m109 supercharger
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: m109 supercharger

Default m109 supercharger

Hi everyone,

thoght you might like to see a little project we have here in the uk. its ongoing at the moment but we have a rotrex supercharger fitted. looking to produce in the region of 200bhp at the wheel.

its a fairly involved piece of engineering as we have essentially remade the left hand side of the engine.

hope you enjoy the pics :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel!!

Very Active Member BAD BOY M109R's Avatar

sweet... when are they going to be for sale....
    BONE STOCK

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Watch this space. the first 2 kits are already sold as these are the guys that commisioned the project so to speak. but general release will probably be 4-6 weeks from now or something like that if all goes smoothly :)

Very Active Member BAD BOY M109R's Avatar

cool .... what kind of price tag
    BONE STOCK

Banned

After installing this kit how long does it take to destroy your transmission?
    Last edited by JERSEY 9; 12-17-2012 at 04:36 PM.

... wow.... just...wow
    -Dave

Wow. Love the engineering thats gone into it. Great job, even if it does destroy the gearbox

Looks great, do you have any dyno sheets for the bikes that already have them? What tuner are these bikes running. This is a very interesting project.

You can run, but you will just die tired..............

Quote Originally Posted by D-Ride View Post
    Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel!!

Looks more like a blower set up to me

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrangeBullet View Post
    Looks more like a blower set up to me
    A blower is a supercharger.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

no dyno plots yet as it hasnt run yet :)

we are a couple weeks off running the first one, just have the plenum chamber and some pulleys to make.

dont worry about your transmission, the way the rotrex delivers power is very very smooth, so you dont get a big bang of tourqe half way up the revs like you do with a turbo. its just a straight power curve from idle to rev limit :)

we cant really commit on price untill it is fully finnished, but please bear in mind this is a premium product that has some very fancy engineering in it, so the price has to reflect this. but we will be roughly in the ball park of £4500 for a compleate kit. this will be everything you need including brackets, supercharger, new radiator and intercooler, pipework, plenum chamber, injectors ect ect.

will keep you all updated as we progress

I just noticed that you posted this in the C109Riders forum. Will this also be available for the M109R?

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltav View Post
    no dyno plots yet as it hasnt run yet :)

we are a couple weeks off running the first one, just have the plenum chamber and some pulleys to make.

dont worry about your transmission, the way the rotrex delivers power is very very smooth, so you dont get a big bang of tourqe half way up the revs like you do with a turbo. its just a straight power curve from idle to rev limit :)

we cant really commit on price untill it is fully finnished, but please bear in mind this is a premium product that has some very fancy engineering in it, so the price has to reflect this. but we will be roughly in the ball park of £4500 for a compleate kit. this will be everything you need including brackets, supercharger, new radiator and intercooler, pipework, plenum chamber, injectors ect ect.

will keep you all updated as we progress
    That looks like a well thought out/engineered piece there. I am not sure what the number you have equates to in dollars, but if it is around $4500, then that is definately not a bad deal. You can spend well above that for a unit for an automobile. Keep us posted.

According to my converter app that's $7300 ish American dollar

That's a heck of alot of cash. Fancy engineering or not. You could buy another bike for that

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    I just noticed that you posted this in the C109Riders forum. Will this also be available for the M109R?
    Its actually pictured on a M so the question is if it will fit a C

over at the "CAFE" where this was posted earlier

At the beginning of the year I had two requests out of the blue to manufacture a supercharger conversion for the M109.

whether it fits the C or not it aint no way in my budget

'08 C/RT----- CLASSY, COMFORTABLE & CAPABLE
    Heading to the hills for a day of THROTTLE THERAPY is cheaper then an hour on the cuckoo couch

First. Good on you for doing this. That's quite an undertaking, and few have done it. I can't wait to see it complete and to see what HP you end up with.
    Keep us posted and I'll be tracking your progress for sure.
    Big thumbs up guy !

Banned

LOL, Folks that would buy this product want to and can afford to. Not cause they have to........... Great engineering.

Very Active Member

Awesome, but makes more sense to me to just buy a vmax.
    Next mods list: intakes, air ride, down & under brakes, galfers, braided lines, more chrome

Can't wait to see it final.
    2004 MSX109R - Screaming Egg Roll Edition - Custom carburetor intakes - Modified Carburetors - T3 Turbo - Custom JetKit - Custom 2-1-2-4 "Racing Exhaust" - Custom cam pulleys - Dubble Bubble Windshield - Frame Sliders - 24" Stretched Swingarm

Los Alamitos in Orange County, So. Cal "The O C"

impressive
    08,M109R2[250 Dunnie, PC3, stebel air horn, K&Ns, flame mirrors, debaged, gutted pipes, suzuki engine guards, piaa hyperwhite headlight, back off modulator, gipro atre, front motor mounts, debeavered, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Factory Pro star kit, G-Man shifter bushing, Guardian Bell, Catch can mod....... more to come

3 of the first batch are pre sold so some people like the idea the nice thing is about this supercharger is its linear power delivery, the bike feels just the same but more so, smoother, faster to respond, easy to put the power down and deceivingly fast. Every bike should have one

Very Active Member windycityrider's Avatar

appears to have some very impressive awesome engineering from the pictures. i'm sure you will get a lot of interest for these. i know i am waiting to see the results of the finished product.

might be a good idea to get some preliminary dyno runs of the bikes that are eventually going to have these installed so that people can see "before" and "after" results. it would definitely help in getting some concrete numbers to have a comparison with.

keep us posted.

OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED.......THE
    WINDY CITY IS MY PLAYGROUND

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

There is a slight difference between a supercharger and a blower. Superchargers have internal compression of the air inside of the unit. Blowers Like Roots or Jimmy blowers provide boost only in the intake manifold. Sounds like a small difference but the efficency of a supercharger is much higher and they don't heat the air as much so more power. Blowers tend to be brutal on the bottom end and taper off on top. Top Fuel guys would love to have a scroll type charger or even a Screw charger like the whipple used in top gas cars but they would make to much power and are outlawed in many classes including Top Fuel.
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Default super charger

hey if you want a guinny pig here in the states My M90 would be a willing participant.
    Bone stock M90 but got the itch for mods...getting ideas from other m90s on the form. Ordered and received Johns 2 1/2 lowering bones (pending installation)... Got a 240 rear rim/tire from another member (pasco pete) Hard Krome Sideburners , new grips
    see my album for more pics got it installed and its "killer"

Quote Originally Posted by giveMongoBall View Post
    Awesome, but makes more sense to me to just buy a vmax.
    Not if you don't want a vmax...
    Also, mods (especially ones like this) are one of the things that makes this bike, site, and the motorcycle world GREAT !
    Taking a bike you love and making it your own and better is what it's about.
    Is your bike stock? If not, you should have just bought a new one instead of changing it.. :)

Robert at Roaring toyz in Florida is taking one on as a demo as soon as we have it proven so you will be able to get good service from him.