#1 · (Edited)
Friday Oct 5 - Sunday Oct 7

Dock's Motel
8219 State Hwy 73
Townsend, TN 37882
Phone 865.448.2234
http://www.docksmotel.com/

Just west of Gatlinburg, TN on the Little River

Cancellation Policy: 7 days prior to arrival. Less than 7 days before checking in are subject to a $50 charge per day reserved.

- Paved road entrance (some gravel parking)
- Pavilion, picnic tables, and charcoal grills
- Motorcycle offloading ramp (for pickups)
- Cabins and motel are all right there in the same area.

- Jam287 (Jed) -Dock's Motel
- biscuitpimp 3 (Demetri, Carrie + 1)
-Dock's Motel
- oinkk (Rob)-Dock's Motel
- crazytrain (CJ)-Dock's Motel
- John -Dock's Motel
- JoDon
-Dock's Motel
- Victory_Rider -Dock's Motel
- CMHGUY (Eric) -Dock's Motel
- John -Dock's Motel
- Valiant
-Dock's Motel
- bearcat (Norlonn) -Dock's Motel
- Donovan (CBR1000 or Ninja 600) -Dock's Motel
- Tbud -Headricks Motel
- Jdaw
g -Headricks Motel
- g9r (Greg)
-Dock's Motel

*If I get any names wrong please let me know.

Dock's availability as of 09/16/2012:

River cabin with one King. $85. + tax
Cabin off river with one King and hot tub. $110. with hot tub or $95. without hot tub + tax.
Cabin off river with one Queen bed and hot tub. $120. with hot tub or $95. without hot tub + tax. There are 2 of these that are identical.

Trailers - she stated that the cabins have a parking area and also stated that the large cabin (which I think Demetri reserved) has a large parking lot. So I don't think there will be a problem. The only concern she had is that there is another biker group staying at the same time that will have some trailers. But my impression was that if we work together we can fit them in. Anyone that is concerned should call them for more info.

Should all the rooms/cabins be booked at Dock's Motel:
Headricks River Breeze
8242 Tennessee 73
Townsend, TN 37882
(865) 448-2389
http://www.headricksriverbreeze.com/

This is directly across the street from Dock's.

Friday October 5 - Sunday October 7

This is the date for the Tennessee Meet and Greet. Of course this is open to anyone from anywhere, all are more than welcomed. I've started a list of the one's that I know plan to attend and will update it from this day forward with any new posts saying that they are coming. Jed and I plan to get there Friday evening and stay through Sunday morning. As far as the riding goes, the plan is to ride through the Smoky Mountains and include the "Tail of the Dragon", "209 The Rattler" and some scenic riding around Fontana Dam as well. I'm working on collecting some info on places to stay in Gatlinburg and may try to make a scouting ride over there. I'd like to find some small "Mom and Pop" type of place to stay. If anyone lives near there and can scout it out, let me know. Very much looking forward to some great riding and sight seeing as well. Hopefully a nice sized group will be able to participate. Will continue to update Thread #1 as it develops.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
http://www.209therattler.com/
http://www.fontanavillage.com/

*** Tail of the Dragon ***

*** The Rattler ***

See less See more
#39 ·
Thread updated...

- Jam287 (Jed)
- jefflb1961 (Jeff)
- oinkk (Rob)
- crazytrain (CJ)
- g9r (Greg)

*If i get any names wrong just drop me a message.

Rob - you are on the list! Let me know if anything changes with that new 9 of yours.
The life of the party has been added as well... CJ.

#46 ·
Seriously, Tina and I discussed doing this M&G because it is close to where we hang out a lot, and would give us an opportunity to be with some other 9'rs. We have ridden with Oink, Crazy, Biscuit, Bobby Mac and more...and love their company! It's just that I have ridden with Oink and Crazy the most.
Would love to meet more folks!

#50 ·
Just a quick note to say that I have not been able to get over to Gatlinburg to scout out the motels and with my boys football starting up this Saturday, I'm not sure if I will. If anyone wants to go online and book a place go for it and post up where you are staying.

#51 ·
booked a room

I just booked a room here http://www.docksmotel.com/ . It's in Townsend which is right outside of pigeon forge and gatlinburg. Plus the Dragon is not too far. The rates are extremely reasonable. Here is a list of the rooms they have available at the moment.

2 motel rooms- 2 double beds $55 a night
2 river cabins- 1 king bed $85 a night
1 cabin - 2 queen beds $85 a night
3 cabins - 2 double beds $85 a night

If you guys decide to stay here you should probably call instead of trying to book online.

#52 ·
I just booked a room here http://www.docksmotel.com/ . It's in Townsend which is right outside of pigeon forge and gatlinburg. Plus the Dragon is not too far. The rates are extremely reasonable. Here is a list of the rooms they have available at the moment.

2 motel rooms- 2 double beds $55 a night
2 river cabins- 1 king bed $85 a night
1 cabin - 2 queen beds $85 a night
3 cabins - 2 double beds $85 a night

If you guys decide to stay here you should probably call instead of trying to book online.
I know you probably checked already... do all of the cabins and motel have "biker friendly" access? I know how some of the cabin locations can be over in that area.

#55 ·
Man I've been dying to go down there and since i missed the MAM, I'm going to work on my schedule and try and make it. I will keep my eye on this thread. I would need a trailer friendly hotel/motel though. Any suggestions?

#63 ·
Original post updated as well.

*** 08/24/12 Update ***

- Demetri has booked a cabin.
- Jed and I have booked at the motel.

I just called Dock's and here is a current update of availability and some info I was able to collect. This sounds like a pretty nice place and it's by the Little River.

Motel Rooms - 2 at $55 per night
1 with 2 double beds
1 with a queen bed

River Cabins - 2 at $85 per night
1 king bed per cabin

Cabins by the pool - 3 at $85 per night
1 with 2 queen beds
2 with 3 double beds

- Paved road entrance (some gravel parking)
- Pavilion, picnic tables, and charcoal grills
- Motorcycle offloading ramp (for pickups)
- Cabins and motel are all right there in the same area.

Trailers - she stated that the cabins have a parking area and also stated that the large cabin (which I think Demetri reserved) has a large parking lot. So I don't think there will be a problem. The only concern she had is that there is another biker group staying at the same time that will have some trailers. But my impression was that if we work together we can fit them in. Anyone that is concerned should call them for more info.

#65 · (Edited)
Looks like we are up to about 12 people so far. I'm betting we'll have some more jump on board.

Welcome aboard Halo9 and slvr9r. Looking like we may have 9rs from TN, KY, GA, NC and now Long Island, NY. Love it.

- Jam287 (Jed)
- jefflb1961 (Jeff)
- oinkk (Rob)
- crazytrain (CJ)
- bearcat (Norlonn) 85%
- Halo9 (J.R.) & wife
- slvr9r

- g9r (Greg)

#67 ·
Good deal. I'm looking forward to the Dragon as well and just riding through the Great Smoky Mountains. Did you reserve the last 2 motel rooms as shown below? If so I'll take them off the original post.

Motel Rooms - 2 at $55 per night
1 with 2 double beds
1 with a queen bed

1 king bed per cabin

1 with 2 queen beds
2 with 3 double beds

#75 ·
Thread updated. If everyone's still on board, it looks like about 14 of us so far and maybe some "true" NY Cheesecake as well!! Can't wait. Rooms/Cabins are going fast, so if anyone is looking to book one, you may want to make the call. There's another bike group staying there as well so that should be interesting :D

- Jam287 (Jed) -booked at Dock's Motel
- jefflb1961 (Jeff)
-booked at Dock's Motel
- oinkk (Rob)
- crazytrain (CJ)
- bearcat (Norlonn) 85%
- Halo9 (J.R.) & Jenn
-booked at Dock's Motel
- slvr9r 9 (Martin) -booked at Dock's Motel
- Dmed -booked at Dock's Motel
- John-booked at Dock's Motel
- g9r (Greg)
-booked at Dock's Motel

*If I get any names wrong please let me know.

*** 08/26/12 Update ***

Motel Rooms
- 1 at $55 per night
1 with 2 double beds

1 king bed per cabin

1 with 2 queen beds

#78 ·
Hello Everyone. I see quite a few people here that were at the. May 2011 meet and greet in GA.

If this is open to ALL riders I am interested. No hard feelings if you are keeping it 9er exclusive ;).

Also, anyone interested I am trying to get a long day ride together on Sat, Sep 8. Thinking about a loop from Marietta GA to Telico/Cherohala to Tail of the Dragon to Robbinsville then back down 19/129 to GA 400 towards ATL. Route is still wide open.

Ride safe and hope to be riding with you'all again soon.

#80 ·
Hello Everyone. I see quite a few people here that were at the. May 2011 meet and greet in GA.

If this is open to ALL riders I am interested. No hard feelings if you are keeping it 9er exclusive ;).

Also, anyone interested I am trying to get a long day ride together on Sat, Sep 8. Thinking about a loop from Marietta GA to Telico/Cherohala to Tail of the Dragon to Robbinsville then back down 19/129 to GA 400 towards ATL. Route is still wide open.

Ride safe and hope to be riding with you'all again soon.
This is open to any and all bikers my friend. While it will be mostly 9's, I think there may be 4 or more other bikes already coming. If you want to get on board, you should go ahead and call to get a cabin. Not too many left.

#79 ·
Man I really wish I could get away again and ride with you guys. I was just up in the Boone area this past saturday. Plan on going to Boone again Sept. 22 as my daughter is going to an open house at App. State. I am trying to convince her to either go to App. State, or UNC Asheville. That would give me a good excuse to be in the mountains quite often.
Might possibly take the roush up to grandfathers mountain with the wife for a labor day get away. Figure everyone will be headed to the beach for one last summer get away, so I will go in the opposite direction. Once the beach prices come down after labor day, I will head to the beach again;).
Have fun guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.