Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Powrpro Autotuner Review

How hard is the install on this? Anyone have a link to instructions?

I have a PC3 and I am thinking about moving to this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It's really easy Ian. Look up the install on a FI2000R. It is the same install.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Hi guys.
    I have looking after this amazing product, but it is backorder everywhere.
    Is there anybody knowing where I can buy one of this now?

Regards Håkan

How low can you go?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

So no exhaust O2 sensor required to install?

2008 Grey M109R tach relocated, lowered 2", 250 back tire, 2" riser extensions,Squirrel side mounted licence plate, Mini LED turn signal, Rifle windshield,Cobra swept exhaust, PCV and JSD-3M.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    So no exhaust O2 sensor required to install?
    No O2 sensor. It's plug and play.
    I have around 1500 miles with mine now and it just seems to get better and better. I wasn't impressed with the fuel mileage at first but that has also improved considerably. I've been over 40mpg on several tanks and no worse than 35mpg when really riding hard.
    Overall, I couldn't be happier.
    she s not quite stock.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by biscuitpimp View Post
    No O2 sensor. It's plug and play.
    I have around 1500 miles with mine now and it just seems to get better and better. I wasn't impressed with the fuel mileage at first but that has also improved considerably. I've been over 40mpg on several tanks and no worse than 35mpg when really riding hard.
    Overall, I couldn't be happier.
    Hmmm very interesting. Will have to look into it. I have a PCV and was going to get the autotune module, but have not done it yet due to to having to add the O2 sensor to the exhaust. I might have to get rid of my PCV now.

2008 Grey M109R tach relocated, lowered 2", 250 back tire, 2" riser extensions,Squirrel side mounted licence plate, Mini LED turn signal, Rifle windshield,Cobra swept exhaust, PCV and JSD-3M.

Hey Guys,

I have to agree, the unit is getting better and better. I went for a ride today, I went to 2 bars on my gauge and had gone a 155 miles, I filled up at 3.73, that's 41.55 mpg! I at this rate you could go over 200 miles on a tank if you had to. I know I keep saying this but my bike has never, never, never run this good!!!! I also stopped for a breaK this guy came over and started complimenting me on the 9, he's a BUSA rider and was amazed about the bike. He even asked me if he could take some pics of her. He took about 12 pictures we talked a good while, and at the end he said he was going to get a 9!!! This was a very good day!!!
    C-One
    Army of One
    SFC, Retired, Signal Corp.
    "Jesus is LORD!!!"
    " I'm Gods child and a Jesus kind of man"

Im not posting any sheets with this but I can tell you that a month and a hlf ago I put my bike on the dyno with my PCIII. Last week I put the cobra Power pro on and put it back on the dyno. A different dyno. My numbers were exactly the same as they were with the PC. The bike seems to be so much smoother with the cobra. The reason I bought the cobra was to cut down on dyno cost. I have been running the Raw Superheader. 2 1/4" head pipes. Yesterday I put the McCoy Supertrapp on the bike that I just recently bought from HyperPete. Man It sure feels lik there is a good difference. I hit the rev limiter so much faster. That is the advantage of the cobra for me. I didnt loose any power from a so called perfect tune from being on the dyno and I can mod away with out having to go get tuned! I just Go!!!!
    I think its an excellent Unit!!!
    Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

Fast!!!

Default You guys are killing me!

I was just wrapping up my mods this summer...and now I want one! Aaaarrrgh! I hate you people!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrrobb View Post
    I was just wrapping up my mods this summer...and now I want one! Aaaarrrgh! I hate you people!
    But you guys don't have a wrap up to summer over there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
    Im not posting any sheets with this but I can tell you that a month and a hlf ago I put my bike on the dyno with my PCIII. Last week I put the cobra Power pro on and put it back on the dyno. A different dyno. My numbers were exactly the same as they were with the PC. The bike seems to be so much smoother with the cobra. The reason I bought the cobra was to cut down on dyno cost. I have been running the Raw Superheader. 2 1/4" head pipes. Yesterday I put the McCoy Supertrapp on the bike that I just recently bought from HyperPete. Man It sure feels lik there is a good difference. I hit the rev limiter so much faster. That is the advantage of the cobra for me. I didnt loose any power from a so called perfect tune from being on the dyno and I can mod away with out having to go get tuned! I just Go!!!!
    I think its an excellent Unit!!!
    While a dyno is great, it is limited in what it can tell you for the real world. I put mine on the dyno to make sure my AFR was good with the FI2000, money well spent. But, the dyno drum and the bike on the road are two diff animals.

While the torque and HP values from one tuner to the next may have been equal on the dyno, the new unit is checking for the proper fuel mixture (through crankshaft acceleration) for each and every fuel squirt. The PCIII can only provide fuel based on how it's been mapped. It can't really, in any meaningful way, change fuel delivery based on riding conditions.

I was curious how the new Cobra unit would do when I learned how it controlled fuel. It's not actually a new idea and Cobra didn't come up with it on their own. But, they are the first to apply it to an aftermarket bike controller. I think, based on the comments of users, that they may have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    But you guys don't have a wrap up to summer over there. :)
    True....what was I thinking?:dontknow

Just ordered mine today. Cobra said a new shipment will be sent out in a few weeks or so.
    Looking forward to testing this thing. I have a custom mapped PCIII in her right now. But was never really that happy with it, and I will be adding an exhaust soon, so this is the way to go !

Default Cobra Power Pro

Are we all discussing the new COBRA POWER PRO that sells for about $500.00 bucks? I was about to post an initial Thread asking which unit we felt was the best and there you guys were!
    I just want to make sure it is the same unit before I shell out that much!As well is the cheapest units from PHAT !
    Thanks and I want to order it ASAP then!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Global Maverick View Post
    Are we all discussing the new COBRA POWER PRO that sells for about $500.00 bucks? I was about to post an initial Thread asking which unit we felt was the best and there you guys were!
    I just want to make sure it is the same unit before I shell out that much!As well is the cheapest units from PHAT !
    Thanks and I want to order it ASAP then!
    Cheers!
    That's the one!

Smile

I have a C109rt and I ordered my powerpro yesterday. I suppose to receive it today so I can't wait to slap it on my bike. It would seem by what I am reading from your experiences that I have to up the RPM allot on the first few rides. Would this be correct?
    Thanks!

Hey Guys, Very disapointed in my PowerPro at moment. Just tried to install mine the other day and it keeps throwing the FI light. When I turn the bike on it blinks 3 times but when I start the bike it keeps blinking and throws the FI light! I think I got a dodgy one and I am going to ring Cobra about it tonight (my time).

Very Active Member

Well I put my powerpro on yesterday and have noticed a major improvement in performance. My fuel mileage has gone way up, I'll have actual numbers later, and the bike is way more responsive. There are a couple of flat spots, but I can feel them diminishing as I ride it more. I'm riding with Tornado's, V&H Bigshots, and an ATRE......she's a new beast!!!
    Mods...losing count.

Sorry to hear that. Would appreciate it to hear what they say.

Good luck. I will post my results when I have time to test it out. Cheers

Well I installed my PowerPro FI2000 last night. I have to say first off, it was a very easy install. I did not have any issues with codes, or lights. It started like a charm. The FI2000 did as per instructions.

I called Cobra after my install as I have heard that you have to whine through the gears at top RPM as soon as you can start moving with the bike. Cobra said that the FI2000 module will be in a better position to analyze the bike's potential by whinding through the gears several time.(at least three). But the problem was that live in a residential area. LOL. My neighbours would not appreciate the speeding in a 30 km zone I am sure of it. LOL.

It is sooo responsive, it's amazing. I did find though that my motor did sputter several times on the first three rounds of beating the crap of the gears

But now, I have seen it only do it once last night during my long ride. This was on first gear at high revs. But I will surely keep an eye out for it but I believe that it will disappear as I drive the bike.

The next mod would be my pipes. Not too sure if anyone has any recommendations. After my pipes are done, it will be my air intake.

It was worth the investment. Beleive me.

Cheers
    A proud C109RT Canadian owner

Very Active Member

I hate hearing all these good reports.

I don't need to spend money on a better processor.

It's not working. I need to spend money on a better processor.

MT
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Very Active Member southernmostm109r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post

MT
    Admitting to your total lack of self control is the first step to recovery.
    Then again it never worked very well for me. I'm buying one as soon as I can scrape together the $$$.
    2007 m109r Limited, Debeavered, Debadged, Metzler 260 & 130, Kuryakun Gripps, Boss,& Floorboars, Windvest Windshield, Ultimate Seat & CWI Backrest, Suzuki Engine Guard, & Drive Shaft Cover, Shayne Licence Plate Bracket, Brakeaway Cruise Control, HID Light Kit, Brake Light Modulator, Stebel Horn, Cycle House Leavers & Kicktand, GI PRO, Raw Design LED's, Ducks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post

MT
    Agree with mattsaddiction

kawzx7

Quote Originally Posted by Rainey5230 View Post
    This cobra FI2000 Powepro is amazing.
    What ever it said in introduciton.
    I still believe No O2 No real auto-tuning
    but I got say I wrong ~~~~

I finished install yesterday. and help my mate install his on VTX1800.

Them we went to test rode today.

it is like I use custom map in PC3 and Cannon 5".

when I used PC3 with big air kit and Cannon 5"
    My bike accelerate is fast then my friend V-MAX 2005 model year.

but today, I have same feel like before.

And my friend also said really fast then his PC3 .

I give it 5 star amazing~~~~~
    Cripes, for $500 USD it better be! Is that all in or is there more?

Default Anybody looking for a cobra powerpro fuel processor

I you are trying to find a cobra powerpro, COBRA has a 3 week back order, but i found one. Go online and write down the phone # to everyone that carries them and call them. I got lucky and found one on a self.

Quote Originally Posted by kawzx7 View Post
    Cripes, for $500 USD it better be! Is that all in or is there more?
    it is easy to install. so you can save money in install service.

No matter what kind pipe or air kit you mod. it can auto tuning.

No more dyno charge.

For me. when I create new pipe. I just install and testing it.

I don't need go to dyno shop.

Default Cobra F1/Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for all the info-Cobra it is then.Just got back from a trip and there was a ton of info.Now the trick is to find an available unit at the best price.
    Cheers!

Has anyone tried a dyno run, before and after installing this unit. I am wondering how it stacks up to the PC5 with auto tune. It seems like about the same price. I will install one or the other next summer.Trying to decide which is best.
    Live to ride

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
    Has anyone tried a dyno run, before and after installing this unit. I am wondering how it stacks up to the PC5 with auto tune. It seems like about the same price. I will install one or the other next summer.Trying to decide which is best.
    As far as dyno numbers, unless you are racing the bike at the track and chasing times....who cares. If the pc5 gives you 5 more horsepower, you will never know the difference. Get the cobra and be done with it. You don't have to have a bung welded in to your pipes and the reviews are glowing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    As far as dyno numbers, unless you are racing the bike at the track and chasing times....who cares. If the pc5 gives you 5 more horsepower, you will never know the difference. Get the cobra and be done with it. You don't have to have a bung welded in to your pipes and the reviews are glowing on it.
    Okay So has anyone done a comparison I'd the PC5 and Cobra? Curious.