Are we embarrassed to own a Non-HD? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are we embarrassed to own a Non-HD?

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    Wow, lots of good posts, lots of insults and hate directed at HD owners, too. The Nine tank emblem looks awkward to me, breaks up the smooth lines of the bike. So do the reflectors.

I owned a Nine and loved it, went fast and looked good, been there, done that. But know what my girl and I loved more? Riding. Riding a lot. See those red states on the below pic? That was done in a year and a half on my Street Glide. No trailering involved. The Sturgis trip I just got back from was the most fun I've ever had in my life! 4,500 comfortable miles in 11 days! This is the right bike for us, for sure.

So keep changing the broken clutch cables, cleaning the oil puke off of the left side of the bike, fixing the clutch shudder, and dealing with the bottom end surge, the Nine is still a great bike for the $$.
    Yup, and you keep paying exorbitant prices for parts and the sheeple attire, keep mopping up oil, overheating in traffic, watching our tail lights, and blending in to the mass of identical bikes.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Some of these guys are on the wrong forum Pete. They are confused. Course I guess that the HD forum is boring. They all look alike and they don't have any stories about who they raced and beat. I don't care what they own. HD is OK for some. Just don't expect people on a 9 forum to bow down and agree with you in your views. If you want one buy it. I don't care. Its your money. But you can't go to Busch Stadium and root for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    Yup, and you keep paying exorbitant prices for parts and the sheeple attire, keep mopping up oil, overheating in traffic, watching our tail lights, and blending in to the mass of identical bikes.

With all due respect, all of the Boulevards/M109's look alike too. Just like all of the Street Glides look alike and the VRods look alike, the VStroms look alike, the Ninjas look alike....you get the picture. Can't we just be happy with whatever someone else chooses to ride? I don't understand where this dislike for Harley's comes from. You make fun of them, stating all the oil spills and problems that people have with them. Have you read all the threads in this forum with members having the same problems with their 9's? Clutch problems, leaks, etc. There is no perfect bike. I'm just happy to know that there are others out there that enjoy riding...be it on a HD or Suzuki.
    JMHO, good day!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tare View Post
    With all due respect, all of the Boulevards/M109's look alike too. Just like all of the Street Glides look alike and the VRods look alike, the VStroms look alike, the Ninjas look alike....you get the picture. Can't we just be happy with whatever someone else chooses to ride? I don't understand where this dislike for Harley's comes from. You make fun of them, stating all the oil spills and problems that people have with them. Have you read all the threads in this forum with members having the same problems with their 9's? Clutch problems, leaks, etc. There is no perfect bike. I'm just happy to know that there are others out there that enjoy riding...be it on a HD or Suzuki. JMHO, good day!
    I think it's more about what Shooter said just before your post. I would never go to a HD site and start bragging about the 9...seems like it's done here a lot.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

I got beat by a Sportster, but I was riding my 360. He didn't brag much, but did buy me a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    I got beat by a Sportster, but I was riding my 360. He didn't brag much, but did buy me a beer!
    Oh, one of them 49 HP sporties, eh? Was the carb out of whack on your 360?

Yes, it's EXACTLY what shooter said. Go brag about your HDs on a HD forum. You don't hear me bragging about my VMax or my Goldwing here, do you? No? Because I HAVE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE!!!

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Oh, one of them 49 HP sporties, eh? Was the carb out of whack on your 360?

Yes, it's EXACTLY what shooter said. Go brag about your HDs on a HD forum. You don't hear me bragging about my VMax or my Goldwing here, do you? No? Because I HAVE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE!!!

I certainly hope this post above isn't directed at me. I don't brag about my Harley here or anywhere else. Simply stating that I ride one is not bragging. I don't brag about beating other bikes like so many here do. I don't brag that my bike is faster like so many here do. I don't brag that people always stop to look at my bike like so many here do.

Yanno, this isn't the only non HD bike site that I frequent but this is the only non HD site that has made me feel unwelcome. I hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    What you gonna fill those up with what you recover off the ground under her Harley?
    Keep em,you'll need them for the left side air cleaner!

I certainly hope this post above isn't directed at me. I don't brag about my Harley here or anywhere else. Simply stating that I ride one is not bragging. I don't brag about beating other bikes like so many here do. I don't brag that my bike is faster like so many here do. I don't brag that people always stop to look at my bike like so many here do.

Yanno, this isn't the only non HD bike site that I frequent but this is the only non HD site that has made me feel unwelcome. I hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
    It's directed at anyone who comes here and complains that the folks here are badmouthing their Ultra Lube XLSFRTWX, or that we don't "play nice." Like I said, I own other bikes too, but I don't come on here and complain when someone says a Goldwing is "an old man's bike" or the Vmax is ugly. I'm secure enough not to. I go to the VMax site(s) to talk about my Vmax and the Goldwing site(s) to talk about my wing. When I am here I want to talk about my M109R and if I want to talk smack about Hardleys I damn well am going to!!!

If this is getting your panties in a bunch, step back and ask yourself what people on a M109R site want to talk about.

Banned

With all due respect, all of the Boulevards/M109's look alike too. Just like all of the Street Glides look alike and the VRods look alike, the VStroms look alike, the Ninjas look alike....you get the picture. Can't we just be happy with whatever someone else chooses to ride? I don't understand where this dislike for Harley's comes from. You make fun of them, stating all the oil spills and problems that people have with them. Have you read all the threads in this forum with members having the same problems with their 9's? Clutch problems, leaks, etc. There is no perfect bike. I'm just happy to know that there are others out there that enjoy riding...be it on a HD or Suzuki.
    JMHO, good day!
    Tare baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you feeling froggy today LOL LIke i have said before this is a M109R site sweetie. Pump us up. lie if ya want to,, but our bikes rock......Ya know what I would like from a harley for my bike? Their paint. They do have some choice paint.............I just hope it finishes out nice, Dont want to slow ma beast down.
    Good day...........

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Tare baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you feeling froggy today LOL LIke i have said before this is a M109R site sweetie. Pump us up. lie if ya want to,, but our bikes rock......Ya know what I would like from a harley for my bike? Their paint. They do have some choice paint.............I just hope it finishes out nice, Dont want to slow ma beast down.
    Good day...........
    Ahhh, a voice of reason in an otherwise insane arena. Funny, the only thing I like about the 9's are the colors, especially the blue on yours. There, I pumped...but did I lie?

Ahhh, a voice of reason in an otherwise insane arena. Funny, the only thing I like about the 9's are the colors, especially the blue on yours. There, I pumped...but did I lie?
    Then LEAVE, and don't let the door hit your @ss on the way out!

Know what I like about Hardleys? The pink slips when I race them! Hahahahahaha, just kidding, I'd sell the things if I won them.

If Hardley Ablesons were women, this is what they would look like:

Last edited by HyperPete; 09-03-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Banned

LMAO. Blue vigor pearl they call it. Same they put on the first Dodge vipors. I went up beside a vipor in Seattle with this paint and he stayed right beside me and said Blue vigor pearl, YUP we talked a little while driving down the freeway.......
    No you didn't lie

Banned

MT VERNON, NY ( More than likely im on the bike, i could be anywhere )

I too belong to Goldwing forums, this forum & now The Roadglide forum but who has time to spread negative vibes NOT ME im to busy enjoying life with whatever bikes i own & ride, some are still young dumb chewing buble gum
    You only live once so , dont talk about it, be about it !

Oh but you did dear. On the Swampworks/Meancycles thread you said , and I quote , 'Or I could say just buy a Harley, their customer service is impeccable'. So you're a liar and a shyt disturber. I was ok with having you till you started all the HD crap. I don't care what you ride. My best friend rides a HD. But there is mutual respect. I never tell him mine is better and neither does he. This forum is different. It's all about M109R. Around here it's the Holy Grail. I speak about my F6B occasionally. All the regulars know I have one. I never compare it to the 9. I never say it's better at this or better at that. I respect the forum and the bike. You're like a liberal. It's not good enough for you to believe in something. You want to make everyone else believe in it too. Go away. You're right, you aren't welcome.

Know what I like about Hardleys? The pink slips when I race them! Hahahahahaha, just kidding, I'd sell the things if I won them.

I guess if 109's were women, they would be PLASTIC blow up dolls.

I guess if 109's were women, they would be PLASTIC blow up dolls.
    Ohhhh, STUNNING comeback, TROLL.

Don't go away mad, just GO AWAY.

GO THE HELL AWAY , we dont want your kind. just stir up trouble please do us a favor and leave or forum.

You know I really don't care what you ride. L2P is a great guy. I thoroughly enjoy his posts. He is a rock for this forum. He don't have a nine. Ricochet has a R3 but he isn't on here dissing our bikes. HD's are ok for some people. Just not me. If I wanted to hear how good they are I would join a HD site. I don't understand the other sides fascination with our site. It could be that we have the Coolest Forum On the Planet!!!!! That's it. they are not only jealous of our Bikes. They are jealous of our forum and all the Rockstar Board Members we have. I finally figured it out.

You know I really don't care what you ride. L2P is a great guy. I thoroughly enjoy his posts. He is a rock for this forum. He don't have a nine. Ricochet has a R3 but he isn't on here dissing our bikes. HD's are ok for some people. Just not me. If I wanted to hear how good they are I would join a HD site. I don't understand the other sides fascination with our site. It could be that we have the Coolest Forum On the Planet!!!!! That's it. they are not only jealous of our Bikes. They are jealous of our forum and all the Rockstar Board Members we have. I finally figured it out.
    EXACTLY! Sour Grapes! They are here because their FORUMS are slow TOO!!!

Banned

My sis sent this yesterday. Read age 46,,,,,,,,,,, No intended for anyone singled out, But i wanted to tell this to my boss today. I dont think she would have taken it well, but its the truth with her.

TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE

Read it through to the end, it gets better as you go!

I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries
    when we sing "Silent Night".

Age 5

I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my
    broccoli either.

Age 7

I've learned that when I wave to people in the country,
    they stop what they are doing and wave back.

Age 9

I've learned that just when I get my room the way I
    like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.

Age 12

I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you
    should try cheering someone else up.

Age 14

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm
    secretly glad my parents are strict with me.

Age 15

I've learned that silent company is often more healing
    than words of advice.

Age 24

I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of
    life's great pleasures.

Age 26

I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst
    drivers have followed me there.

Age 29

I've learned that if someone says something unkind
    about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Age 30

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly
    but just don't know how to show it.

Age 42

I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply
    sending them a little note.

Age 44

I've learned that the greater a person's sense of
    guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.

Age 46

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural
    allies.

Age 47

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it
    seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Age 48

I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my
    spirits for hours.

Age 49

I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the
    side away from the phone.

Age 50

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the
    way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and
    tangled Christmas tree lights.

Age 51

I've learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a
    medicine cabinet full of pills.

Age 52

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with
    your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.

Age 53

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing
    as making a life.

Age 58

I've learned that if you want to do something positive
    for your children, work to improve your marriage.

Age 61

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second
    chance.

Age 62

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a
    catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something
    back.

Age 64

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will
    elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others,
    your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can,
    happiness will find you.

Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with
    kindness, I usually make the right decision.

Age 66

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.

Age 72

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have
    to be one.

Age 82

I've learned that every day you should reach out and
    touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm
    hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

Age 90

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I think 72 is applicable!

I'm pretty good at the 64 thing Pete.

Banned

I'm pretty good at the 64 thing Pete.
    I re read ma post and like this one as well..

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will
    elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others,
    your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can,
    happiness will find you.

Age 65

That's why I'm happy Nemo. My Son just got married Sunday. I was with him 5 days out in Cincy. Had a great time. I'm getting married Oct 11. It's all about friends and family. I'm a lucky Guy.

Congrats Shooter.
    I WISH FOR you and your new wife the best. my wife and i have had 30 great years. both are 2nd marriage. i hope you and your bride to be the best and may both of your health stay good for a long time . and never forget good friends and family
    BEST TO YO YOU DESERVE IT.
    THANKS From my heart for being a great friend in my sickness and prayers from you both

moon

Banned

That's why I'm happy Nemo. My Son just got married Sunday. I was with him 5 days out in Cincy. Had a great time. I'm getting married Oct 11. It's all about friends and family. I'm a lucky Guy.
    YES you are bro. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Moon. I appreciate you brother.

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar