Thread: Come on CT people!!

Very Active Member

Default Come on CT people!!

Let's set up a ride. Anyone interested?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Does anyone ride in CT or is it that noone checks this forum?

Where do you want to go and when?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Chuck and I took a nice spin today up to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret.
    We could come your way or you could join us for bike night sometime in Springfield on a Thursday.
    We could do a Sunday ride. Have breakfast at Marcus Dairy and then head up 7.
    Where do you like to go?

Marcus Dairy is done but I would be game in meeting up Its has to be within next 2 weeks. My shift is about to change soon and I will be back to working sundays for a while. I dont always check the Ct forum because no one else even come to view it lol So if you guys set up a ride send me a PM and hopefully I am around

i ride in ct. where you guys located? i live 5 min away from springfield bike night, ive always wanted to meet up with some other 9s

Very Active Member

I am on the shore in Old Saybrook. I have only met one guy from the board that is local, Strained. Not too many people seem to get together for a ride. I went to the opening night at Springfield and it was so hot. The ride there and back kinda sucked too.
    If you want to come down to CT maybe we can meet up. I think there is a bike night in Hartford on Wednesdays.

Very Active Member

There is also the Berlin turnpike with the car shows on Friday and Saturdays that we could meet up at.

I am driving to NC this weekend to pickup my M109. Maybe another ride, let me know. Thanks

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by my m109 View Post
    I am driving to NC this weekend to pickup my M109. Maybe another ride, let me know. Thanks
    There is a show every weekend in Berlin at night all summer long and the same with bike nights. So next week it will be there.
    We can always do a weekend day ride as well.

I'd be willing to join in. Hartford is a hike at a little over 2 hours one way. Sunday's work for me, except that I'm away the last week of July 21 through 29, and the weekend of August 17, 18. Let me follow this thread and see if something works. That's if a Mass guy is accepted!

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Very Active Member

I never cared where anyone came from. This is an old thread I started when I bought the nine.
    We can ride the RI/CT border too. That would be closer to Fall river. I have a nice Vanson I bought last time I was down there.

I checked out Vanson a few weeks ago. $700 for a leather is up there, but it's damn good quality. I didn't realize the age of the thread, just picked up on it. If anything comes from it and I can join in, you'll hear from me.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Very Active Member

Matthew109 picked up the thread again. Sounds like we could have a few people.

What days are best for all you guys. I am open to anything.

i would love to meet some of you guys up at the springfield bike night on thursday, i dont get to check out a lot of 9s, seems like they are rare around here. if anyone sets up a ride, i would be open to that too! PM me if anything becomes of this

I work til 5, that's at least a 2 hour ride one way from me. I dont think thats do-able on a weeknight. Once i get my license I'd feel more comfortable doing that. Sunday is my best day. I work Most Saturdays until noon. I'd be willing to meet at the RI line on a Sunday morning and do a ride from there.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    I work til 5, that's at least a 2 hour ride one way from me. I dont think thats do-able on a weeknight. Once i get my license I'd feel more comfortable doing that. Sunday is my best day. I work Most Saturdays until noon. I'd be willing to meet at the RI line on a Sunday morning and do a ride from there.
    Bike night does not usually kick off until at least 7pm. I usually show up at 8-9pm, catch the band and hit the bar.
    Last time I was there it was a little too hot for me so I am good with not going for a while.

I am heading to Newport this Saturday. I am leaving from Mystic at 11am if anyone is interested. The girls will be on the bikes so it will be a normal slow ride.

I'm going for the license in mid August. Supposed to have it already, but got bumped last weekend by a rained out fireworks show...I was bummed.

I can meet up this Saturday. I work until noon, and probably can be there close to the same time you are. If you're coming over the Newport Bridge, we can meet at Newport Grand parking lot. Maybe Ian (Sumo) can meet up too...Kenny ( k109 ) came down last time. I'll pm them and see if we can get a little group. Let me know if this works for you before I do that.

I forgot Mathew....I hope they catch this thread.

Very Active Member

It isn't my ride. My brothers. I don't know how they are getting there. I also don't know how much riding will be done either. What are your thoughts? Is it worth it to come out?

I usually hit Newport anyway. It's a regular cruise for me. I'll go down and see what's up...if we don't hook up, we'll do it another time. I'll pm Ian and Kenny, Ian has new pipes, gives us a chance to check them out.

Very Active Member

Well let's definitely hook up in Newport then. Call me Saturday or text me. 860-921-7701 Dave.
    I know we will be eating there so we can shoot the chit. If we ride out besides home we can go together.
    I have HK's 2-1 and I shortened it 6". You can hear how loud that is!

pm sent to Kenny and Ian...hope Mathew can come down too.

Ok Dave, it'll be at least me..I have your # and let you know what I hear from the others. mine is 508-353-7748 Wayne

Default Connecticut Ride

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Chuck and I took a nice spin today up to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret.

We could come your way or you could join us for bike night sometime in Springfield on a Thursday.
    We could do a Sunday ride. Have breakfast at Marcus Dairy and then head up 7.
    Where do you like to go?

HI Dave:

I would like to join in. Thursdays in Springfield is great. Things have been crazy at work, so I haven't been out much. I got lucky with the K Ride last weekend. Had a great time.

A ride in Western Mass and Western Connecticut would be a great idea. There's a group of Nine Riders in Eastern New York that might join in.

I was going to put together a ride in Western Connecticut and then have a Clambake in Clinton. But I had a couple of family issues come up and couldn't put it together last fall. I would like to put it together sometime in August if anyone is interested.

By the way, how was the MAM. We had to bow out because of a death in the family. But want to make it next year.

Chuck
    Some rides are sweeter than others, but a 9's not bad.

The M109 Recon was a success. I prefer riding in CT because of the helmet laws :-)

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strained View Post
    HI Dave:

I would like to join in. Thursdays in Springfield is great. Things have been crazy at work, so I haven't been out much. I got lucky with the K Ride last weekend. Had a great time.

A ride in Western Mass and Western Connecticut would be a great idea. There's a group of Nine Riders in Eastern New York that might join in.

I was going to put together a ride in Western Connecticut and then have a Clambake in Clinton. But I had a couple of family issues come up and couldn't put it together last fall. I would like to put it together sometime in August if anyone is interested.

By the way, how was the MAM. We had to bow out because of a death in the family. But want to make it next year.

Chuck
    Sorry for the late reply, but I was not notified of your response.

MAM was awesome. Had a great time. I made friends with LostRider and we both met up with BigPapaM109 last weekend in LI and had lunch with them.
    I am looking forward to the ride on the 12th for a New England ride.
    I have not been too interested in Springfield since it is over an hour just to sit at a spot and drink beer. Not much riding there.
    I am in for whatever ride you can put together. I missed the K ride because I was coming off MAM and was a little broke and didn't want to do 4 hours up ride 10 hours and 4 hours back. Plus the wife wanted me to join in her plans. It would have been more attractive if I could have stayed up there for cheap.

I am sorry to hear about the family issues.

Keep in touch. If you need me quicker than the board call or text me at 860-921-7701.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by my m109 View Post
    The M109 Recon was a success. I prefer riding in CT because of the helmet laws :-)
    So I assume your are in for the 8/12 ride out of Auburn MA?