Colorado speeding ticket on a Texas license

Thread: Colorado speeding ticket on a Texas license

Default Colorado speeding ticket on a Texas license

So the wife was visiting a month ago and got a speeding ticket here in CO on her TX license. She has since moved up here and has her day in court in another week. She hasn't yet converted to a CO license. I think she was going around 20 over.
    So what's the deal here in CO, is there a defensive driver class she can take to have it dropped? Should she hire a lawyer to get it reduced? Should she just pay the fine then convert to a CO license and hope that the transfer of points don't manage to go to TX then CO while she converts her license?

Thanks for the advice.
    //IBA#45891/GrassHopper/GelSeat/3" Riser/CF Riser & Speedo & Lower Frame Trim/Chrome axle cover/Sport Windshield/1.5" engine guards/Kuryakyn Transformer Grips & Throttle Boss, Constelation floor boards / Highway pegs / Tank Cover / Dunlop250 rear / Metz 160 Front / 2" Bones / Shayne TX Side Mount / DeBeaver / Cobra Power Pro / Freedom Performance Curves / Wide Open Customs Fairing

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member fire fighter 109's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTransport View Post
    So the wife was visiting a month ago and got a speeding ticket here in CO on her TX license. She has since moved up here and has her day in court in another week. She hasn't yet converted to a CO license. I think she was going around 20 over.
    So what's the deal here in CO, is there a defensive driver class she can take to have it dropped? Should she hire a lawyer to get it reduced? Should she just pay the fine then convert to a CO license and hope that the transfer of points don't manage to go to TX then CO while she converts her license?

Thanks for the advice.
    No.

She does not need a lawyer to get it reduced, but it will help if her record is not clean

you will have to look into that more, I have no clue there

How much over? Colorado sucks; she will pay a $50 court charge, $20 BS fee, a $20 crossing guard charge on top of a $10 per mile over.
    IF her record is clean, she can get the points and the initial charge reduced but will still pay the costs.

Wow, no chance of "first time offense" break? It worked for me, but I'm in MA. I hadn't been stopped in close to 20 years, was caught on radar 20 over and asked the magistrate to consider my record. It worked. No lies, or stories, just straight out asked. Now, you need a decent driving record, or you can forget that.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Was she driving on a school zone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member triggerman1961's Avatar

Default our great state

tt,driver to driver,it can done depend who and where,call me 720.979.3639
    if snow was sunshine,i would be living in Miami