M109R Front Rim on an M90 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M109R Front Rim on an M90

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy1042 View Post
    If I did that, and believe me I thought of it, there'd be nothing left of the rotor...
    Did you measure the edge of the rotor to nearest venting hole, keep in mind, you don't need to take 20mm off, you need to take 10mm or 0.397
    of an inch. overall if you end up with 290mm rotor surface without getting into the vent hole area of rotor surface, your good to go. I only have pictures to go by, and can't really tell if you have the 10mm of stock you'll
    need. A buddy of mine (racer) says even if you get into the vent hole area, you'll be fine, no different than the wave style rotors.
    just trying to help

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mezzio View Post
    a buddy of mine just mounted R1 calipers to his stock GSXR rotor.. he was able to find 10mm spacers for the calipers so he wouldn't have to change change anything else from here

http://www.twfracing.com/zparts.html

Maybe you could give them a call and see if they could fab something up... or maybe they already have something that would work with minor modification
    The mounts for the front calipers on the M90 are different than the M109R and the GSX-R.

What I'm having made are similar to the brackets in the photo below. These ones are for a Suzuki SV650, which I purchased in the hope they would work, but the holes on one side were a little off.

The mounts for the front calipers on the M90 are different than the M109R and the GSX-R.

What I'm having made are similar to the brackets in the photo below. These ones are for a Suzuki SV650, which I purchased in the hope they would work, but the holes on one side were a little off.

Ohhhh, right after I posted that I was gonna go look at the bike out in the garage... then decided to keep watching "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman instead
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 with a few mods

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by godzuki View Post
    Did you measure the edge of the rotor to nearest venting hole, keep in mind, you don't need to take 20mm off, you need to take 10mm or 0.397 of an inch. overall if you end up with 290mm rotor surface without getting into the vent hole area of rotor surface, your good to go. I only have pictures to go by, and can't really tell if you have the 10mm of stock you'll need. A buddy of mine (racer) says even if you get into the vent hole area, you'll be fine, no different than the wave style rotors.
    just trying to help
    10mm will go into the vent holes...pretty much all the way down to the bottom of the holes. I just don't think there would be enough of the rotor for the brake pads to grab on to.

10mm will go into the vent holes...pretty much all the way down to the bottom of the holes. I just don't think there would be enough of the rotor for the brake pads to grab on to.

I apologize for my smart ass remark earlier, I failed to check how the calipers were mounted before remarking, I just remember someone just swapped R1 rotors on to their GSXR and got those 10mm spacers, kind of a "oh, this guy needs 10mm spacers as well" kinda deal.

Having those brackets machined out shouldn't be too hard for soemone with CNC equipment to cut out. I have a ride to go to on Sat for the CVMA and will ask some of them if they know any machinists... you're not too far from where most of them live... if the only thing keeping the swap difficult is a way to mate up the rotors and calipers, maybe having a few sets machined out and anodized wouldn't be a bad idea to have up for sale in case other people want to do the same... I know I'd buy a set in the future since I've seen some sick wheels for the 109
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 with a few mods

Very Active Member

I was just trying to help without all the info, my bike runs and I can assure you, I'd already be riding if your situation was mine. Oh, was that
    a smartass response?? Just screwin with you....good luck and I truley hope your riding soon

Godzuki

Oh, I'm riding...just without my new rims. I appreciate the help though!

Default Foot brake

Oh, I'm riding...just without my new rims. I appreciate the help though!
    Could always do just rear brake with some foot break on the tire

Just got a call from my brother in law...brackets are done, so I'll be picking them up in the next few days when I'm off work. Hopefully they work!

Just got a call from my brother in law...brackets are done, so I'll be picking them up in the next few days when I'm off work. Hopefully they work!

Good luck mate .

Here's an idea....has anyone thought of trying on a C109 rim on a M90? It's a phat 16" rim and I'm sure it'll look good. The rotors look the same as a M90.

Just a thought.

Default Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Here's an idea....has anyone thought of trying on a C109 rim on a M90? It's a phat 16" rim and I'm sure it'll look good. The rotors look the same as a M90.

Just a thought.

But Pete we want the fancy contrast cut M109 Rims on the bike... so its the rotor and mount we just need to mock up.

I wonder what a M90 would look like with some of those C109 rims? That rear tire is a 240 as well, but only in a 16" rim. That would be one thick front and rear tire combo.

Just a thought.

Any update on the front wheel?

bump
    Google map of us Texas Riders here..https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...af082f63&msa=0
    [SOLD] 2009 M90 Lowered,GPS,8k HID,Bars,Chopped front turns, 240 E3, TRE, striped, SS Brake Lines, SideMount LP..... I will still stick around, and bring the Miata

Maybe he gave up and bought a 9?
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

No, still have the M90. I didn't get a chance to try and have the rims installed using the bracket I had machined for the front calipers. I'll have to wait until spring to see if it'll work.

No, still have the M90. I didn't get a chance to try and have the rims installed using the bracket I had machined for the front calipers. I'll have to wait until spring to see if it'll work.
    so after you do all of the hard work let me know the easy way to do it LOL
    Im about to go and pull the rubbers from my 90 wheel and install in the 9er rear rim....I think its something like a long screwdriver and some lube, should be a good ole time.
    Google map of us Texas Riders here..https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...af082f63&msa=0
    [SOLD] 2009 M90 Lowered,GPS,8k HID,Bars,Chopped front turns, 240 E3, TRE, striped, SS Brake Lines, SideMount LP..... I will still stick around, and bring the Miata

You could always just buy m109 forks.

Default Forks

Quote Originally Posted by tyh2o View Post
    You could always just buy m109 forks.
    I am looking at your forks I am worried with all the problems he has had now. It would be so nice to have the sick M109 rims on the M90 but so much work to make it happen.

Updates?!?!?! Tried to contact you several times regarding your shroud from Brazil brother. Check your PM
    What kind of rims did you get? Pictures? Good luck!

Hey Dep, I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get this sorted?