Apple Pie Run - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple Pie Run

Default That is the place.

Ocotillo is totally optional. I was just thinking if the group wanted to continue on from Julian, that is the next place over the pass. I'll get you back to Temecula. I live 20 miles South in Escondido. Yeah head down, you are very welcome. The route we have so far is all-in-all about a half-day ride (Minus Ocotillo). The desert looks just like what you have up there, It's just the 78 East from Julian has some awesome hairpins down the hill. I'll PM you my number so you can get directions in real-time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Other plans may have popped up so it's fair game that I might not be joining you all on this ride. Just not feeling it either. If I don't make it, hope you all enjoy the ride, looks like it could be great.
    2011 Indy Blue M109R - Rainey's REVO 6" Monster Cannon, Custom Ducks Intakes, DLXPRODOX Custom Forward Controls and Pegs, 2" Lowering Bones, Stebel Horn, X-TRE, Kury ISO Grips, 8k HID, Cobra PowerPRO Autotuner, Clear Taillight w/Integrated Turn Signals, Debadged and Debeavered.

Default Slydog

Hey Robert I sent you a pm. I have a possible plan for you Friday.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Looking forward to the Manly strawberry waffles and of course the Apple Pie and Bill, I still have a flat spot on my back tire from trying to avoid the wild turkey (lol). I checked out my clutch cable and it looks good on both ends but still feels a little funky sometimes, hopefully no issues. 10 am at the Swing Inn sounds good for me but I'll be following Bujee1 with the Nav so he'll let me know when we should roll out. Drew it'll me awesome if you can come, havn't seen ya in a while Bro, besides the sound of yours and Bills bikes together is pure motorcycle music . Dont know if I can do Ocotillo tho, Bujee1 & I gotta be home before the street lights come on actually I was pretty wore out after the last ride, Ive got a long way to go to develop the iron butt status that Bill & Mindi have........should be fun y'all

Now Sly's possibly in the mix of folks going ... Might be telling the wife that I have to go this weekend. Fish n Sly, damn man, I've missed both you guys way too much to not show up. Decisions...Decisions ... this also depends on whether or not I can fix my heat shield from Rainey's pipe...apparently 2 of the welds snapped off and the ****ers shaking itself loose. found a local shop to reweld the hooks to screw/tighten the shield onto the pipe...was finishing up with the final banding when it snapped due to being too brittle from the temperature it's been exposed to. I've got to snag another banding and get it back on, it's an easy fix but we'll see if I can get it done by tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by drgncore; 06-22-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    2011 Indy Blue M109R - Rainey's REVO 6" Monster Cannon, Custom Ducks Intakes, DLXPRODOX Custom Forward Controls and Pegs, 2" Lowering Bones, Stebel Horn, X-TRE, Kury ISO Grips, 8k HID, Cobra PowerPRO Autotuner, Clear Taillight w/Integrated Turn Signals, Debadged and Debeavered.

And I'm not going to lie when I say the path of Palomar Mtn looks....daunting...ya I think that's the word I'm looking for. Prior to my accident I had a sliver of confidence on my bike when doing twisty's but ****, since the accident, my confidence hasn't quite recovered and I tend to take things way over cautiously. I've heard about the crotch rocket racing going through Palomar, whipping past you, and I know I'll be a bit of a caboose going up that damn hill. Wondering if it'd be better to meet ya'll at Julian for the Pie then risk going onto something I'm still not quite ready for. ****, I've only been on a motorcycle for what 8 months now. If it's something that everyone thinks is doable by a novice, I'll give it a shot, but the map sure shows some crazy hairpins and 180's. If you think it'd be better to meet at Julian, let me know where in Julian the Pie is at and about what time to expect you all and I'll head that way since it's a short trip up the I-79. The 79 sure looks like it's got some good terrain to ride through and a lake to past so either way it'd be enjoyable. I just don't want to jump into something I can't swim out of.

Path I was planning on taking should I only head up to Julian ... http://goo.gl/maps/8ws2 ... also, I'm hearing great things about Apple Alley Bakery, and a lot of mixed reviews about Mom's Pie House. We have an idea which / where we are heading?
    Last edited by drgncore; 06-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Mrs. Bujee bailed on me. I couldn't tell her that other wives were coming so she'd rather catch up on her gardening. James, let's meet up at the Starbucks at 8:30. Should get us to Temecula by 10:00. If you want the manly waffles we can leave earlier. Text me.

Drew, I haven't been on the 9 for a couple weeks so I'm going to be on the back with you. We'll take it nice and easy and enjoy the scenery. I know where we're going in general Beedub will probably chime in with a preference. To me there is no such thing as bad pie.

Besides, if we leave at 10:00, most of the crotch rockets have gone and are hold up at a coffee shop by then.
    Last edited by Bujee1; 06-22-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    2008 Candy Max Orange,Chrome wheels, Debadged,poorman's debeaver,V-Stream Touring windshield, Corbin Seat, OEM Engine guards,Metz 160/60 front 260/40 rear,Chrome Stebel air horn, 2011 Victory Cross Country, 2003 Yamaha Roadstar, too many mods to list

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

Think I've pretty much talked myself into just heading towards Julian from my house in San Diego. Not only is at my own pace, but it allows the wife about 2 extra hours of sleep. Once I find out which Pie shop ya'll are heading to and when abouts you'll be arriving, I'll head that way.

Default Andrew

Either way it would be good to see you.

Fish

Default Palomar

I've seen you ride Drew, you have the skills necessary for Palomar and you would probably really enjoy yourself. The whole thing about that road is, Take it at your own speed. I'll be leading and believe me, I don't want to replace the heat wrap on my headers for a while so I'm gonna be chill. Our bikes aren't exacly the "Throw Over the Corners" type anyways. This is a chilled out ride. I do Palomar like twice a week after work as an unwind and I have never had an issue with the Crotch Rocket Guys. They wait till you flag them past if anything, we all have to wait for the cars anyways. It would be cool if you came to Temecula and then did Palomar with us if nothing else, it would help you get back to full confidence in your skills. Plus, The waffles at the Swing Inn are the shizit Bro!

Default Back to Orange County

Sly-
    You have a couple options on this one. From Julian you can head back through Ramona and take the 78 west. I can take you guys on this one if you want, it will take us back to the 15 then the 5 in Oceanside. Then it's the 5 North to OC. Or, I can take you up the 15 to Elsinore, take the 74 (Ortega HWY) which bypasses the 5, has lots of twisties and viewpoints, and will put you smack dab in Dana Point. Long Beach is just a hop and a skip up the US HWY 1. Cool scenery, beach towns, but it has stoplights. Your choice. If it were me, I'd take the stoplights over taking the highways to Long Beach. Your call of course, Ill lead you back either way.

I've promised my wife the sleep as she hasn't been having much luck with it lately. So that being said, I'll have to meet you all in Julian. Just give me a heads up as to when KSU in Temecula and where you all are heading. I'll pm my number, but Fish has it in case you all make it to Julian and I'm not visible.

Default Sly

Glad you guys are going to make it. Let me know if you need anything.

fish

Default Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Dog View Post
    We are hitting the road right now to our friends in Anaheim area. Bill, we will discuss the route when we are eating waffles. Drew, we will not be carving any curves so no stress man. Angie might not want to do it, but she will decide Saturday. In the wind...

Sly
    We have a spare bedroom if you guys don't want to head to OC. See how you feel.

Los Alamitos in Orange County, So. Cal "The O C"

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub109R View Post
    I've seen you ride Drew, you have the skills necessary for Palomar and you would probably really enjoy yourself. The whole thing about that road is, Take it at your own speed. I'll be leading and believe me, I don't want to replace the heat wrap on my headers for a while so I'm gonna be chill. Our bikes aren't exacly the "Throw Over the Corners" type anyways. This is a chilled out ride. I do Palomar like twice a week after work as an unwind and I have never had an issue with the Crotch Rocket Guys. They wait till you flag them past if anything, we all have to wait for the cars anyways. It would be cool if you came to Temecula and then did Palomar with us if nothing else, it would help you get back to full confidence in your skills. Plus, The waffles at the Swing Inn are the shizit Bro!
    Do what I did and get a Hayabusa it makes going to Palomar, a trip taking mere minutes. Of course, it distroyed my rear tire. But hey, thats ok.................hee hee hee... PS, Crotch Rocket Guys thats funny. I'm a Cruser guy and a Crotch rocket guy I guess I'm Bilingual, bla ha ha. The best of both worlds. WOOHOO
    08,M109R2[250 Dunnie, PC3, stebel air horn, K&Ns, flame mirrors, debaged, gutted pipes, suzuki engine guards, piaa hyperwhite headlight, back off modulator, gipro atre, front motor mounts, debeavered, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Factory Pro star kit, G-Man shifter bushing, Guardian Bell, Catch can mod....... more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Bujee1 View Post
    Mrs. Bujee bailed on me. I couldn't tell her that other wives were coming so she'd rather catch up on her gardening. James, let's meet up at the Starbucks at 8:30. Should get us to Temecula by 10:00. If you want the manly waffles we can leave earlier. Text me.

Drew, I haven't been on the 9 for a couple weeks so I'm going to be on the back with you. We'll take it nice and easy and enjoy the scenery. I know where we're going in general Beedub will probably chime in with a preference. To me there is no such thing as bad pie.

Besides, if we leave at 10:00, most of the crotch rockets have gone and are hold up at a coffee shop by then.
    OK Charles see you at Starbucks at 8:30,the wifey said she'll make me some waffles at 8 cause she aint letting me ride all the way to Temecula without eating breakfast first

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboy109 View Post
    Do what I did and get a Hayabusa it makes going to Palomar, a trip taking mere minutes. Of course, it distroyed my rear tire. But hey, thats ok.................hee hee hee... PS, Crotch Rocket Guys thats funny. I'm a Cruser guy and a Crotch rocket guy I guess I'm Bilingual, bla ha ha. The best of both worlds. WOOHOO
    So Rick, since it sounds like you need a new rear tire are you going to give the busa a break and join us for a nice ride on your 9 ??

Los Alamitos in Orange County, So. Cal "The O C"

Actually already riding on the new tire, however can't make it, work at the park is insane with the new Cars Land just opened......Lots of hidden plumbing blunders left by the Contractors, that are now finally showing its ugly face. God I want to go........started at 11.00pm Friday nite and getting off at 4.00pm Saturday. Although rode the 9 to work just thinking of you guys. Ride safe and get plenty of pictures.
    Last edited by rudeboy109; 06-23-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    08,M109R2[250 Dunnie, PC3, stebel air horn, K&Ns, flame mirrors, debaged, gutted pipes, suzuki engine guards, piaa hyperwhite headlight, back off modulator, gipro atre, front motor mounts, debeavered, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Factory Pro star kit, G-Man shifter bushing, Guardian Bell, Catch can mod....... more to come

Default Good Ride

It was a great ride yesterday! Good to meet some new people and explore some new roads for me at least. Looking forward to riding again soon with everyone.

Fish

Default Great ride and roads, Awesome People and PIE

What a fantastic day for a ride, and it was a blast!! Thanks Bill and Mindi for putting this ride together and also for inviting your friends. Please thank Steve again (I hope i got his name right, if not charge it to my head and not to my heart) for buying the pizza. Great to meet some new people and see others that I havn't seen in a while. Loooking forward to the next one. Here are a few pics I took with my dumb phone.

..........and yes that is a picture of that delicious Julian apple pie which was the excuse for this ride

but to be honest, this ride was worth it even if I didnt get one bite of apple pie....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00421.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	70343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00429.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	70344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00427.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	70345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00430.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	70346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00431.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	70347  

watermarked photos - only saw the 3 of us on that site. Beedub, myself, and Slydog

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beedub.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	70356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drewpalomar.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	70357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slydog.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	70358

Quote Originally Posted by drgncore View Post
    watermarked photos - only saw the 3 of us on that site. Beedub, myself, and Slydog

Name:	beedub.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	70356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drewpalomar.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	70357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slydog.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	70358
    In that pic of you Drew is Gene on his Harley and then me following him. I remember seeing the guy taking the pictures.

Default I'd just like to say:

Thanks to everyone that came and made this a great ride. Mindi and I are fortunate to have such great people to tour the area with. A special thanks to Sly and Fixxer for making the long trek down from Vegas! Fish and Drew- I hope that you didn't get in too much trouble for playing hookie on the babysitting to ride with us- We all enjoyed having you with there. Drew rode Palomar like a stud cornerring like a big dog! Charles and James- Awesome ride as usual, we ride together so much I may need to get us some SoCal 109 T-Shirts made! What a beautiful day and good company to ride with! Let's do it again soon.

Name:	DSC00427.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	70603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00425.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	70604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00424.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	70605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00429.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	70606

Default Thank you Bill!!

It was a great day.

So when is the next one?? Good to meet some new people and reconnect with others.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrocks17 View Post
    It was a great day. So when is the next one?? Good to meet some new people and reconnect with others.
    Let's cruise the Ortega hwy to Dana point for lunch. Bill, what do you recommend?
    2008 Candy Max Orange,Chrome wheels, Debadged,poorman's debeaver,V-Stream Touring windshield, Corbin Seat, OEM Engine guards,Metz 160/60 front 260/40 rear,Chrome Stebel air horn, 2011 Victory Cross Country, 2003 Yamaha Roadstar, too many mods to list

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

Default The Beach

That sounds awesome always up for that ride.

fish