remove rear suzuki sticker

Thread: remove rear suzuki sticker

Default remove rear suzuki sticker

Has any one removed the factory suzuki sticker on the rear fender of a c109, will it cause paint damage and how do remove it safley?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member godservant78's Avatar

A hair Dryer or a Heat Gun. Or a very Hot day. It shouldn't hurt the paint.
    The Hair dryer will take a lot of heat, but a heat gun will toast it real easy
    if your not careful. Don't use a razor blade or anything like that.
    Custom Duck Covers, Kuruakyn Pegs, Signals, Grips, Mirrors, K&N's, Corbin Seat, 160 upgrade.
    Chrome Hub, and polished wheels. Chin Spoiler, and Powder coated mesh grille

Your paint should be fine if you are careful. The only problem I ran into was a line left behind where the sticker used to be... they clear coated over the sticker at the factory.
    Custom Front Turn Signals, Custom Paint, Sideburner Exhaust, Tornado Air Kit, Dyno tuned Power Commander 5 with Map Selector, XTRE Power Box, R.I.S. Grips, R.I.S. Risers and Pegs and Oil Cap, Yana Levers and Kickstand, Pro-One Mirrors, 6K HID, Custom Derby Cover, Cycle House 2.25" Lowering Bones, Raw Design Rear Turn Signals, Joe Florida's LED's, One-Off Custom Seats and Backrests, and more to follow!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    Your paint should be fine if you are careful. The only problem I ran into was a line left behind where the sticker used to be... they clear coated over the sticker at the factory.
    On the m109, only the LEs are clear coated over. The regular ones are not. Don't know about the C.

pulled the sticker of my c109 and a line was left from the clear coat

The sticker is clear coated over from the factory.I don't know why they did that.
    Previous Bikes:99' GSX-R 600, 01' TL1000R, 04' GSX-R 750, Two 07' GSX-R 600's, 07' Z 1000,07' DRZ 400SM 08' Kawasaki 250R, 08' M109R LE, 09'C109R/T, 09 Kawasaki KLX250SF, 2014 KTM Duke 690

it makes just about as much sense as them clear coating over the tape pinstripe if you don't have a pinstripe like the one on mine and you saw it you would think that it was some sort of protection plastic that the dealship should have removed after shipment arrival .and it is not a 1 piece type there are spots it overlapes and sits way above the rest of the body work !
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

Yea it's clear coated over. But you might want to try what I did.
    I didn't like the white suzuki sticking out on the back fender. I had just removed my tank badges and the C-109 emblems on the side covers. I layed the side cover emblem over the suzuki sticker on the rear fender and it covered it nicely! The C-109 emblem is black and gold and
    doesn't stick out so much.

S

I took a look at mine and ya'll are right. I'm gonna remove it this week and I'll do a before and after pic. I'll be using a heat gun carefully.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by antmor69 View Post
    On the m109, only the LEs are clear coated over. The regular ones are not. Don't know about the C.
    Yep, and the dumb a$$ that had my bike before me, looks like he used an exacto knife to cut mine off.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    left a rectangular box which is a nuisance, but better than the sticker.

Just bought my bike a used 2008 that had the suzuki sticker still on the rear fender. Not a harley and not ashamed its not but a 10cent sticker on my paint is wrong. took a hair dryer out and my thumbnail and 15min or so later that bugger was off. Don't like the fact that they clear coated over it though. Any more than 3 ft away if you dont know it looks just like a black fender. Put all the warnings on a chain on the handlebar when new, dont plaster gas stickers all over my tank either.