All I could say is WOW!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I could say is WOW!

Default All I could say is WOW!

Me and one of my friends were out riding and ran across a 1987 VMAX. The guy was really cool and said he just purchased it and wanted to see what it would do against another bike. He said he heard how bad the M109 was and that he wanted one but could never find the one he wanted. To get to the point, we did some rolling starts and that thing just pulls and pulls. He beat my friend's white bike(stock) by about 7 bike lengths, he beat me by 3 bike lenghts. We were shocked that the older model Vmax ran so well. I know about the newer models with close to 190 horsepower, but those older models are strong as well. I'm still wowed about this incident and I know now not to mess with the VMAX(old or new)!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vmax.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	71348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and chris.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	71349  
    06 Burple with chrome wheels and alot of other mods. Mod Bug = NBM(nothing but money)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Those things ain't no joke!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Yep, and they're as ugly as they are fast
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Those things ain't no joke!
    You are right bro. i got the jump on him about 1 bike lenght and he blew past me!
    06 Burple with chrome wheels and alot of other mods. Mod Bug = NBM(nothing but money)

Banned

DAAAAAAAMN,,,,,,,,,,,,

Very Active Member godservant78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Yep, and they're as ugly as they are fast
    Well, they have that 80's Delorian, back to the future look going on!
    Custom Duck Covers, Kuruakyn Pegs, Signals, Grips, Mirrors, K&N's, Corbin Seat, 160 upgrade.
    Chrome Hub, and polished wheels. Chin Spoiler, and Powder coated mesh grille

I think they look badass!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I think they look badass!
    ^+1

V-Max=original power cruiser=VERY Bad Azz machines!!! Dont mess with them!!! LOL

They don't call them "Mr. Max" for nothing. My uncle has a 99 model, and it is bad to the bone.

Very Active Member

You think it is fast, watch him put a stage 7 jet kit on it and play with some other mods. You are looking at an easy lower 10 second machine. I absolutely love everything about that bike.

Very Active Member

An '87 model in the states is a rare site indeed! The '87 models weren't sold in the US, so this particular bike must have came from another country.....and yes, ALL V-Max models are very fast!

Default MIghty V-Max

Super Bad Bike! I rode one in about 1992 and damned near shat myself! Way over compensated at take off and EVERYTHING broke loose! Perhaps I'm growing tired of the style though . . I think they are fugly. I owned a Yamaha Maxim X at the time and it was quick too. V Max is in a league of their own though.
    Maybe if the VMax was stretched, raked and running a massive tire on the back . . .
    KarateMoto!!

Default VMAX and Nissan GTR

I think it is cool that two of the fastest things the Japanese produce are two of the uglier things around. I definitely have respect when I see a guy on a vmax. Very rare sighting however.

I wanted one real bad when they first came out. Still think they are a sharp bike.

One of the first articles I read about them said the back tires didn't last very long because they would spin a lot. Basically, hard to launch without spinning rubber.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vmax.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	71357

This is my friends after he had it modded out, like some of you guys hes been riding all his life. The guy who completed the work speailizes in Vamxxs for more pic go to this link http://planetvmax.com/time-machines/...ll-monte-vmax/

LOL, We were out one day I took off on him playing around he let me get a good lead and then passed me like I was standing still. When he slowed and I caught up laughing he says where you go? Absolute BAD A$$ bike.

The original 85 Max was 130 HP out of the box, I had a 97 in 2000 and believe me every spring out for the first time when you hit it and the V-Boost kicks in you better be holding on, it will pull the bars out of your hands, and you may chit your pants and smile for the rest of the day, I couldn't even imagine the new ones
    2008 M109R2, "SS" Theme, 69 Camero Hugger Orange Paint, Raw Pipe, Thunder air, Cobra Pro Auto Tuner, 260 / 160 Metz's, Chrome Stock Wheels, Seat by Abe, 2" Bar Ext, Barons Fender Eliminator, Squirrel Chrome Cover, Chrome Fork Covers,M50 Floorboards, Rear Caliper Relocate, All S/S Braided Lines, Lowered Front, L&M Chin Spoiler

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mo H View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vmax.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	71357

This is my friends after he had it modded out, like some of you guys hes been riding all his life. The guy who completed the work speailizes in Vamxxs for more pic go to this link http://planetvmax.com/time-machines/...ll-monte-vmax/

LOL, We were out one day I took off on him playing around he let me get a good lead and then passed me like I was standing still. When he slowed and I caught up laughing he says where you go? Absolute BAD A$$ bike.
    This is a new gen Max and they are even more bad ass than the old ones...I really like his exhaust system...the stock ones are ugly as hell...this particular bike is probably a 9 second bike....they aren't too far from that bone stock....don't feel bad about your buddy flying by you, from what I've heard they will also outaccelerate Busas and ZX-14s too....

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    The original 85 Max was 130 HP out of the box, I had a 97 in 2000 and believe me every spring out for the first time when you hit it and the V-Boost kicks in you better be holding on, it will pull the bars out of your hands, and you may chit your pants and smile for the rest of the day, I couldn't even imagine the new ones
    They were more like 145 HP...I had an '89 Max with the Supertrapp slip-ons and that thing sounded like a top fueler when I got on it hard...used to love playing around with the sport bike guys...a lot of them didn't know what it was and couldn't believe how fast it was...

The Vmax was good enough for the Ghost Rider sequel. Too bad the movie sucked big time.

Very Active Member nightroddersp's Avatar

vmax has got so much power that if you don't know how to ride. the vmax will leave you where you are and go down the road by its self. to me the stance of that bike seem more like a naked crotch rocket. comparing it to m109r or the vrod is like camparing the viper to the camaro. it is just as bad as saying the ducati deveal is a cruiser. but then you can go in the other direction and say where is the sport the triumph rocket III. that monster looks like all cruiser to me. you might as well call the boss hoss a sport cruiser...just my opinion though.
    ready or not here i come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    This is a new gen Max and they are even more bad ass than the old ones...I really like his exhaust system...the stock ones are ugly as hell...this particular bike is probably a 9 second bike....they aren't too far from that bone stock....don't feel bad about your buddy flying by you, from what I've heard they will also outaccelerate Busas and ZX-14s too....
    Yeah I believe its an 09, he had the exhaust built its loud as hell this bike modded for (even more) speed. Lol, exactly why I said playing around cause when he passed me thought it was a dragster

Quote Originally Posted by g9r View Post
    The Vmax was good enough for the Ghost Rider sequel. Too bad the movie sucked big time.
    winner of worst movie of the year....i bought it on cable for 4.99 and it was still a waste of money....

HOWEVER, the part where the decaying guy was trying to eat and the food kept disintegrating and then he grabs a Hostess Twinkie and it doesnt disintigrate made me laugh my ass off....i was crying it was so funny...but only that one single scene, the rest of the show sucked balls !

2007 Black M109R, Metzler 260/160,Debadge/Beav,HK Sideburner,Cobra Power Pro CVT,dropped 2",PC'd wheels,Ducks Cowl with LED's (yes,the rear seat cowl ! ),Kury all around,Holley Intakes,Garmin,2" Risers,Driver Backrest, Jardine Quick release billet backrest,Tach relocate,Odyssey battery, YS side plate,Alarm,V-stream sport, Factory engine guards, matuza GA bags on ghost brackets, Throttle tamer, jt's night rider. Gel seat, more to come

I thought pretty seriously about getting one of these over the 9. The 9 is much better looking and I think a better bike if you are only going to have one. But I wouldn't mind adding a vmax to the stable, especially the new one!
    2007 M109R Pearl White - Mods: Gutted/Debaffled Exhaust, Yana Shiki 2" Bones, TDE TRE, V-Stream Windshield, Debadged, Debeavered, Kury Rear Tails, Tach Relocated, Kury ISO Grips, Kury Transformer Throttle Boss, Baron Bullet Bar Ends, Kury Switchblade Pegs, Cyclehouse Levers, Boulevard Mirrors, Rivco Highway Pegs, Corbin Seat, Metz 240/160. ​RIP

Default Vmax

Yeah, I could stand looking at one like this in my garage!
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

That one actually doesn't look too bad ^. The tank looks like it holds about a gallon of gas, illusion?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

It isn't a tank. The tank is under the drivers seat.
    2007 M109R Pearl White - Mods: Gutted/Debaffled Exhaust, Yana Shiki 2" Bones, TDE TRE, V-Stream Windshield, Debadged, Debeavered, Kury Rear Tails, Tach Relocated, Kury ISO Grips, Kury Transformer Throttle Boss, Baron Bullet Bar Ends, Kury Switchblade Pegs, Cyclehouse Levers, Boulevard Mirrors, Rivco Highway Pegs, Corbin Seat, Metz 240/160. ​RIP

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE View Post
    Yeah, I could stand looking at one like this in my garage!
    Where's the right front brake caliper/disc? Ther's no way I'd give up half of the front's braking power on a bike this fast!

Default I seriously looked at one at North County.

I wouldn't mind a Vmax. If i was to replace the 9 that is what I'd have. I think they look sweet. Just cant seem to justify the 23k price tag new. We'll see.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub109R View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Vmax. If i was to replace the 9 that is what I'd have. I think they look sweet. Just cant seem to justify the 23k price tag new. We'll see.

They can be had for considerably less than that...I've seen them brand new for around 18K...