Handlebar Risers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 77

Thread: Handlebar Risers

  1. #1
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Handlebar Risers

    What is the size of the stock bolt that is used with the stock risers?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member ELI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NORTH DAKOTA
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    What is the size of the stock bolt that is used with the stock risers?
    I know stock is metric 10mm?I got the gman units, came with longer bolts, the stockers were a bitch to get out!!!

  4. #3
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post
    I know stock is metric 10mm?I got the gman units, came with longer bolts, the stockers were a bitch to get out!!!
    Thanks. Yea, I've got the gman units too. I didn't have a bit of trouble getting my stock ones out. I'm thinking about getting some longer ones, maybe 2-4 inch ones. I'm not sure yet.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member ELI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NORTH DAKOTA
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Let us know how that works,I have short arms,amazing what an extra couple of inches will do,my wife agrees!

  7. #5
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post
    Let us know how that works,I have short arms,amazing what an extra couple of inches will do,my wife agrees!
    That's what she said...........
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  8. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    92

    Default risers

    I put the g-man extenders on as soon as I could.
    I don't know what the Suzuki assembler was thinking with all the loc tite on those bolt! It would have been easier to get them off if they would have just spot welded them!
    But hey ... I've got two more inches now.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I put the g-man extenders on as soon as I could.
    I don't know what the Suzuki assembler was thinking with all the loc tite on those bolt! It would have been easier to get them off if they would have just spot welded them!
    But hey ... I've got two more inches now.
    GMan's website says that their risers move the bars 1.5 inches, but I need at least another inch to be really comfortable. I can ride about 2-3hrs before I need to stop for a back and leg break.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  10. #8
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post
    Let us know how that works,I have short arms,amazing what an extra couple of inches will do,my wife agrees!
    It will be after income tax time before I can afford to get a set.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Bossmav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    623

    Default HD risers

    This is a older post of mine, I had these riser from a C50 project that never got off the ground. They will work on the C109 and will fit our standard 1 inch bar with no problems, the good is, it's sets the bars as far back as you can go with the "C" the bad is its VERY close to the tank with the bars turned all the way to the right, no problems with the bars going left. Mine have never hit and my bike handles just as good as it did with the OEM risers.

    Hope this helps

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...ghlight=risers
    On the C109 (current work in process)
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

  12. #10
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmav View Post
    This is a older post of mine, I had these riser from a C50 project that never got off the ground. They will work on the C109 and will fit our standard 1 inch bar with no problems, the good is, it's sets the bars as far back as you can go with the "C" the bad is its VERY close to the tank with the bars turned all the way to the right, no problems with the bars going left. Mine have never hit and my bike handles just as good as it did with the OEM risers.

    Hope this helps

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...ghlight=risers
    Your's look like the 6" risers. I'm gonna go with 3" or 4" at the most. The GMan ones are approx. 1 1/2". If the 3" or 4" are to long, I can always re-install the GMan ones.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member Bossmav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Mine are the 6 inch risers, you are correct! I have the bars almost in my lap so I sit completely straight up when riding and I'm 5'8
    The C109 is a big bike but once you start to learn it it's a great bike to ride. I couldn't see me ever going back to my C50 or M95.
    On the C109 (current work in process)
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmav View Post
    Mine are the 6 inch risers, you are correct! I have the bars almost in my lap so I sit completely straight up when riding and I'm 5'8
    The C109 is a big bike but once you start to learn it it's a great bike to ride. I couldn't see me ever going back to my C50 or M95.
    I'm 6', so I only need about another inch or so. 6 inch risers would be to much for me.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  15. #13
    Very Active Member Lemiarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    GMan's website says that their risers move the bars 1.5 inches, but I need at least another inch to be really comfortable. I can ride about 2-3hrs before I need to stop for a back and leg break.
    Don't you have to stop every 2-3hrs to get gas anyway?

    I mean, at 60Mph (who drives 60? I know I don't!), 3 hours would 180 miles, if you can get that far without being on empty! At the speeds I usually ride, it's closer to 2 hours per fillup than 3, by a long shot.
    '08 C109RT Black and Silver, Show Chrome heated grips, National Cycle hand deflectors, Speedo Visor, Nautilus Air horn, GMan TRE, GBushing, GMan Riser Extender, Corbin heated touring saddle, Cobra Fatty highway bars, Kuryaken highway pegs, Sage Brush engine guard chaps, more mods to come with $$

  16. #14
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemiarty View Post
    Don't you have to stop every 2-3hrs to get gas anyway?

    I mean, at 60Mph (who drives 60? I know I don't!), 3 hours would 180 miles, if you can get that far without being on empty! At the speeds I usually ride, it's closer to 2 hours per fillup than 3, by a long shot.
    True, but when I stop for gas I usually don't get off the bike, I just pay at the pump. I don't get off and stretch my back, arms and legs. Besides, if my bars were just a little farther back, I would be more comfortable in those 2-3hrs. I don't think my bike will go as slow as 60mph.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  17. #15
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    True, but when I stop for gas I usually don't get off the bike, I just pay at the pump. I don't get off and stretch my back, arms and legs. Besides, if my bars were just a little farther back, I would be more comfortable in those 2-3hrs. I don't think my bike will go as slow as 60mph.
    Be prepared to pay for extending the brake lines and throttle cables and more if you go longer than what I have.
    Something to think about.
    This is why imade them as long/short as I did.
    The added expense for those front brake lines made me think longer wouldn't be as desirable to many.
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  18. #16
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Be prepared to pay for extending the brake lines and throttle cables and more if you go longer than what I have.
    Something to think about.
    This is why imade them as long/short as I did.
    The added expense for those front brake lines made me think longer wouldn't be as desirable to many.
    U don't think that I could go an extra inch GMan without having to extend all the cables? If I have to extend my cables then I'll stay where
    I'm at. I'll b glad when I can get some 1 1/2" Cobra fatties engine guards. The 1 1/4" Suzuki engine guards have to much flex in them when I put my feet
    on my highway pegs.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  19. #17
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    U don't think that I could go an extra inch GMan without having to extend all the cables? If I have to extend my cables then I'll stay where
    I'm at. I'll b glad when I can get some 1 1/2" Cobra fatties engine guards. The 1 1/4" Suzuki engine guards have to much flex in them when I put my feet
    on my highway pegs.
    When I designed the Handle Bar Extenders for the C109R I literally removed the lower two attachment bolts form the stock risers and lifted the bars as high as I could egt them without rerouting or chaning the hoses & wires. Then designed the Riser Extenders that I did.

    Anything higher, further back, on the handlebars would cause your dual front brake hoses which are interlinked with your rear brakes to need to be extended. I had considered designing some braided brake hoses and also considered simplifying the the system by making the fronts stand alone from the rear, but the interlock system has saved my hide more than once and if you apply the rear brake slowly it won't activate the front brakes enough to affect slow speed parking lot maneuvers where you drag the rear brake, slip the clutch and slightly over throttle the bike (grey zone)(friction zone) etc!
    So I will leave the brakes well enough alone.

    Be cautious on any hiway bars on the C109R. Check for lean angle clearance!!!! I would hate to have them touch down as that will wash out the front tire quickly and without warning. Could cause a bit of a head ache if you get my drift!?!?!?!?
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  20. #18
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    When I designed the Handle Bar Extenders for the C109R I literally removed the lower two attachment bolts form the stock risers and lifted the bars as high as I could egt them without rerouting or chaning the hoses & wires. Then designed the Riser Extenders that I did.

    Anything higher, further back, on the handlebars would cause your dual front brake hoses which are interlinked with your rear brakes to need to be extended. I had considered designing some braided brake hoses and also considered simplifying the the system by making the fronts stand alone from the rear, but the interlock system has saved my hide more than once and if you apply the rear brake slowly it won't activate the front brakes enough to affect slow speed parking lot maneuvers where you drag the rear brake, slip the clutch and slightly over throttle the bike (grey zone)(friction zone) etc!
    So I will leave the brakes well enough alone.

    Be cautious on any hiway bars on the C109R. Check for lean angle clearance!!!! I would hate to have them touch down as that will wash out the front tire quickly and without warning. Could cause a bit of a head ache if you get my drift!?!?!?!?
    No, I don't want to mess with my brakes either. It's a good system. I'll stay with the GMan risers. I think I'll be Ok with the Cobra Fatty Highway bars. They don't stick out past the floorboard on the bottom. The main thing is that they appear to be sturdier, because when the ones I have flex it moves the highway peg farther away making me have to stretch my legs farther. Uncomfortable. Also, there aren't any roads around here where I would have to lean my bike over that far unless I was going well beyond the speed limit.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  21. #19
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Also, there aren't any roads around here where I would have to lean my bike over that far unless I was going well beyond the speed limit.
    That's simple.... all you need to do is ignore that stop sign on any intersection that has a 90 degree corner, hit the throttle and hold on really, really tight.

    Them thar Draggers will tell ya iffen ya hit that throttle hard enough or whether ya need to work on your right wrist action a bit more!!!!!
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  22. #20
    Very Active Member Lemiarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    215

    Default

    I've drug the pegs on the floor boards doing 20-25mph on a 90, bike was plenty stable in the lean but since it was the first time on this bike, it scare the out of me...now when it happens, I know to lift my foot a little and let it drag

    I'm sad to say, I've had my bike on it's side 3 times, no damage except some scratches on one mirror, but 2 out of the 3 resulted in the floor board being jammed up good and tight. The Cobra Fatties look as though they will still alow the boards to push up a little, but not go so far as to jam. Plus, I think the bike would be easier to pickup from the height rather than off the floor board support.

    Ordering mine (along with some GMan goodies) once the divorce is worked out and I have full control over my bank account.
    '08 C109RT Black and Silver, Show Chrome heated grips, National Cycle hand deflectors, Speedo Visor, Nautilus Air horn, GMan TRE, GBushing, GMan Riser Extender, Corbin heated touring saddle, Cobra Fatty highway bars, Kuryaken highway pegs, Sage Brush engine guard chaps, more mods to come with $$

  23. #21
    Very Active Member RadGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Yucaipa, CA
    Posts
    184

    Default 8" pull backs

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Thanks. Yea, I've got the gman units too. I didn't have a bit of trouble getting my stock ones out. I'm thinking about getting some longer ones, maybe 2-4 inch ones. I'm not sure yet.


    I'm running with 8" pullbacks. I had to reroute my controls but they work fine and I love the position of my bars.






    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5risers.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	60995  
    Last edited by RadGen; 01-25-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    Suzuki windsheild, Cobra Fatty Bars, Suzuki LightBar, 8" Risers, Tank Bra, EMGO® "Big One" mirrors, Hard Chrome Big 3" Straights, Tsukayu hard bags, Russell Cycle Products Custom Saddle, Custom world rack and backrest, G-bushing, Bully FIC and TRE, Sage Brush Designs engine guard chaps. Metzler 880 tires

  24. #22
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadGen View Post


    I'm running with 8" pullbacks. I had to reroute my controls but the work fine and i love the position of my bars.






    Then I should be able to run 3" ones with no problems. Which ones would I need, the ones with the M10 thread or the M12 thread?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  25. #23
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Has anybody ever tried risers like these?

    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ro.../ROX-4R-P3CC02
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  26. #24
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    How are those 8" risers working for you>
    I had 4" risers on a few years ago and promptly removed them as they didn;t have enough surface area contact tot he top of the triple tree and I was getting major front end instability above 115mph t where I could move the handle bars and the front tire wouldn't move. Curious if you have experienced any of that?

    Quote Originally Posted by RadGen View Post


    I'm running with 8" pullbacks. I had to reroute my controls but the work fine and i love the position of my bars.






    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  27. #25
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    8 inch would be way more than I need. I only need about another inch to 1 1/2 inch for a total of 3 inches.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  28. #26
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Actually I need mine to just come back about an inch or so. I don't want them just to go straight up.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  29. #27
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    8 inch would be way more than I need. I only need about another inch to 1 1/2 inch for a total of 3 inches.
    Then you need the Handle Bar Riser Extenders I have been making for several years. Adds almost 2" and retains the stock risers and bars and no wiring or brake hose mods needed.
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  30. #28
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Then you need the Handle Bar Riser Extenders I have been making for several years. Adds almost 2" and retains the stock risers and bars and no wiring or brake hose mods needed.
    Hey Gary,

    I already have your risers, but they just don't bring my bars back quite enough. I need about another inch or so.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

  31. #29
    Very Active Member GMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Hey Gary,

    I already have your risers, but they just don't bring my bars back quite enough. I need about another inch or so.
    Sorry they weren't enough. I based them on not havign to change the throttle cables or brake lines.

    Been thinking about a larger version.
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

  32. #30
    Very Active Member silveradols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wewahitchka, FL
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Sorry they weren't enough. I based them on not havign to change the throttle cables or brake lines.

    Been thinking about a larger version.
    You don't have anything to apologize for Gary. They would probably be perfect, if I didn't have this metal plate in my neck, but
    with that plate I need just an inch or so more.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •