M109 Rider Forums banner

Houses

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Latinrascal 
#1 ·
What's up with connecticut?I see 4 bedroom houses on tv going for 30 k

Is it a slum place ??

#2 ·
Its called a mega housing bubble burst!!!! I read in Chitcago, one can buy a home for $10,000

#3 ·
Hell homes in the detroit area can be bought for $1000 some even less. Houses that sold for $500,000 a few years ago are being sold for as little as $150,000 and even at that price having a hard time moving them. These homes are not in the slums. There is a large group of investor that came from OZ and were buying up large amounts of properties site unseen at auctions. If you have the extra cash there is a fortune to be made.

#5 ·
There are states that are bull dozing houses down and leaving nothing but fields. The people left them and the banks also.

I can't believe their doing that. There are lots of homeless people out there that could use a home.

Its a chance to do good but its not going to take that path.

You start out being :verymad: then as you think of all the crap going on here in our own country and you do this :barf:

#7 ·
Check the prices in my neck of the woods my neighbors house just sold for $860K and the houses sold new in 1960 for $17K and across the Blvd they sell for over a million to 4.5 million. And 4 miles away, Ocean Front propertys well.... oye.

#8 ·
Here in certain areas we have alot of squatting going on. I think there is a law or something on the books known as squatters rights where anybody takes over an abandoned home and if they are there for a certain amount of time unopposed and show an effort to improve the property, i.e. cut the lawn, sweep the walk way, clean the house, they are now considered the resident owners and will have to be evicted through the courts which the true owner has a hard time doing especially since they let it go for so long! Don't know exactly how this works but I know it happens. There was just a report on the news where a women and her kids were burned out of the rented flat they were living in when the squatters living upstairs intentionally started a fire after getting into a domestic squabble. She had called the home owner and police several times but they could not remove them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.