Seriously Fooked up my Front Foot Peg - Need Advice

Thread: Seriously Fooked up my Front Foot Peg - Need Advice

Default Seriously Fooked up my Front Foot Peg - Need Advice

Figured I'd go out for a nice gentle ride tonight (even thought its 90F) and after 40 miles of nice gentle riding.....approaching some rail road tracks, I lift my weight off my azz by pushing up on my footpegs. Scared the living chit out of me, as my left foot hit the f'ing ground! Good news is my leg and foot are still in one piece, but my left foot peg is fooked. See photos attached.

Does anybody know are these pegs in the photo stock? If so, what is a good footpeg to replace with? I didn't want to have to do this just now - but does anybody have some pegs I can buy? Im willing to gift on paypal cash straight away to get me riding again. Kinda hard to ride without a footpeg!

Any recommendations on replacement footpegs and how easy are they to fit? Are there any that would connect straight to what I have, IE the black bracket in the photo? I don't mean to be an idiot, but I truly have no idea what comes stock on this bike, and I havent yet seen any other 9's to compare it to.

Your help is truly appreciated - Im so pissed off right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (15).jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	71051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (16).jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	71052  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BAD BOY M109R's Avatar

Yea them are stock. Alot of pegs will work with the rite adapter.
    BONE STOCK

So what exactly don i need to buy? Find the footpeg I want and aask for the 109r adapter? That's it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default FOOT PEG!

Quote Originally Posted by Richybooy View Post
    Figured I'd go out for a nice gentle ride tonight (even thought its 90F) and after 40 miles of nice gentle riding.....approaching some rail road tracks, I lift my weight off my azz by pushing up on my footpegs. Scared the living chit out of me, as my left foot hit the f'ing ground! Good news is my leg and foot are still in one piece, but my left foot peg is fooked. See photos attached.

Does anybody know are these pegs in the photo stock? If so, what is a good footpeg to replace with? I didn't want to have to do this just now - but does anybody have some pegs I can buy? Im willing to gift on paypal cash straight away to get me riding again. Kinda hard to ride without a footpeg!

Any recommendations on replacement footpegs and how easy are they to fit? Are there any that would connect straight to what I have, IE the black bracket in the photo? I don't mean to be an idiot, but I truly have no idea what comes stock on this bike, and I havent yet seen any other 9's to compare it to.

Your help is truly appreciated - Im so pissed off right now.
    FOOT PEGS! if there is NO radical mod change most will fit the same fixture and in most cases when you buy or replace them they come complete with all the hardware to make sure its a perfect fit!! your better off going to your local bike shop and let them do it or you can replace them yourself!!...sorry you have damage bro but it could have been far worse!!
    Last edited by ROCKMUZK; 07-06-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: typo

Good thing its the peg and not your foot sticking out like that! I got a stock peg you can have.... send me a text and we can work out a time to drop it off. 847.924.4258 They're super easy to swap out...

Very Active Member rockfordrider's Avatar

Richy, first thing you do is log on to facebook find Chicagoland M109'ers and join the group, there are riders near your area more than willing to help , and a great crew to ride with. like the others have said many choices to use, would be intresting to hear why this happened in the first place. Photos of the peg after you take it out would be nice to see.
    Bully Bagger

Is it the peg that broke or the bracket, sorry, I'm using a phone can't see the pic well
    Kuryakyn sells all kinds of pegs you just buy the adaptor and mount any kind you like

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Metric/Foot-Controls/Foot-Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_town View Post
    Good thing its the peg and not your foot sticking out like that! I got a stock peg you can have.... send me a text and we can work out a time to drop it off. 847.924.4258 They're super easy to swap out...
    2011 M109R LE, Iso grips w/ throttle boss, Smoked turn signals, debadged, Jardine quick release sissy bar for the queen. Ride safe!

Very Active Member She's real fine my 109's Avatar

WOW. I'd like to see the peg after its off. At the mount of the peg its round at the top and square at the bottom to bind the peg from going down. He had to brake the ears off the peg to get the peg to drop.

You must be a big boy.

Lots of people change out their pegs so there should be plenty out there.
    Good combo for the nine. 265/40/18 or P265/45R 18 Michelin Pilot Sport and Metz 130/70/18 front. Try it, youll like it.
    What other people think of you is none of your business.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of another.

More than likely the the flat end side of the peg got rounded of somehow.

I have a set that you can have. I can meet you mid-way to drop it off. How far is Woodfield mall from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigz View Post
    More than likely the the flat end side of the peg got rounded of somehow.

I have a set that you can have. I can meet you mid-way to drop it off. How far is Woodfield mall from you?
    Tigz I can meet you at Woodfield and he can pick it up from me I think he works in Woodstock I have to be at Work at 1 I'm going to get a hair cut and after that I can meet you in Woodfield before I head to work let me know if this works I'm getting my hair cut in 15 mins.

I can't make it today. im ridin out that way tomorrow morning for the galena/Poopy's ride that we are doing. We are meeting up at BP on Rt 31 around 8. R u near that place?

I totally appreiate all of your guys help. Im so thoroughly pizzed off about the whole thing. Means I can't ride up to Wis tonight until I get some new pegs.

I called a couple of places who might have some kurkyran pegs - but no adapters so Im seemingly SOL right now.

I have to be at work at 6 tomorrow morning otherwise that would be perfect since that bp is 10mins from my house and a route I take to work. Don't know what time you are meeting there but if it is after 6 maybe Rich might be able to hook up and grab it that will be a lot closer to him.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Tigz - youre gonna be at BP in Elgin at 8am tomorrow? Is it the stock pegs you have (for sale)? I totally need a new peg. After closer examination, it has rounded off over time and just wont stay up anymore. I guess my putting weight on it, was the end for the foot peg.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by ooinkk View Post
    Is it the peg that broke or the bracket, sorry, I'm using a phone can't see the pic well
    Kuryakyn sells all kinds of pegs you just buy the adaptor and mount any kind you like

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Metric/Foot-Controls/Foot-Pegs
    I also have kuryakyn iso pegs and kuryakyn adapters, never had any problems - but I'd
    recommend a quick call to Jenny craig!!! Wow.....lol, glad your ok

Ride safe

Tigz - youre gonna be at BP in Elgin at 8am tomorrow? Is it the stock pegs you have (for sale)? I totally need a new peg. After closer examination, it has rounded off over time and just wont stay up anymore. I guess my putting weight on it, was the end for the foot peg.

yeah, I'll be there tomorrow. we'll be meeting up with the other riders at BP on rt 31. Ill pm you my number. Do you want both pegs? or just the driver peg

Quote Originally Posted by Tigz View Post
    yeah, I'll be there tomorrow. we'll be meeting up with the other riders at BP on rt 31. Ill pm you my number. Do you want both pegs? or just the driver peg

Stand down fellas... I dropped a peg off earlier today.

Cool.

Thanks guys for thinking about me and chitown you seriously are the man! I TOTALLY owe you and can't thank you enough for dropping me off a peg while I was at work!

Thanks for helping me out. If any of you need anything just let me know - I'm in! Without m109riders I would have been screwed. One things for sure ill definitely be passing the good deed on!

Thanks guys for thinking about me and chitown you seriously are the man! I TOTALLY owe you and can't thank you enough for dropping me off a peg while I was at work!

Thanks for helping me out. If any of you need anything just let me know - I'm in! Without m109riders I would have been screwed. One things for sure ill definitely be passing the good deed on!
    If you are passing out Good deeds we'll see you at the Tilted Kilt on Wednesday for Bike Night Glad to see you got your pegs