Forcewinder and Spike styled intake on the cheap - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forcewinder and Spike styled intake on the cheap

Thats cool
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by k109 View Post
    Thats cool
    Thanks man!
    [SIGP

Lol, creative idea?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Ebay

I found some on Ebay for like 150.00 do you have to do any tuning to the bike after this install also how does it do in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by sciondj View Post
    I found some on Ebay for like 150.00 do you have to do any tuning to the bike after this install also how does it do in the rain
    Yes you will need some type of fuel management. I've had mine in the rain with no issues ever. Easy mod for a small amount of $$ that looks great

Any ideas on Fuel Management

Quote Originally Posted by nnjrunner View Post
    Yes you will need some type of fuel management. I've had mine in the rain with no issues ever. Easy mod for a small amount of $$ that looks great

I run cobra power pro. Its pricey but works well with no further adjustments. Literally plug and play

Buy the rain covers that I posted and leave them on bike if it rains put them on.you only need fuel management if you do both air and exhaust if you only do one you don't need anything
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

​​

Default fit

Does anyone know if the forcewinder intake will work with Suzuki engine guards?

Quote Originally Posted by jim finney View Post
    negative to close doesn't look right.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by bulle109 View Post
    Thanks man!
    Very tuff lookin mate ,should be proud of yourself,good job

Enter the beast for it has taken thee to its den and shared its power !!!!!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim finney View Post
    Well I have Suzuki engine guards and I have ordered the forcewinder kit and will make it fit.The guards can be spaced out a bit if need be or I will modify the kit,maybe with a shorter filter on the right side,which is the only side with an issue.wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ta-kid View Post
    Well I have Suzuki engine guards and I have ordered the forcewinder kit and will make it fit.The guards can be spaced out a bit if need be or I will modify the kit,maybe with a shorter filter on the right side,which is the only side with an issue.wish me luck.

Please post a pic when you figure it out...
    ​​

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrg View Post
    Please post a pic when you figure it out...
    After seeing some filter replacement links in this thread and having been to the K&N site,I should be able to source a shorter red cone style filter.I have been told it's apprx 9 inches from center of air tube intake to end of cone filter which is about 2 inches too long.But if I can space the kit out slightly or the crash bar out instead depending on what needs to be done,or turn the cone filter vertical instead of horizontal on the intake tube or whatever,I should be able to figure something out.But I have to get the kit first.I actually ordered right from the source and they supposedly had a new batch available at the first of this last week,but I have not received a ship notice yet.

Very Active Member Candypaintdrip's Avatar

After seeing some filter replacement links in this thread and having been to the K&N site,I should be able to source a shorter red cone style filter.I have been told it's apprx 9 inches from center of air tube intake to end of cone filter which is about 2 inches too long.But if I can space the kit out slightly or the crash bar out instead depending on what needs to be done,or turn the cone filter vertical instead of horizontal on the intake tube or whatever,I should be able to figure something out.But I have to get the kit first.I actually ordered right from the source and they supposedly had a new batch available at the first of this last week,but I have not received a ship notice yet.
    Maybe try contacting Bill ( Damguy ) he makes custom plates for these intakes. Mine are centered and would not interfere with crash bars. Just a thought..

Default Air Intakes

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Wow it looks like low and mean sells that same airkit for almost $700
    I see lots of spike intake products but I'm trying to find a basket or cage intake. Do you have a link for those ?

Quote Originally Posted by svss44 View Post
    I see lots of spike intake products but I'm trying to find a basket or cage intake. Do you have a link for those ?

This one? https://www.m109riders.com/howto/holleymod/
    ​​

K&N makes the RC-70040 which is a half inch shorter and the inner flange is 65mm vs 62mm. It may work for you.
    Last edited by Mrg; 08-07-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    ​​

Very Active Member

Well it looks like my Force air kit should be here tomorrow.If I can not get the right side to fit,I will remove the guards to use the air kit for now until I get a shorter rightside filter or mod the guards,as I really like the look with the guards.

Well it looks like my Force air kit should be here tomorrow.If I can not get the right side to fit,I will remove the guards to use the air kit for now until I get a shorter rightside filter or mod the guards,as I really like the look with the guards.
    Did you buy or make a backplate?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Candypaintdrip View Post
    Did you buy or make a backplate?
    No not yet.Want to have a look at its fitment first,but do you have a pic or links to show me this backing plate that moves the right side back for clearance issues.I would think that any plate would require an air channel on the back side to the stock intake for it to be effective.

No not yet.Want to have a look at its fitment first,but do you have a pic or links to show me this backing plate that moves the right side back for clearance issues.I would think that any plate would require an air channel on the back side to the stock intake for it to be effective.
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1800123
    ​​

Very Active Member

Thanks for the Link MRG.I see what he did but cannot see what he used behind the plates to mount them on the bike?I assume by what I can see it was the stock air box cut in half??

Yes stock air box cut in half. Then 4 chrome bolts to attach them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	89693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	89694  

Very Active Member

Ok the Kit came in and the K&N filter the kit comes with is almost 2 inches too long for the right side with Suzuki crash bars in place.So I have temporaily removed the crash bars for now,so I could use the supplied filter.I am going to search the K&N site first for a shorter filter but so far all I have found is round ones ,and would like to get the oval end so it matches.May have to go round end on both sides if I cannot find an oval one.I had a good look at the crash bars and could mount the attachment point at the top farther forward if I was willing to cut a slot in the front radiator shroud for a modified flat extension to go through,which is a thought I had.So for all you with crashbars ,you cannot mount the right side as the force kit comes without lots of modifications to mounting points of crashbars on both sides so there is symmetry from the front view.Still investigating filters that will have to be minimum 1.5 inches shorter to fit the right side with crashbars in stock positions.I really do not want to cut my stock airfilters ,like some of you have done,at this time, but may go that route later.
    Last edited by ta-kid; 08-15-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Additions

Ok the Kit came in and the K&N filter the kit comes with is almost 2 inches too long for the right side with Suzuki crash bars in place.So I have temporaily removed the crash bars for now,so I could use the supplied filter.I am going to search the K&N site first for a shorter filter but so far all I have found is round ones ,and would like to get the oval end so it matches.May have to go round end on both sides if I cannot find an oval one.I had a good look at the crash bars and could mount the attachment point at the top farther forward if I was willing to cut a slot in the front radiator shroud for a modified flat extension to go through,which is a thought I had.
    Even doing all that both intakes won't be even to each other. Isn't that important to u...

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Candypaintdrip View Post
    Even doing all that both intakes won't be even to each other. Isn't that important to u...
    Yes I was thinking the same thing.Would be nice to have the filters even on both sides.

Back plates from Bill ( Damguy) is the way to go. Or make your own. I have his and love them

Very Active Member

I can make my own if I wish.I am also thinking as nice as would be to have the filter offset on bothsides the same,you only see one side at a time anyways and the cleaner I can keep the mount the better.Not saying the plates do not look clean ,just the less clutter(maybe not the right word)the better.