The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to... - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to...

Quote Originally Posted by revlo3 View Post
    Would the spaces be closer or not parallel?
    The spaces should be a little more parallel or even in height. Sorry, should have clarified that earlier.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Well on the bright side, it's not an "emergency mod"....it really does make a big difference in the ride. Maybe some other sites have them in stock
    Bobby, do these wear on top or bottom? Maybe for an in-between fix until the new parts get here you could rotate them 180 degrees? I doubt it would make the engine any smoother but it might take out the sag. The location of them makes me think they wear on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Bobby, do these wear on top or bottom? Maybe for an in-between fix until the new parts get here you could rotate them 180 degrees? I doubt it would make the engine any smoother but it might take out the sag. The location of them makes me think they wear on the top.
    Correct, the front ones wear on top! Seems putting power down rolls the engine back.

Truthfully you probably could flip them over, I dunno though if they would stay in that position.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member GeorgiaRoller's Avatar

Well I just got my front ones replaced tonight. First off I want to thank BobbyMac for thinking of me and ordering me a set of new mounts when he ordered his. Thanks Bro! I also have to thank Lucky06 for coming down to my house tonight and basically doing all the work and helping me replace mine. Thanks Dude!

Mine looked worse than I thought that they would. I have 16,000 on the bike and I took a few pictures of them in comparison to the new mounts. I also snapped a few install pics that might help some others.

I'm gonna give the bike a test ride after I get home from work tomorrow. I'm assuming that based on how my old mounts look that I'll have a much tighter/smoother ride than before.

It was a thought, just in case they go on prolonged back order. Thanks for letting me know.

I got a shipping notice from Deland today so maybe some showed up. I ordered a pair of new tank cushions and it could be they decided to go ahead and ship those instead of waiting for the engine bushings.

Default Turn them over?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    It was a thought, just in case they go on prolonged back order. Thanks for letting me know.

I got a shipping notice from Deland today so maybe some showed up. I ordered a pair of new tank cushions and it could be they decided to go ahead and ship those instead of waiting for the engine bushings.
    I hope you wait for the new ones, just turning the old ones 180 degrees won't do much. They're just too soft from the get go. Bascially, it's like trying to hold the whole front of the engine in place with a couple of marshmallows!
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE View Post
    I hope you wait for the new ones, just turning the old ones 180 degrees won't do much. They're just too soft from the get go. Bascially, it's like trying to hold the whole front of the engine in place with a couple of marshmallows!

The only way I would do that is if I could lift the engine up a little to take pressure off them, then reach in and rotate them with something. I wouldn't go through the full removal process just to turn them. Mine actually isn't that bad yet, but you know how it is when everyone says how great something works, you have to try it too.

Just some FYI. Back in my import tuner days, we were always looking for cheap mods to help our ricers out. One of the things we did was to take our stock civic motor mounts which had a three pointed star design, and fill the gaps with windshield urathane. It took them about two days to cure all the way through, but when done they were basicly a solid rubber mount which was much stiffer and transfered into more solid shifts.

I'm not recomending anybody pull their bike completely apart and squirt some windshield caulk instead of spending $40 to do it the right way, but, if someone's is really bad and they can't get a replacement, it's an option.
    --->NEWBIE<--- Black. 160 Front. HID Headlight. Debeavered. Custom built Sequential Turn signal Brake light display. Pipes. Power Comander. Pager alarm. 181 LED light kit. Work in progress.

Very Active Member

Default motor mounts

say bobby how many miles did you have on your boke when you replaced them? Thanks wonder if this could be done under warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by racer 50 View Post
    say bobby how many miles did you have on your boke when you replaced them? Thanks wonder if this could be done under warrenty.
    About 18,000. I can't see Suzuki covering these under warranty, bro. They are cheapskates!

HD ETR

Default Blind's comment

Hey blind once I saw your comment on noticing whether you need is great I went to check my bike right after and true enough they are not aligning up.. and I have notice more vibration etc from my bike... Just ordered so I'll attempt with posted how-to here. cant wait to see any difference this might make..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonback View Post
    Hey blind once I saw your comment on noticing whether you need is great I went to check my bike right after and true enough they are not aligning up.. and I have notice more vibration etc from my bike... Just ordered so I'll attempt with posted how-to here. cant wait to see any difference this might make..
    Even if it's not in bad shape it's still a good mod to do!

Default got mine!

Thank you BobbyMac!
    I just got my bushings and installed them. Mine were as bad if not worse than the first pictures on this thread. 25,500 miles on em.
    I notice a much smoother ride now!
    I put the bike on a bike jack but took it down.
    It seemed much easier with just a small hydraulic jack with the bike on its kickstand.

Thanks also BobbyMac ! from start to finish including washing the bike off and a shower for me less than 3 hours ! GREAT how to .
    WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU ??

WOW just got back from a little ride to check out the improvement with the new mounts it is amazing how nice it is to ride with no shakes and gas tank not look like it ready to fly off when your lugging it down a little. I would highly recomend this to everyone to do you will not be disapointed with the finished results.
    WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU ??

Subscribing

Just got mine (2 front) and almost ready to tackle..
    waiting for front pads. and will also check hub nut so this way I have bike down for 1 whole day and take care of a few items at once...

wish me luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider View Post
    You sir are an example of why this forum is so great!
    Thank You!!

Thanks !!!
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Very Active Member RicardoRodriguez's Avatar

I have a question.
    If my local suzuki dealer is a lousy one. Just in case, hahahaa
    How can i recognize he is really selling me the rear motor mounts?
    I mean if they (rear and front) look just the same, how can i tell the dealer is not selling the front ones as they were the rear ones?

Thanks for the inputs

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoRodriguez View Post
    I have a question.
    If my local suzuki dealer is a lousy one. Just in case, hahahaa
    How can i recognize he is really selling me the rear motor mounts?
    I mean if they (rear and front) look just the same, how can i tell the dealer is not selling the front ones as they were the rear ones?

Thanks for the inputs
    You can look @ the part number on the bag. Also, the front ones are squishy like a tennis ball. The harder ones are more like a baseball.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HD ETR

Very Active Member RicardoRodriguez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    You can look @ the part number on the bag. Also, the front ones are squishy like a tennis ball. The harder ones are more like a baseball.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Alright pal, thanks for the info.
    I will order them tomorrow.
    Regards

Just ordered this part. Thanks for the excellent write up.

I ordered mine today. I"ll post pics of the new vs. old when I do the swap. Thanks, Bobby, for the pictoral How-to.

-Josh

Ive checked every place I could find and the web site www.boulevardsuzuki.com has the best prices I could find. They are cheeper on everything I have looked up. I have a order in now hope shipping is as good as there prices.
    ride to live and live to ride. Ride it like you stole it.2006 mean a$$ burple

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    I ordered mine today. I"ll post pics of the new vs. old when I do the swap. Thanks, Bobby, for the pictoral How-to.

-Josh
    Doing mine Monday evening. I will post up as well.

Default M90 and M109

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model...emblies/119130

Part #43 (Thanks Munster) seems all 6 are the same.... Does anyone know if this is the soft or harder mount? Think I could order 109 Rear mounts and just install them on my M90? They look very similar

You posted a link for a 1500, not an 1800. The part I ordered was #11652-10g30.

-Josh

Oh, I didn't notice you had an M90. I don't know what the differences are on the m90. It sems like the m90 has the same mounts all the way around. The m109 has softer front mounts. We are swapping in the harder rear mounts to the front om the m109.
    Last edited by gottattooz; 08-14-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

From the pic's it looks like you might have found the smoking gun on some of our exploded drives. I am thinking I might get some delrin and machine 6 replacements and put them in before it becomes a problem. Very nice write up.
    Bob
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Los Alamitos in Orange County, So. Cal "The O C"

08,M109R2[250 Dunnie, PC3, stebel air horn, K&Ns, flame mirrors, debaged, gutted pipes, suzuki engine guards, piaa hyperwhite headlight, back off modulator, gipro atre, front motor mounts, debeavered, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Factory Pro star kit, G-Man shifter bushing, Guardian Bell, Catch can mod....... more to come

Default motor mounts installed

OMG! The Beast is Back! Wow what a difference after installng the new mounts! Thanx to Ooink (Rob) for comming over to the house and doing the install! We also changed out spark plugs and installed my GMan battery tender. Thanx Bobby for clueing us all in on this #1 MOD, its a must do for sure! Was a great day here Tatter!

Tempting Fate, One 9 at a Time!