Laughlin Run April 25 - 29, 2012

Thread: Laughlin Run April 25 - 29, 2012

Default Laughlin Run April 25 - 29, 2012

I just wanted to get an idea of who all was planning on doing the river run this year ? http://www.laughlinriverrun.com/ I was planning on taking a couple of vacation days off for it this year but dont really want to ride down there alone. I was thinking if we had a couple people that were going we could coordinate it and all ride down together and maybe book a couple rooms at the same place. What ya think ?
    De-Badged, Smoke LED Taillight, De-Beavered, Big Air Mod, TRE, Targa Aluminum License Plate bracket, HardKrome 2in1 Sideburner Exhaust, Cobra PowerPro, Gen3 Nightrider, Fullcut Gel seat, 2"lowering bones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

If I was closer I would join you in a heart beat........ f%^&*()_+ing rain up here anyway, argggggggggggggg

I will say watch your Speed BIG TIME.... and don't go around blasting your Pipes/Stereo or Horns or you will wind up with a ticket pdq at Laughlin!

If you hit Laughlin I HIGHLY suggest taking a few extra hours and go hit Old Route 66 up to Oatman and over to Kingman AZ while in the area!
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My wife and I are going...we usually stay at Avi. We have not made solid plans other than I know we'll be there:either a day ride down and back or an over-nighter. It would be great to meet up down there for some drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Dog View Post
    RUSS:

FiXXeR and I are planning on going but just for the day on Saturday. We usually leave home by 7am and putt around both sides of the river. We usually do not leave our bikes unattended very far away from us due to the riff raff that show up. Eat lunch, chill, cruise around a little bit more then head out around 4pm so as to be home before dark.

Yes, we are boring... but the vendors and activities are more HD based and not very interesting for us to be honest. Just parking somewhere and sitting in the shade on the NV side watching the people/bikes is more fun.

Still tinkering with the wifes bike but nothing too crazy, we will be ready if you want to head down with us. 70 miles one way is all, but there will be 100 cops, marked/unmarked, and undercover/bait tactics so be aware.

Sly
    Being as I have never been down there before and am not a really "hardcore biker dude" I was trying to get and idea of what its like and what to do. Honestly i dont think I could keep myself entertained for 4 days down there and the idea of just heading down for 1 day sounds like a better way to go for now and if I feel like it next year then plan a longer stay. My bike isnt exactly "show" quality so I dont see the need to enter it in the competition. So for now I will tentatively plan on heading down with you 2.
    De-Badged, Smoke LED Taillight, De-Beavered, Big Air Mod, TRE, Targa Aluminum License Plate bracket, HardKrome 2in1 Sideburner Exhaust, Cobra PowerPro, Gen3 Nightrider, Fullcut Gel seat, 2"lowering bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Dog View Post
    As of now we are planning on meeting Saturday at 8:00am or so with a few other friends near our house at a Starbucks at Horizon and College in Henderson (99% sure thats the meeting point). They roll around 80MPH usually but there will be a ton of cops out so we will probably be running around 70MPH for the 70 miles to Laughlin. Not planning on sticking together as a group at all when we get down there since they tend to park and walk the vendors areas for HD garb(age) Maybe a group ride back to town though.

Like I said before, FiXXeR and I are going to cruise around/people/bike watch until noon. Grab some lunch on the Arizona side. Find some shade on the Nevada side and sit around watching the fun and maybe hit a few vendors if we can find a secure parking area. Head back home around 4pm. Make sure you have your registration, insurance, and drivers license because you could get pulled over at any time. One of the big reasons is Arizona is a no-helmet state and when you cross the bridge over the Colorado river onto the Nevada side they are lined up ready to ticket the forgetful AZ riders.

I will text ya more info next week when I confirm the plans with the group.

Sly
    Sounds good....I took the day off from work so I am good to go for saturday.

Very Active Member fire fighter 109's Avatar

Me and J-rider will be there. staying at the river palms. plan on meeting up with Sly and Fixxer on Saturday, would love to see a few other 9s

Very Active Member fire fighter 109's Avatar

We are also heading to Vegas on Friday for lunch and pix.

My wife and I are going. Staying at the Aquarius. Would be nice to meet up with some 9'rs and ride to Oatman... All these poker runs and here and I never see another 9. It would be nice to see if they exist.

Default Let me see if the Wife wants to head up.

It's our aniversary on the 27th and apart fron the new ring I got her, we don't really have plans. I'll see what she thinks about the idea.

Have a friend from work with a Harley that is planning on riding down with us sat morning. I told him to meet us at the Starbucks between 7:30 and 8. More the merrier