M109 Rider Forums banner

Come on CT people!!

6K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  peregrine 
#1 ·
Let's set up a ride. Anyone interested?

#4 ·
Chuck and I took a nice spin today up to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret.
We could come your way or you could join us for bike night sometime in Springfield on a Thursday.
We could do a Sunday ride. Have breakfast at Marcus Dairy and then head up 7.
Where do you like to go?

#25 ·
Connecticut Ride

Chuck and I took a nice spin today up to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret.

We could come your way or you could join us for bike night sometime in Springfield on a Thursday.
We could do a Sunday ride. Have breakfast at Marcus Dairy and then head up 7.
Where do you like to go?
HI Dave:

I would like to join in. Thursdays in Springfield is great. Things have been crazy at work, so I haven't been out much. I got lucky with the K Ride last weekend. Had a great time.

A ride in Western Mass and Western Connecticut would be a great idea. There's a group of Nine Riders in Eastern New York that might join in.

I was going to put together a ride in Western Connecticut and then have a Clambake in Clinton. But I had a couple of family issues come up and couldn't put it together last fall. I would like to put it together sometime in August if anyone is interested.

By the way, how was the MAM. We had to bow out because of a death in the family. But want to make it next year.

Chuck

#5 ·
Marcus Dairy is done but I would be game in meeting up Its has to be within next 2 weeks. My shift is about to change soon and I will be back to working sundays for a while. I dont always check the Ct forum because no one else even come to view it lol So if you guys set up a ride send me a PM and hopefully I am around

#7 ·
I am on the shore in Old Saybrook. I have only met one guy from the board that is local, Strained. Not too many people seem to get together for a ride. I went to the opening night at Springfield and it was so hot. The ride there and back kinda sucked too.
If you want to come down to CT maybe we can meet up. I think there is a bike night in Hartford on Wednesdays.

#11 ·
I'd be willing to join in. Hartford is a hike at a little over 2 hours one way. Sunday's work for me, except that I'm away the last week of July 21 through 29, and the weekend of August 17, 18. Let me follow this thread and see if something works. That's if a Mass guy is accepted!

#13 ·
I checked out Vanson a few weeks ago. $700 for a leather is up there, but it's damn good quality. I didn't realize the age of the thread, just picked up on it. If anything comes from it and I can join in, you'll hear from me.

#15 ·
i would love to meet some of you guys up at the springfield bike night on thursday, i dont get to check out a lot of 9s, seems like they are rare around here. if anyone sets up a ride, i would be open to that too! PM me if anything becomes of this

#16 ·
I work til 5, that's at least a 2 hour ride one way from me. I dont think thats do-able on a weeknight. Once i get my license I'd feel more comfortable doing that. Sunday is my best day. I work Most Saturdays until noon. I'd be willing to meet at the RI line on a Sunday morning and do a ride from there.

#17 ·
Bike night does not usually kick off until at least 7pm. I usually show up at 8-9pm, catch the band and hit the bar.
Last time I was there it was a little too hot for me so I am good with not going for a while.

I am heading to Newport this Saturday. I am leaving from Mystic at 11am if anyone is interested. The girls will be on the bikes so it will be a normal slow ride.

#18 ·
I'm going for the license in mid August. Supposed to have it already, but got bumped last weekend by a rained out fireworks show...I was bummed.

I can meet up this Saturday. I work until noon, and probably can be there close to the same time you are. If you're coming over the Newport Bridge, we can meet at Newport Grand parking lot. Maybe Ian (Sumo) can meet up too...Kenny ( k109 ) came down last time. I'll pm them and see if we can get a little group. Let me know if this works for you before I do that.

#21 ·
I usually hit Newport anyway. It's a regular cruise for me. I'll go down and see what's up...if we don't hook up, we'll do it another time. I'll pm Ian and Kenny, Ian has new pipes, gives us a chance to check them out.

#22 ·
Well let's definitely hook up in Newport then. Call me Saturday or text me. 860-921-7701 Dave.
I know we will be eating there so we can shoot the chit. If we ride out besides home we can go together.
I have HK's 2-1 and I shortened it 6". You can hear how loud that is!

#24 ·
Ok Dave, it'll be at least me..I have your # and let you know what I hear from the others. mine is 508-353-7748 Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.