Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 335

Thread: Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review

  1. #1
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review

    Well guys I finally got to try out the Powrpro tuner today and put about 50 miles on her. When I got it, a guy from cobra told me as soon as I install it, the first thing to go thru the gears pretty hard, at least 1st thru 3rd a few times. He says this actually sets it up to your bike, like learning. It reads everything especially on acceleration. Well, as soon as I took off I started going thru the gears and it had a slight flat spot or small hesitation around 4k rpm. But after about 3 or 4 runs thru the gears to about 6.5k or 7k rpm, the flat or hesitation is gone. It is running excellent now (no flat or hesitation) and pulling harder than it has before with a pc. And it goes thru the rpm's faster to red line. Also, the pc used to start pulling and pulled the same all the way to 7k, but with this cobra when it hits 4k rpm it starts pulling harder, like a power band. You can feel it like a turbo kicking in. Maybe it starts dumping a lot more fuel in around 4k. I will call Andre Tues and let him know how it did and ask a few more questions. I love it and it is a keeper!

    PS selling my PC3, PM me!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Radio Active Member Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    22,465

    Default

    Great, thanks for the update Timbo. According to the way they said it worked, under acceleration is where it does the tuning. I'd like to know what it does for fuel mileage too once you get done playing with it.






  4. #3
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    No problem. Planning on going for a ride with another guy Mon. So it should be an accurate read on mpg without any red line runs.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member Mr Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Great, thanks for the update Timbo. According to the way they said it worked, under acceleration is where it does the tuning. I'd like to know what it does for fuel mileage too once you get done playing with it.

    I got 2 mpg more on my first tank...
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7825765694_2de516d3e5_n.jpg

  7. #5
    Very Active Member Mr Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Well guys I finally got to try out the Powrpro tuner today and put about 50 miles on her. When I got it, a guy from cobra told me as soon as I install it, the first thing to go thru the gears pretty hard, at least 1st thru 3rd a few times. He says this actually sets it up to your bike, like learning. It reads everything especially on acceleration. Well, as soon as I took off I started going thru the gears and it had a slight flat spot or small hesitation around 4k rpm. But after about 3 or 4 runs thru the gears to about 6.5k or 7k rpm, the flat or hesitation is gone. It is running excellent now (no flat or hesitation) and pulling harder than it has before with a pc. And it goes thru the rpm's faster to red line. Also, the pc used to start pulling and pulled the same all the way to 7k, but with this cobra when it hits 4k rpm it starts pulling harder, like a power band. You can feel it like a turbo kicking in. Maybe it starts dumping a lot more fuel in around 4k. I will call Andre Tues and let him know how it did and ask a few more questions. I love it and it is a keeper!

    PS selling my PC3, PM me!!
    I'm glad to see they that the results so far are consistant! Thanks.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7825765694_2de516d3e5_n.jpg

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Blindbishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    138

    Default No dyno?

    Guys,
    Am I to understand that the auto tune means it doesn't require custom mapping? I've got a PCIII and they're asking anywhere from $250 to $500 to dyno tune my bike.
    For that price I could probably just swap out for one of these

  9. #7
    Very Active Member Mr Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindbishop View Post
    Guys,
    Am I to understand that the auto tune means it doesn't require custom mapping? I've got a PCIII and they're asking anywhere from $250 to $500 to dyno tune my bike.
    For that price I could probably just swap out for one of these
    This unit does it all for you install it and never worry about it again.
    Well worth the $$$.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7825765694_2de516d3e5_n.jpg

  10. #8
    Very Active Member Blindbishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    138

    Default Cobra Powrpro

    Thanks Sandman, I just read this post in time as I was setting up an appointment to get dyno tuned.

    another question is, would anyone know if I have to re-route new wiring or can I use anything from the PCIII that's now in place?

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    You have to totally remove the pc3. Which means taking off the injector plugs and replacing with the cobra unit. They each have their own plugs.

  12. #10
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sandman View Post
    I got 2 mpg more on my first tank...
    This is very encouraging that is for sure. Sounds like it really is doing a good job.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Great info. Keep it coming guys. I am already squirreling away some money (at least in my mind) for this programmer.

    The only problem with shelling out the dollars is the fact that this is technology, and there is always something newer, better, less expensive in short order. It's a love hate relationship I have with our world of hi-tech. Oh well, how blessed we are to live in this time! And to ride our 9s.
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

  14. #12
    Very Active Member Blindbishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    138

    Default

    thanks for the info...now to start saving that coffee money

  15. #13
    Very Active Member Tanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ESTONIA (non US)
    Posts
    180

    Default

    ..sounds too good to be true....have been messing with pc3 maps for years, never quite satisfied..and "constant" tuning eats time and wallet..
    BIGAIR, PC3+hub, JSD-3M, RCC Savage Eclipse, 300 club, Arnott, MCV-7400, 2-1 supertrapp, Galfer waves

  16. #14
    Very Active Member mlrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    central IL
    Posts
    174

    Default

    thanks for the review, I'm thinking one of these needs to be on the next credit card bill!

  17. #15
    Very Active Member Tanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ESTONIA (non US)
    Posts
    180

    Default

    ..couldn't find it on sale anywhere? only models for HD
    BIGAIR, PC3+hub, JSD-3M, RCC Savage Eclipse, 300 club, Arnott, MCV-7400, 2-1 supertrapp, Galfer waves

  18. #16
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Got mine from Phat Performance.

  19. #17
    Very Active Member pynikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    oh boy. sounds like this will be the FI controller of choice when i get another 109. i love the cobra FI units.

    keep the info coming fellas.

  20. #18
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,599

    Default

    Here is a thread on how it works, direct from Cobra.

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...81#post1481681
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  21. #19
    Very Active Member Boudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Mine should be here tomorrow!!! Cant wait!!!
    Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

    Fast!!!

  22. #20
    Very Active Member Boudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    1,296

    Default My opinion

    First: Install was a piece of cake since I have no airbox to remove.
    Throttle response much better!!!
    Bike has never ran as smooth as it does now.
    It does feel like it has a bit more torque getting thru the rpm's quicker.
    Bike does seem quicker over all, just by the feel.
    I would recommend this product. No more dyno if I want to change pipes or go back with airbox or do anymore engine mods.
    I give it 5 of 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

    Fast!!!

  23. #21
    Very Active Member Boudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    And still feels like it getting stronger!!!!
    Ima liking this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

    Fast!!!

  24. #22
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
    First: Install was a piece of cake since I have no airbox to remove.
    Never knew you had to remove the airbox to install a fuel programmer. I installed my current TKI Fuel Injection Module without removing the airbox, or the side units. Just took off the tank and installed it. Yeah it was tight getting the plugs on the injectors, but I got it done.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger


  25. #23
    Very Active Member dave340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Tim,
    Did you notice that with the Monster Exhaust and the Powrpro, that your rpm's at idle are down a little?
    2011LE, not so stock anymore. Lots of plans, lots of time...

    "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fed with? That's me..." GT

  26. #24
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Never knew you had to remove the airbox to install a fuel programmer. I installed my current TKI Fuel Injection Module without removing the airbox, or the side units. Just took off the tank and installed it. Yeah it was tight getting the plugs on the injectors, but I got it done.
    You don't have to remove the air box. Just plug into the injectors.

  27. #25
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    You don't have to remove the air box. Just plug into the injectors.
    I know that, but someone else commented how easy it was because he did not have to remove the airbox. So maybe he didn't get the memo?
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger


  28. #26
    Very Active Member Timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I know that, but someone else commented how easy it was because he did not have to remove the airbox. So maybe he didn't get the memo?
    Yea, he probably read the instructions, cause it says to do so.

  29. #27
    Very Active Member Cormierone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chester Virginia
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
    And still feels like it getting stronger!!!!
    Ima liking this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take it through he gears 1-4 to red line a few times and that's when it gets good, real good!!!
    C-One
    Army of One
    SFC, Retired, Signal Corp.
    "Jesus is LORD!!!"
    " I'm Gods child and a Jesus kind of man"


  30. #28
    Active Member pam109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    liverpool pa
    Posts
    70

    Default pro

    I installed mine last week. I took it out an ran threw the gears pretty hard (4-5) times came home and park it. Yesterday i rode it to work about 70 mph,tried to do the same on the way home but i was finding myself going 80 sometimes. well i was avg.(32-34mpg) steady but i got home and did the math 157.9 miles 3.80 = 41.55mpg. the power with this unit is awesome. If this is the gas mileage that this unit gives it is above and beyond my expectations

  31. #29
    Supporting Vendor Rainey5230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    670

    Default

    This cobra FI2000 Powepro is amazing.
    What ever it said in introduciton.
    I still believe No O2 No real auto-tuning
    but I got say I wrong ~~~~

    I finished install yesterday. and help my mate install his on VTX1800.

    Them we went to test rode today.

    it is like I use custom map in PC3 and Cannon 5".

    when I used PC3 with big air kit and Cannon 5"
    My bike accelerate is fast then my friend V-MAX 2005 model year.

    but today, I have same feel like before.

    And my friend also said really fast then his PC3 .

    I give it 5 star amazing~~~~~

  32. #30
    Active Member pam109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    liverpool pa
    Posts
    70

    Default ?????????

    well reading the paper work it seems it sounds like you should open up the air flow and the exhust.it will make the pro work better.so which would be some of the better choice to open the air and exhust??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->