Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review

Well I have to say it's pretty easy to just remove the airbox for the install. Im going to install mine today and I will try not to remove the airbox for kicks. Keep all informed of the results of the power pro.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    Long needle nose pliers (like a foot or more). No airbox removal required.
    i have a neighbor kid like 10 or 11 years old who is always checking out my toys...well i finally found a use for him...with his hands being so small, he had that plug for the front injector swapped in about 20 seconds, just showed him how the clip works with the rear injecotor....hope he doesnt send me a 1099 at the end of the year for the 5'er i gave him though

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Well I have to say it's pretty easy to just remove the airbox for the install. Im going to install mine today and I will try not to remove the airbox for kicks. Keep all informed of the results of the power pro.
    I have relatively large hands and I did my original FI2000R and the PowrPro without removing the box. It's not that tough. Hold your tongue just right.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

well im happy to report the tuner with cvt did what they claim.....i can noticably feel my power is higher AND smoother...its not jerky like before with the scorpion tips and no tuner (although i do have the atre). now its seems to have lost that momentary flat spot off idle when blipping the throttle. it broke the tire loose on 1st,2nd and 3rd like it used to do...i dont have a place close by or the room to get the feel of a 0 too 100 pass.

i hope in the next few days i can find a SAFE and secluded place to open it up a few times....i have no intention of getting a huge ticket to justify the huge cost of this tuner.

Very Active Member

Well, installed mine yesterday. Took it out for some quick runs. Felt pretty good. Today spent the day with a bunch of fantastic guys and gals in the phoenix and Tucson areas riding up Mt. Lemon in Tucson. After 300 miles, I am officially in the Power Pro club that says, "wow!" It just kept getting better. And going from 700 ft elevation in the desert valley to 9000+ at the top of the mountain, she never missed a beat. Always power on tap and ran fantastic.

Great day. Great controller. Rainey's pipe is the Bomb, too. The combo of Rainey's 5" cannon, open K & Ns, and the new Power Pro is a winner.

MT
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    Well, installed mine yesterday. Took it out for some quick runs. Felt pretty good. Today spent the day with a bunch of fantastic guys and gals in the phoenix and Tucson areas riding up Mt. Lemon in Tucson. After 300 miles, I am officially in the Power Pro club that says, "wow!" It just kept getting better. And going from 700 ft elevation in the desert valley to 9000+ at the top of the mountain, she never missed a beat. Always power on tap and ran fantastic.

Great day. Great controller. Rainey's pipe is the Bomb, too. The combo of Rainey's 5" cannon, open K & Ns, and the new Power Pro is a winner.

MT
    It didn't take you long to get on the board....LOL

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MT
    Glad to see you FINALLY got it on. You're anticipation had me holding my breath!

I ran my bike today, first LONG trip since I've added the PowerPro. I got a whopping 43MPG!! And that was riding 2 up and with my saddlebags on. The best I have ever gotten is right at 40mpg riding solo with all stock fuel management. Once again I got to say "WOW".
    Burple, Goldwing intake mod, Vrod exhaust mod with supertrapp baffle mod, K&N filters, LE tail light, debeavered, Lowered, ARTE, Fi2000 auto tune, and tons of other mods!!!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    It didn't take you long to get on the board....LOL

Important things first. Now I'm going to bed. I'm pooped! Thanks for the great day!
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Important things first. Now I'm going to bed. I'm pooped! Thanks for the great day!
    Do your teeth look any whiter??

-Josh

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Do your teeth look any whiter??

-Josh
    Definitely would have if it weren't for all the little critters one encounters at 80 mph and 10 hours of riding. Yumm, protein.

Had a great time too. I take it you saw the coyote cross in front if us?

Very Active Member

Missed the dog. I was blinded by Sarah's crazy headlights.

First post on your forum!

I'd like to thank you guys for this thread....you apparently were some of the first to try out the PowrPro and report on it. I've been following it for a couple of months. I was lucky to be selected by Phat Performance to test out one on an non-ox sensored Harley, and completed my test the last couple of weeks.

I have an '06 Harley Ultra, vastly underpowered as compared to your M109's, but the PowrPro was a incredible addition to my 88 cu in engine.

Am I allowed here to post a link to a different forum thread so you can see my test report?

Here's a seat of the pants real time dyno ![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3hCXqKCaY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3hCXqKCaY[/ame]
    Last edited by trident_t150; 10-09-2011 at 08:06 PM.

My new power pro should be here tomorrow. If I put it on and my needles move as slow as yours Trident 150, I'm going to Welcome to the forum!
    "I hope I die before I become a boring old fart!" Sea Sick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by trident_t150 View Post
    First post on your forum!

I'd like to thank you guys for this thread....you apparently were some of the first to try out the PowrPro and report on it. I've been following it for a couple of months. I was lucky to be selected by Phat Performance to test out one on an non-ox sensored Harley, and completed my test the last couple of weeks.

I have an '06 Harley Ultra, vastly underpowered as compared to your M109's, but the PowrPro was a incredible addition to my 88 cu in engine.

Am I allowed here to post a link to a different forum thread so you can see my test report?

Here's a seat of the pants real time dyno !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3hCXqKCaY
    I have heard the the HD riders were buying them up as fast as they could make them also.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I have heard the the HD riders were buying them up as fast as they could make them also.
    Glad to see you here good video! Now I really can't wait to get mine!
    Out of every one hundred men you send me, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make good the battle...... Ah, but the one....one is a warrior.... and he will bring the others back.” -Heraclitus

Thanks for the welcomes!

Flinch, I have a 1975 Triumph Trident T150 and a 1976 T160. Those are my "go fast" bikes. The Ultra we bought for comfort while traveling. Stock, it came with 59 hp and 71 ft/lbs torque. I've got that up to 75 hp and 79 ft/lbs with mild cams, aircleaner and pipe changes, and now the PowrPro.

Here's a dyno after installing the PowrPro. Note the a/f graph dialing itself in for WOT. After 5 pulls it was pretty well set for WOT, something I very seldom do, but it sure was fun to make that video. Where I have really noticed the difference is in the extra power to come up behind slower traffic, roll on the throttle without shifting down, and zoom right by.
    Last edited by trident_t150; 10-10-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Well I got it installed Sat evening and due to the weather I couldn't test it out. I got it out today and I'm home now.
    All I have to say is "WOW"! What a difference. Like everyone says, it starts to pull super hard at 4grand. I love it. I honestly don't see a reason for a TRE now. It pretty much smoothed every gear out and just kept pulling. Next thing you know I was having to switch gears.
    The Throttle response is the first thing you notice. It's crisp and smooth. This was only about a ten mile ride to get the feel for it. I'm sure it'll get better when it's learned more of my riding habits.
    With the K&N's and Rainey's 6" cannon, it was freaking great. Maybe it's just me but the exhaust sounded a tiny bit beetter too. I'm thinking it's because the bike was smoother.
    This thing is a keeper.

I would describe the exhaust note under acceleration of my Harley as being "throatier." At cruise, I detect no change.

I'm one of those guys who still stuggles to understand gmail. To have a plug and play unit like this is a god send to me. The real test for us will be our next trip over the Rockies next summer. This past summer, we went to the Grand Canyon, and our Ultra struggled with power and high heat at the high altitudes.

Wink

Nice to see you guys enjoying the spoils!! As us over in the uk can only sit with envy, am glad this new cobra brings out positives but I'd defo like to see a b4 and after dyno on the m109, could some of the excitement be a placebo effect or have these things started a change in the way we tune are rides?

On a more relevent note who the hell has them in stock!

Very Active Member

I really believe that it is making more consistent power under all conditions. I think that a well tuned PCV and even the F2000 can come close if not match the performance at times. But the best thing about this is like when I did my ride on Saturday and went from 700ft to 9000ft+ elevation change. The bike just behaved so much better all through the ride compared to before with my f2000. There is a total piece of mind knowing that it is doing its thing all the time. And I think that translates into more power overall.

Hope that makes some sense.

MT

That's certainly good news, Matt. We plan on moving to Prescott, AZ, elevation about a mile. We're at 800 ft above sea level here. We went over an 11,000 ft pass in Colorado on the way out there this summer. The one problem I see with most tuners is that they are set for the altitude the dyno lives in !

Mine will be here Thursday!
    Out of every one hundred men you send me, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make good the battle...... Ah, but the one....one is a warrior.... and he will bring the others back.” -Heraclitus

Very Active Member

bump!
    Live your own life....... everyone else has one!

'07 Red with a "Natural Mystic Blowing Through The Air........."

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by trident_t150 View Post
    That's certainly good news, Matt. We plan on moving to Prescott, AZ, elevation about a mile. We're at 800 ft above sea level here. We went over an 11,000 ft pass in Colorado on the way out there this summer. The one problem I see with most tuners is that they are set for the altitude the dyno lives in !
    The other thing to consider is the other auto-tuners that read off O2 sensors, are only going to be able to load a map that is in existence in the unit. So, unless you you have hundreds or thousands of maps loaded in the programmer, it is still limited to what it can pull from. I think.

Now, this unit would be the complete bomb if it could do the same programming for ignition timing as it does for fuel--which I don't see why it couldn't be built and programmed to do this. Maybe that will be next generation that will have me scratching my head considering spending money, yet again.

MT

Default Done!

Finally! After a freaking month since I ordered it, my PowerPro finally arrived and I installed last night. I ordered and wanted it before we went to Vegas for the meet, but no luck. It was still a PITA to install due to the location of the plug-ins and caution not to damage anything. The control box is about x3 larger than the old FI2000 and I had to re-route the negative power cable to make room for it.

With the PowerPro, the engine runs smoother and the bike seems quicker. I reached +70 mph from dead stop to a checkpoint at top of a hill where I normally check my speed. This compared to 60-65 mph on the old FI2000R I had installed. Not running as rich. No time for the open road yet, but she just keeps pulling when the throttle is opened up.
    There is never enough time to ride!

-Polartek
    Last edited by polartek; 10-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Another happy chap! I know this is a review thread but has anyone had the time to do a quick how to install? I've not got fuel management as of yet but will be buying the power pro most people say its an easy install but only if you know how, unless the installation instructions that come with it are good enough? Anyways glad to see this cobra is putting smiles on miles

Default Will work for beer...

Quote Originally Posted by lennon View Post
    ...I've not got fuel management as of yet but will be buying the power pro most people say its an easy install but only if you know how, unless the installation instructions that come with it are good enough?
    The Cobra instructions are OK. Having the service manual around is a plus too. If you are used to tearing things apart and putting them back together again (I have worked on laptops and grew up around MCs) then you should be OK. If not, then check for other owners in your neck of the woods for assistance. Beer is always appreciated.

-Polartek

Quote Originally Posted by lennon View Post
    Another happy chap! I know this is a review thread but has anyone had the time to do a quick how to install? I've not got fuel management as of yet but will be buying the power pro most people say its an easy install but only if you know how, unless the installation instructions that come with it are good enough? Anyways glad to see this cobra is putting smiles on miles
    Look in the how-to section for FI2000R install. It's the exact same install as the old unit.