Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    Need? You don't need any of these aftermarket things, until you start purchasing them. Then, as my title states, it (the need for mods) along with riding your bike, becomes an addiction.

Just turn off the computer and walk away. Get on your bike and ride it. Never come back and you won't know what you are missing.

Once you start, the lunacy begins. This thread is a great example of how we can go full tilt over obtaining every last measurable horsepower that this bike can produce.

Run away. Don't walk. You can plan and execute an exotic vacation with your significant other, or you can bolt stuff on your bike. Most of us here have, sadly, chosen the latter.

I have no regrets, though!

MT
    Oh, I already have a long list of future 'mods' for my 9, make no mistake about that. But my list (so far) is all 9 body related, not performance related. Let's see, mod #1 will either be scorpion tips or a Rainey Cannon. Also on that list are chrome or custom wheels, chrome shaft drive cover and chrome fork covers. And that's leaving out all of the smaller items.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by g9r View Post
    Oh, I already have a long list of future 'mods' for my 9, make no mistake about that. But my list (so far) is all 9 body related, not performance related. Let's see, mod #1 will either be scorpion tips or a Rainey Cannon. Also on that list are chrome or custom wheels, chrome shaft drive cover and chrome fork covers. And that's leaving out all of the smaller items.

I have a Rainey Cannon on the way and I believe you should classify that one under "performance," even though it is one of the best looking pipes, too. And, once you put that on, you will want to get some K & Ns on your bike under your covers and get in line for one of these PowerPro units--that way you can take full advantage of the performance potential of Rainey's pipes.

So, yeah, you're doomed, Dude.
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Alright! Just received confirmation that mine is on the way from Phat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Alright! Just received confirmation that mine is on the way from Phat.
    Looking forward to reading your feedback also.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Looking forward to reading your feedback also.
    Tn4 sir. Hopefully it will be on next week sometime.

wow ordered mine sunday and got shipping info today it will be here on the 15th.man i cant wait
    Last edited by cloud9; 10-01-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    CHRISPIN

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    wow ordered mine sunday and got shippinf info today it will be here on the 15th.man i cant wait
    Where did you find it?
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Where did you find it?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT
    ordered mine from gm-cycles on ebay $499.95 on 9/11/11 and got it today 9/16/11 .very fast shipping im on happy puppy right cant wait till morning to get her on. they originally said the expected delivery date was 15 but it showed up today.
    CHRISPIN

Very Active Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT
    ordered mine from gm-cycles on ebay $499.95 on 9/11/11 and got it today 9/16/11 .very fast shipping im on happy puppy right cant wait till morning to get her on. they originally said the expected delivery date was 15 but it showed up today.
    Just keep rubbing it in. G-Man is on my looser company list. See here for reason. https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1527890

Oh well. All good things come in time, and patience makes the heart grow fonder.

MT

lol. sorry bro just a whole lot excited.hope you get urs soon
    CHRISPIN

Very Active Member

lol. sorry bro just a whole lot excited.hope you get urs soon

No worries. I want you to rub it in some more tomorrow after you've been out on a ride. And if you can't tell any difference, Then....I'm not sure if I want to hear that, or just want to keep on believin. I'm sure you'll love it. Congrats on being one of the few lucky ones.

MT

No worries. I want you to rub it in some more tomorrow after you've been out on a ride. And if you can't tell any difference, Then....I'm not sure if I want to hear that, or just want to keep on believin. I'm sure you'll love it. Congrats on being one of the few lucky ones.

MT
    dont know if i will be able to not rub it in but i will try to go easy on yall.lol
    CHRISPIN

got a chance to put the powrpro on friday and rode it sat and all i can say is wow.you immediately feel the difference.no hesitation at all.responds to the slightest twist of the throttle.pushed it to 135mph and it was smooth as can be.at 135 twist it a little and like timbo said its like a turbo kicking in.before i would feel some hesitation.
    CHRISPIN

Got the PowrPro on tonight and went out and ran hard through the gears 4 or 5 times and all I can say is Bad to the Bone! If I didn't pull the front wheel off the ground in 3rd I bet you could've slid a credit card under it. It hits 2nd and 3rd like an automatic transmission with a racing shift kit in it. Very pleased. Who says this bike can't be fast with a sideburner on it!

Don't forget to pay attention to your fuel mileage. Strangely enough, it goes up!!!

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by antmor69 View Post
    Got the PowrPro on tonight and went out and ran hard through the gears 4 or 5 times and all I can say is Bad to the Bone! If I didn't pull the front wheel off the ground in 3rd I bet you could've slid a credit card under it. It hits 2nd and 3rd like an automatic transmission with a racing shift kit in it. Very pleased. Who says this bike can't be fast with a sideburner on it!
    man that things do wonders to the bike
    you got ur peg fillers ready to spark at the prowl
    CHRISPIN

man that things do wonders to the bike
    you got ur peg fillers ready to spark at the prowl
    Yeah, I'm ready for the prowl Chris. Gonna be some good times!

Very Active Member

Got mine today. Hoping to install tomorrow. Can hardly wait. Won't be long before there are not only anecdotal tales of huge butt dyno results, but also stories of diminishing cholesterol points and magically whiter teeth, too.

I wish I had more time. There is a place here that advertises on their web dyno pulls for $20. I would like to go down and do a run before with the FI2000 and then compare to the newest Hogwarts CVT model. But, then I would be forking over another $40 for the sake of science, peace of mind and bragging rights, when the whole idea of this thing was to not have to put the bike on the dyno. Yeah, I think I'll stick with happy butt and white teeth.

MT

Ordered mine a couple of days ago. I had no idea that this thread went back so far with the anticipation, I hadn't even heard about it until the other day.

I had my bike dyno tuned in Laconia over two years ago and since then I've changed pipes as well as changed continents (climate, altitude, accent...) so I was thinking about hitting up a dyno down here. Now that this little ditty is on the market I'm quite excited about not dumping my money after every engine mod I do. Can't wait! It's more exciting than Christmas... Hopefully it arrives before then. HAHAHA

they are shipping mine out today....im stoked
    Stav

Default How To ?

Does anyone have a "How To" on this yet ?
    Hopefully it's as simple as it sounds :)
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    Its so simple, just plug in a couple of plugs up on the throttle bodies and hook the ground up. It took less than an hour to install. I put mine in a few days ago and it does wonders.
    Burple, Goldwing intake mod, Vrod exhaust mod with supertrapp baffle mod, K&N filters, LE tail light, debeavered, Lowered, ARTE, Fi2000 auto tune, and tons of other mods!!!

Look in the How-To section for FI2000R install. Its the same install as the old unit.

DAMMIT, ive had mine installed since Tuesday. i go to work when its dark and raining,i come home when its still light out but its raining ! am i even gonna get this bike on the road when its both light outside and dry ?

F/N weather around here blows, we got cheated out of a full summer around here this year

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    they are shipping mine out today....im stoked
    Nice! I'm waiting to order mine mid winter. Wifey getting a little upset with me with all the spending I've been doing with my other hobby.
    FOUNDING MEMBER - PEG PRESERVATION SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogary View Post
    DAMMIT, ive had mine installed since Tuesday. i go to work when its dark and raining,i come home when its still light out but its raining ! am i even gonna get this bike on the road when its both light outside and dry ?

F/N weather around here blows, we got cheated out of a full summer around here this year
    I want to get out today for some more but the skies are a little threatening. I managed to make my hard runs through the gears last night without seeing any po-po. That kept going through my mind each time I passed 100mph.

But you do not have to pull the air box as many how to's tell you to do. It is tight on the front injector but it is do able.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

But you do not have to pull the air box as many how to's tell you to do. It is tight on the front injector but it is do able.
    Guys, the air box is easier than you think
    I have had it off several times
    Use some dish soap as lube on the air ducts to slide back on
    Get a long Philip screwdriver for the clamps

Think I will do an Air-Box step-by-step with lots of pictures

With a great fuel management system like this one. It deserves a complimentary installation

Long needle nose pliers (like a foot or more). No airbox removal required.

Are these in stock anywhere?
    Out of every one hundred men you send me, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make good the battle...... Ah, but the one....one is a warrior.... and he will bring the others back.” -Heraclitus