M109 Rider Forums banner

Do you guys think this is a good deal on a M90?

2K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  memphis red m90 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I had my mind set on a m109, and was just waiting for the right opportunity/bike. BUT, I came across a 2009 m90 with roughly 2,300 miles for $6k. The KBB is around $6,500, so the price is fair (seller will not go lower). The tires have about 65% tread left.

My biggest concern is that Suzuki doesn't make the m90 anymore, and the impact to resale value after 2-3 years. Is that a legit concern?

My budget of $7k gets me a 2007 m109 with 4-6k miles, whereas for $6k, this particular m90 is a 2009 with under 2,500 miles. Is the m109 that much more of a significant bike over the m90?

What a predicament. Any words of wisdom? ;)

THANKS

#2 ·
Go for the M90... :bigthumbsup:

All the m109 owners only bought such a big bike to make up for lack of,,,,,,, well you know.. :joke::joke:

But yeah, the difference in power is pretty substantial between the m90 and the m109.. You may want to hold out if you really had your heart set on the m109..

#4 ·
Get the 90, you'll always be wishing you had that extra power (as well as aftermarket items). Get the 109, you'll be smiling for years to come ;)

I'm not just saying that because I have the 109. I actually went looking for the 90 when I was looking for a bike. Just seeing them side by side and riding them, I knew I wanted the 109. At the time I was able to get a 2 year old 109 for the same price as a new 90.

#5 ·
No question, buy the M109 now or save your pennies for the upgrade later.

#18 ·
Keep saving and get the 9!!!

Buying a bike is big decision that you do not want to regret. I looked around for a few months, checked all the local dealerships, new and used. I looked at the M109R, the Raider, the Striker, a few HD's and a few M90's. I scoped out message boards (like this one) and reviews online. At the end of it all the M109R stood out well above the rest. I know I would not have been as happy as I am, with the 9, if I had bought any other bike. I bought mine (2011 with 100 miles on it) on May 30th and have been smiling ever since 8)8)!!!! The 9 rocks.

#21 · (Edited)
Go for the 109.

I started looking for a new M90, but after my experience with Jeeps, I thought it was wiser to go for the big deal at once. You see, in the Jeep world, 90% of users start with a "trail ride"... and modify their vehicles for "hard trails" with 33" tires and so. Then you realize that what you really want is a rock rig, with 37" and taller tires, suspension, etc... so you end up spending double. Been there, done that.

This time I went for the real deal from day one, and instead of a new M90 I got a used M109. That bike is my therapist now. Worth every dollar and I don't regret it at all. :doorag:

Choose wise.

#22 ·
Bro, I had a blue M90 for three years. It was a great bike! Really, it was. I went from a Gixxer to the 90 and it was plenty of speed and handling. But, I always wanted a 9. The 90 is not a 9! When I bought my 9 this March, I quickly realized that the only thing these have in common is the word suzuki and the letter M. The 90 does not even compare to the 9!!! The 9 is by far the best bike I have ever owned. Trust me, if you want a 9 and buy a 90, you'll always be wishing you had bought the 9!

#28 ·
Selling the 90 to get a 9 and gonna loose 8K+

I love my M90 and for my first bike it was a heck of a bike ... ok I had an M50 for a month but the M90 is really my first bike. I modded it up with every possible option and add on and now I want more. So I am lookin to find an Orange M109 with Black Rims. Its gonna take a while but I can always get stockers powder coated to get my by for a year. Buy the 9 and save your self some time and cash!

#25 ·
I bought a new 90 2 years ago and start moding it the first winter! :) 2 years later im still in love with my bike and do not regret my choice. Yes its true i did 240 tire and radiator shroud which are 2 things 90s lacking design wise. If you want 9 i say go for it, otherwise you might regret your choice. For me 90 is an awesome bike and im verry happy with it. It gets so much attention that it almost starts annoying me, cause i almost cant go to the gas station without answering a bunch of questions too bunch of people admiring my baby. For my style of riding 90 got more then enough power and torque. I cruise at around 100kmh. Its true there are not much aftermarket parts for 90 compared to the 9 but that forced me to connect with local companies and i realized that they can make any kind of custom part i would ever need! Next winter im gonna start designing some real custom stuff that would be unique and made just for my bike. Like i said do whatever your heart tells you not the current financial situation. If you want 9 buy a 9 and be patient, im sure you will find some sweet deal! :) I just wanted to give you some first hand information and opinion from a 90 rider. :))
I wish you good luck with whatever bike gonna land in your garage! :)

Here is my black baby head to head with my friends HD Night train.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

#30 ·
Well I guess I'll put my 2 cents in.

I went for looks.

I'm 5'7 189lbs. When I sat on the 109 it (for me) just didn't feel right. I also enjoyed modding out mine based on the scavenger hunt for parts.

The club I ride in has several 109s but he 90 gets the looks. Most can't believe its a 90.

As for me the m90 fits me perfect. Stop light to stop light I get the 109s every time. But the 109 can walk off from me on a long straight-a-way. Trust I'm only a second behind.

It's all about your personal preference and the way you ride. I wanted to stay within my pockets price range and not look like everyone else (sorta).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Well I guess I'll put my 2 cents in.

I went for looks. I'm 5'7 189lbs. When I sat on the 109 it (for me) just didn't feel right. I also enjoyed modding out mine based on the scavenger hunt for parts.
The club I ride in has several 109s but he 90 gets the looks. Several can't believe its a 90.

As for me the m90 fits me perfect. Stop light to stop light I get the 109s every time.

But he 109 can walk off from me on a long straight-a-way. Trust I'm only a second behind.

It's all about your personal preference and the way you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.