Custom Camshafts for all 109's and 90's

Thread: Custom Camshafts for all 109's and 90's

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

Default Custom Camshafts for all 109's and 90's

Thought you guys might like to see what a race cam looks like. The Left one is Stock that was hard face welded and then was ground to a Hayabusa Spec. The Exhaust is a Stocker for comparison. I will be getting bigger cams for Zonker from WEB Cams to go with the 12 to 1 compression and the Nitrous. I will pick the grinds once I know how much I was able to get extra out of the head flow. I know I will be loosing some bottom end but above 4000 it should be insane. To all you wild men out there they can do C and M90 cams also.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cams.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	58168  
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Sounds like a job

Good luck bro.
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.

"The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

Would a stock engine with air cleaners,pipes,and fuel management benefit from a different cam profile? If i remember correct, at one time, there were a couple guys doing cams for the M109. One said their cams would make the bike pull like no other and the other said that a stock engine would see minimal gains.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

The cams that are in these seem pretty mild. I would think that a bit more on the intake would help as the motor is intake restricted. But it would be a minimal increase. Kennys motor had new cams and raised compression along with porting and bigger intake valves. It made about 25 more RWHP than one with just pipe and intakes.
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker View Post
    Thought you guys might like to see what a race cam looks like. The Left one is Stock that was hard face welded and then was ground to a Hayabusa Spec. The Exhaust is a Stocker for comparison. I will be getting bigger cams for Zonker from WEB Cams to go with the 12 to 1 compression and the Nitrous. I will pick the grinds once I know how much I was able to get extra out of the head flow. I know I will be loosing some bottom end but above 4000 it should be insane. To all you wild men out there they can do C and M90 cams also.
    Bob
    Any updates on this?