The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to... - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to...

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Like Taz said

Most only replace the fronts as they wear the quickest.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Like Taz said

Most only replace the fronts as they wear the quickest.
    Thanks guys ya only has 6,100 miles... do it now!!! A lot info... it's like drinking out the fire hose trying think everything to do! LOL

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109R2x.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	377826
    Last edited by StitchsLoft; 06-02-2018 at 11:24 PM.

You look just fine on the R2. Nice bike.

Name:	3DF40892-03BE-4D9C-BE68-7CDE365C4930.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	377834This one isn’t an R2 the head was changed
    out “Bulls bay”but is a good looken 9 with a lot of goodies.
    “welcome to our site.”

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Thanks guys ya only has 6,100 miles... do it now!!! A lot info... it's like drinking out the fire hose trying think everything to do! LOL

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

Name:	M109R2x.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	377826
    I hear you. I've been non stop with mods since I bought the bike, but I enjoy turning wrenches. It's my hobby

I hear you. I've been non stop with mods since I bought the bike, but I enjoy turning wrenches. It's my hobby
    Does anyone run these XP Stage III Utra Air Flow Kits?

http://phatpartsoutlet.com/suzuki-pa...a-flow-intake/

Found Video too...
    https://youtu.be/vwFprmsOTSk

Cant not get response over here... https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148008

There are a few here that have them

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

So has anyone had any issues with https://www.partsoutlaw.com ??

Placed the order for two of them on 6/2 and not heard anything about shipping and the website give 20 day span for parts for me?

I called the number off the site yet no one picks up? No tracking info at all provided?

never heard of them

Doesn't sound like any place I've ordered from as I always get an Email update same day or quicker and tracking number within a couple days max

And snail mail from Florida to Butt F nowhere Canada takes half that time
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 06-08-2018 at 09:19 PM.

a lot of people use this place

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/

And it's in your area

Maybe it went through the Star Gate

Maybe it went through the Star Gate
    NICE~! LOL If it had be here already!

Finally hit them on FB made the guy get me tracking it had shipped but barley, seems our shipping girl is not on par for updates!

Pipe and bushings will arrive on 6/13 and have appt for them to start the mods on 6/16. Hoping does not take too long...

My new helmet isnt even here yet either!

hi! I found someone who can make motormounts from polyurethane with us..if anyone needs to contact

Hi.

I changed all my 6 mounts 1500 Km ago, when the miles setting was 45K - the bike is very smooth now.

It's the second time I've changed the front mounts (with the harder, rear ones) and the first time for the 4 upper/rear - since I had to remove the engine to rebuild the crankcase and the primary bevel gear, I took advantage of the situation.

Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Well I've put almost 600 miles on her and she running great! Love this bike more everyday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180709_212041_374.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	378982  

Glad to hear. Hard to not love these bikes

And not many R2 that I've seen

Default m109r engine mounts

Hi guys, can anyone help with a link that works now so I can buy the engine mounts?

Many thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    First of all you will need two of the harder rear motor mounts. They are part #11652-10G30
    I ordered mine from here and they were about $14 dollars each. That was the cheapest I could find and these folks gave great service:
    http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/

You will also need two jacks....motorcycle and a one like this to lift/support the motor:

Now on to the stuff you must take off. You have to take all the radiator cowling stuff off. So the tank comes back and I took off the side covers as well:

Next you have to remove both of the footpeg brackets(2 bolts on each side) and the brake pedal. I didn't remove my shifter.....just sort of left it dangling but I did support it:

To remove the brake pedal, you have to remove this bolt:

The spring comes off as well. When you take the pedal off, there is a rubber O-ring that you don't need to lose. It probably will come off, just remember where it goes and put a thin coat of grease on it when you reinstall. Grease the brake lever shaft, too.

Remove this as well. It more of less just presses down into it's holder. There is a spring which you have to take off as well:

Next you need to remove the cover in front of the rear master cylinder....two bolts:

Ok....now you need to remove the rear brake fluid reservoir, so you can get at the bolts for the frame. I took the whole bracket off to make more room. I also disconnected my horn because I was pulling the radiator forward and the horn was holding it back:

Now.....I would take the bolts out of the radiator.....two at the top and one at the bottom. This will allow it to move forward and give you room to get behind it. This is what the right side of the bike will be looking like. This is CBR1000's pic. It also shows the two bolts in the frame out......don't do that YET!

Now get your one ton jack and support the motor.....we're getting to the good part. No pics of this but it has to go under the front part behind the oil filter.

Take out the long bolt between the front mounts, and the spacer.

Now the section of frame can be removed with 6 bolts. Slide out the old mounts (bushings), use dish soap or silicone grease (not oil, it degrades the rubber), and slide in the new ones with the spacer between them. These are the bolts that come out to remove the frame section.....there are two under the exhaust, two right behind the rear brake reservoir, and two on the shifter side right behind the radiator. In my picture, you can only see one of the bolts behind the brake reservoir....look at CBR1000s pic above to see both:

*****When you are removing these bolts, when you get down to the last bolt to come out....aka bolt 6 of 6.....it may be hard to get out. I had to screw it out all the way...all the others just pulled right out. I was worried that there was excess weight causing it to be in a bind and was expecting the worst when I pulled it out. Don't freak....the jack has got the motor. When Lucky helped a guy do his last week, he said the bolt did the same on that bike, too. So expect it.

Picture of old mount out:

The one ton jack will be a big help in lining everything up for the install. Also, if you can have an extra set of hands, I had Lucky, it will make this much easier.

Once the new ones are in, reinstall in the reverse order. I used blue loc-tite on all my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by puppyhead100 View Post
    Hi guys, can anyone help with a link that works now so I can buy the engine mounts?

Many thanks :-)
    Here ya go: http://secure.billydump.com/store/in...&productId=287
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

👍🏾