Different Exhaust

Thread: Different Exhaust

Default Different Exhaust

I currently have the 2 into 1 Velocity Pro Lites exhaust. I've been thinking about changing it to a 2 into 2 exhaust. What's the best 2 into 2 exhaust for my C109RT?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    I currently have the 2 into 1 Velocity Pro Lites exhaust. I've been thinking about changing it to a 2 into 2 exhaust. What's the best 2 into 2 exhaust for my C109RT?
    I still have the oem ones on,watya gonna do with the VPs? I thought they were regarded better than the side burner. A guy from Canada was selling the Hardkrome 2-2 classics in black with a power boost , which must be a balance tube, he was selling for 200 to the door but has since increased the price. I think they are too short and not big on black pipes, even tho lots of people love it.I see you have stock intakes, I recently have been fiddling with different intakes, and can not believe how restrictive the oem filters are, not to mention the behemoth size of the stockers.I settled on the Holley mod with an 3/8 foam in place of oem to keep the intake noise down, getting more cool air really picked up the top end. Iposted the mod on youtube under c109 intakes. PHIL

Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post
    I still have the oem ones on,watya gonna do with the VPs? I thought they were regarded better than the side burner. A guy from Canada was selling the Hardkrome 2-2 classics in black with a power boost , which must be a balance tube, he was selling for 200 to the door but has since increased the price. I think they are too short and not big on black pipes, even tho lots of people love it.I see you have stock intakes, I recently have been fiddling with different intakes, and can not believe how restrictive the oem filters are, not to mention the behemoth size of the stockers.I settled on the Holley mod with an 3/8 foam in place of oem to keep the intake noise down, getting more cool air really picked up the top end. Iposted the mod on youtube under c109 intakes. PHIL
    I'll probably keep my VPs. No, I don't want any black exhaust. I'm still trying
    to decide what to do with my intakes. Where did you get the Holley intakes?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

You can get these intakes at any parts store, Auto Zone has the Edelbrock ones (samething) for 25.00 each.

Here's a posting I did in the spring.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139227
    On the C109 (current work in process)
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post
    Phil, welcome to the Holley\Edelbrock club hope you have a FI controller because the new cold air intake is much more wide open then the suzki one so you now may have to add more fuel.
    Some say that if you don't change your exhaust you don't need an FI with a CAI but I've always been on the safe side with that one. Just keep a close eye on your plugs and make sure your not running too lean.

Nice video!!
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmav View Post
    Phil, welcome to the Holley\Edelbrock club hope you have a FI controller because the new cold air intake is much more wide open then the suzki one so you now may have to add more fuel.
    Some say that if you don't change your exhaust you don't need an FI with a CAI but I've always been on the safe side with that one. Just keep a close eye on your plugs and make sure your not running too lean.

Nice video!!
    I'm still haven't decided what I'm gonna do about my air intakes.

Nice video!!
    I dont have a bully or other, I am experimenting with differant foam sheets in the oem housing in front of the screen. 5/8 is running a little rich but eliminated my lean knock but I lost a little power, going to go to 3/8 coarse. Ihave oem drilled pipes.The holley eldebrock foam comes with no oil on it and I am considering oiling it to repel water and catch fine dirt particles. PHIL
    Last edited by ELI; 08-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Default Hard Krome 2-1/2" American Classics

Silveradols,

Just put on new Hard Krome 2-1/2" American Classics (black). Turned them on and oh, do they sound sweet. One little problem is I'll have to put a new exhaust gasket on as my front head is leaking just a little. Also, got them on ebay over last weekend for $250 plus $50 delivery. Not bad for some really nice pipes. If you like them quiet, do NOT get these.

Best Regards.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by krkostecki View Post
    Silveradols,

Just put on new Hard Krome 2-1/2" American Classics (black). Turned them on and oh, do they sound sweet. One little problem is I'll have to put a new exhaust gasket on as my front head is leaking just a little. Also, got them on ebay over last weekend for $250 plus $50 delivery. Not bad for some really nice pipes. If you like them quiet, do NOT get these.

Best Regards.

Kurt
    you should always get new exhaust gaskets when replacing your exhaust. Take a video, so I can hear how they sound.

Default Hard Krome Pipes

G'day,

I Have fitted Hard Krome 3" Roadburner Straights to my bike and I am very happy with the sound and the look of these pipes. They were very well priced compared to other exhaust's out there. Easy to install and easy to keep them clean.

Blain.
    MODS update: G Bushing, Bully Controller, Kurakyn Longhorn Pegs, Suzuki Engine Guards, Suzuki Tank Cover, Suzuki Drive Shaft Cover, Cobra Spot Light Bar & Visors, Suzuki Headlight Visor, 3" Roadburner Straights (chrome), National Cycle Fender Tips, Show Chrome Solo Rack, Baron 3" Tacho, Riders Seat Backrest, Gman TRE and Stealth K&N Filters, Highway Hawk Tailight Cover, Irate Customs Radiator Grill and Grim Reaper Mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    G'day,

I Have fitted Hard Krome 3" Roadburner Straights to my bike and I am very happy with the sound and the look of these pipes. They were very well priced compared to other exhaust's out there. Easy to install and easy to keep them clean.

Blain.
    Very sweet looking ride! Nicely done

you should always get new exhaust gaskets when replacing your exhaust. Take a video, so I can hear how they sound.
    Went and picked up new gaskets this morning. Installed pipes and everything works perfectly...and sounds great. Will post pics and video tomorrow.

Very sweet looking ride! Nicely done
    Thanks mate,

If it wasn't for this Forum, the bike wouldn't be looking like she does! Dealers over here have very limited stock and knowledge of this bike....
    So I have found a world of information and mod listings on this helpfull forum.

Keep up the good work guys

Blain
    MODS update: G Bushing, Bully Controller, Kurakyn Longhorn Pegs, Suzuki Engine Guards, Suzuki Tank Cover, Suzuki Drive Shaft Cover, Cobra Spot Light Bar & Visors, Suzuki Headlight Visor, 3" Roadburner Straights (chrome), National Cycle Fender Tips, Show Chrome Solo Rack, Baron 3" Tacho, Riders Seat Backrest, Gman TRE and Stealth K&N Filters, Highway Hawk Tailight Cover, Irate Customs Radiator Grill and Grim Reaper Mirrors.

They look good. I wish I had gotten 2into2 exhaust instead of my 2into1 exhaust. How do they sound?

They look good. I wish I had gotten 2into2 exhaust instead of my 2into1 exhaust. How do they sound?
    They sound nice and deep at idle and when opening up the throttle they put out a nice loud rumble. I have tried to record the sound, but when you play it back it just does not sound anything like it... Lol. When I ride I wear moulded ear plugs, so it's not so loud to me. But cars infront tend to move out the way when I am coming up from behind! In top gear on light throttle, you can tone down the noise so the local Police don't pay any extra attention to you, as they drive past.

Blain

I'm still thinking about getting a 2 into 2 exhaust. I'm looking at the HardKrome 3" or 2.5" duals.
    I'll probably sell my VP's after I get the new exhaust. I'm also still looking to see if anybody has
    a post on how to shorten the stock exhaust and install the Scorpion Tips.
    Last edited by silveradols; 11-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.

I'm still haven't decided what I'm gonna do about my air intakes.
    I'm probably gonna go with the Holley or Edelbrock intake mod, but use the BMW K&N air filter, if I can remember which one it is. I wish UNI filter made a filter.

I found a radius dual exhaust for the C109RT. That's the one I've always wanted.

Last edited by silveradols; 11-15-2012 at 10:07 PM.

I found a radius dual exhaust for the C109RT. That's the one I've always wanted.

Brilliant cut, now you have me thinking about mine.
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ray View Post
    Brilliant cut, now you have me thinking about mine.
    they're not to badly priced either, but I'm still undecided between these and the hard krome 3" Big Straights or American Classic II's. I can send u the link.
    Last edited by silveradols; 11-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Which exhaust is better, Hard Krome or Cobra? I'm hoping to get a slash cut 2-2 set next spring.

I would go with hardkrome. My personal opinion is Cobra is a cheaper, entry level exhaust. But its all your opinion and which style you like. I just put on the hardkrome 3" big straights and I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by drb1984 View Post
    I would go with hardkrome. My personal opinion is Cobra is a cheaper, entry level exhaust. But its all your opinion and which style you like. I just put on the hardkrome 3" big straights and I love them!
    Yea, I'm definitely looking really hard at the HardKrome 3" big straights, I would prefer slash cut tips.

I started thinking about a dual exhaust for my Polaris RZR 800 now. Since I already have Velocity Pros on my Bully, it would be cheaper to change it's exhaust, because I already have a fuel programmer. A dual exhaust for my RZR 800 would cost more, because things for ATV's/UTV's cost more and I would need a fuel programmer for it too.

Decisions, Decisions!!!

Exclamation Ouch

I was just quoted to remove and shorten my baffles and cut my pipes like these. I know I am going to do it so I don't know why I am complaining but $200.

I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ray View Post
    I was just quoted to remove and shorten my baffles and cut my pipes like these. I know I am going to do it so I don't know why I am complaining but $200.

There's no place around here that can do that. That website no longer has that exhaust for the C109RT. They only show it for the M109R now.