Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread" - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

Default M109r/M1800r from Sweden

mine gave 118.9Hk o 160.2Nm done not so bad against stock 111,2Hk o 135,5Nm and air-o noise and PCV without adjustment 114,8Hk o 154,4NmClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bromsning3.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	272274
    Cobra sweept pipes Baron XXL big suckers air filter Power Commander V
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bromsning3.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	272266  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    You don't need to adjust every map in an ecu. You might want to equalise the ignition maps which would only take a few minutes just so you don't need to use a tre.
    Tuning the secondary throttle plates to open at the correct speed to maintain air velocity may take a while, does anyone actually do this or just open them all the way? SAme for SET maps for those with OEM exhausts.
    You could mess with the cold start maps, the engine temp maps, altitude maps but do people really do this?

I meant the fuel maps... (speed density and Alpha N) nobody can adjust all of them.... in all the throttle positions in 3 hours from a super lean condition like what is shown in Pete's dyno chart....
    (this takes more than 3 weeks to do properly if you work on it every day and do nothing else with modern data logging equipment.

Creating the best sub-throttle maps also takes a few days of testing and should include a fair amount of seat time to get properly adjusted for response and feel... this needs to be done first before the fuel maps are fine tuned

I don't see there being much difference in tunes from one bike to another that has similar setups. 2-2 exhaust, 2-1 exhausts etc.
    But it is nice to know that your ecu is tuned perfectly for your bike even if you'd never feel the difference.

The owner of the M109R that is on my site says the difference is night and day in driveability and response compared to his previous stock ECU/TRE combo, with a high rpm pull that pulls noticeably harder and for longer than before the ECU was reprogrammed.

One thing I would like dyno runs to show is ACTUAL horse power. We only ever seem to get corrected numbers (which is fine for comparisons) but people at high altitudes always have way less power and they need to understand that you can't tune that power back, there just isn't the oxygen to do it...... well you could add a turbo!

Actual HP is uncorrected and will vary dramatically depending on the day (answer is for the many that don't understand)
    My dyno is actually a heartbreaker for many people... (reads lower HP than most of the Dynojet model 250's)

I can post some uncorrected #'s if people want to see them.

Ivan

Default Power Cmander only, first..

What about if i first buy and install PCV( ´cos money) and leave everything else original. Especially the pipes because all parts all very expensive here in Finland. Will i still be able to get more torq and better throttle etc even original pipes are too small? My bike is original and i really don´t like it under 3500rpm. Twitching in low rpm, as you know.

Was here anybody´s result in dyno, only with commarder?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you have twitchy throttle at low revs a TRE will help that lot.

Yeah, I've been thinking buying TRE but if I put PCV afterwards, isn't tre useless then? Or if it's not, what would be best order when buying and installing 1 at time?
    Tre, pc, air intake, pipes? Of course dyno every time.
    Last edited by tv79; 08-24-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv79 View Post
    Yeah, I've been thinking buying TRE but if I put PCV afterwards, isn't tre useless then? Or if it's not, what would be best order when buying and installing 1 at time?
    Tre, pc, air intake, pipes? Of course dyno every time.
    They do two different things. The TRE alters the timing, the PC-V alters the fuel.

You can install the TRE at any time. You need the PC-V after you do both pipes and intake. You can do either pipes or intake without adding fuel, but I think they run better even stock with a good tune.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    They do two different things. The TRE alters the timing, the PC-V alters the fuel.

You can install the TRE at any time. You need the PC-V after you do both pipes and intake. You can do either pipes or intake without adding fuel, but I think they run better even stock with a good tune.
    agreed, and U just a postin machine tonight, 2 so far

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Lol....

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    agreed, and U just a postin machine tonight, 2 so far
    Yeah, but they were both basically the same question. I can handle two posts like that.

Very Active Member

Default dyno results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	282929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	058.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	282937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	059.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	282945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	057.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	282953good numbers? looks like everybody else has better?.guy said solid #s.....sideburner,pcv,k&n thunder chargers

HP/Torque: 121.1Hp/ 115.6lbft

Year:

Mods:
    K&N air filters

Fuel management and settings:
    fuel/air ratio tune-up

Before and after differences:
    before tune-up 120.3HP/112.1lbft

Location of shop and prices to tune: Goes (Holland) $140 (Ruud Frederiks)

1/4 mile times: don't know

Additional comments, suggestions, and observations of your experience at the dyno: this was done in July, now she has Cobra swepped exhaust, Duck covers air filter covers (cutout skull) I closed the back side of the filter cases so only cool air gets in and I can already feel the difference, next wednesday I go back for a power commander install and re-map, lets see what she brings!!

Greetz mando
    Last edited by Mando; 11-13-2015 at 02:00 AM.

went back to the dyno and installed a power commander V and did the remap, this is the result:

HP/Torque:
    119.0 Hp/ 127.9 lbft

Year:

Mods:
    K&N air filters, Duck covers, Cobra exhaust

Fuel management and settings:
    Power commander V, remap

Before and after differences:
    only K&N air filters (tune up with Yoshibox) 121.1 HP/115.6 lbft, added Cobra exhaust and Duck airfilter covers 115.2 HP/121.0 lbft

Location of shop and prices to tune: Goes (Holland) $510 power commander included

1/4 mile times: don't know

Additional comments, suggestions, and observations of your experience at the dyno: exhaust and covers gave a power loss of 6 Hp but gained 5.4 lbft of torque!! question is if I should de-cat the standard exhaust and use that or stick with this set-up?
    Last edited by Mando; 11-13-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Default what do you say?

First at all. Friend of mine has a dyno for cars and we just tested for fun what we get. Results are computer´s calculated powers from motor ( for the cars), not from back tyre.
    Like your results from mcdynos!?! Those are real power from tire?
    But like i said, just for fun and see how the line goes.

Also we drove the dyno on 3rd gear, drivers mistake.

HP/Torque: 130,2HP / 106,7 lbft(144,6NM) (From backtyre 117,5hp/6722rpm, checked from computer)

Year: 2007

Mods: Power Commander V, Autotune, TRE, everything else stock

So, were is my torque? I mean if factory promises 125hp/160Nm and those results are power from motor... We had like 130hp/144Nm....
    I mean, after PCV they should be even near what factory promises, even they give little big bigger results than real...

But what you think next, V&H when i get enought money...

And little bit of topic, do they made slipper clutch for M109? had almost accident, because i don´t have gear indicator, and i put accidentally the first gear on while turning right on crossroad with too much speed so back tire went lock and i almost flip the bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_img_20160520_093624.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	325345
    Last edited by tv79; 06-17-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Default My 2011 Dyno Run (w/video)

Well, after I installed a pcV and some mods I decided to see where I am at. I basically wanted a baseline to decide if spending $500 on a tune is necessary. I got a map file from Latinrascal since our setups are very similar. I am pleased with the results, however I am running pretty lean according to the Dyno operator. Anyway, here are the results.....not too shabby considering the map is "generic" to my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by aqwik69dart View Post
    Well, after I installed a pcV and some mods I decided to see where I am at. I basically wanted a baseline to decide if spending $500 on a tune is necessary. I got a map file from Latinrascal since our setups are very similar. I am pleased with the results, however I am running pretty lean according to the Dyno operator. Anyway, here are the results.....not too shabby considering the map is "generic" to my bike.

I would of thought the TQ number would of been a bit higher. I regularly see them closer to the 100 range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2016 M109R BOSS

Bassani Pro Turnouts
    Baron's Big Air Kit
    PCV

Dyno tuned at Twin Performance Cycles in Garner NC

Healtech XTRE to be installed soon(it doesn't arrive until Monday&#128546

I see some pretty impressive numbers on this thread for the mods that have been done. I will take what I got out of mine as you can see by the pre-tune graph there was a horrible lean spot that had been eliminated via the tune.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I would of thought the TQ number would of been a bit higher. I regularly see them closer to the 100 range.

It's funny you say that.... I thought the exact same. I did notice that my max torque is actually 110.79 in the lower left corner of the screenshot but he marked my torque on the graph where Max hp is. I didn't ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by BKojac View Post
    2016 M109R BOSS

Bassani Pro Turnouts
    Baron's Big Air Kit
    PCV

Dyno tuned at Twin Performance Cycles in Garner NC

Healtech XTRE to be installed soon(it doesn't arrive until Monday&#128546

I see some pretty impressive numbers on this thread for the mods that have been done. I will take what I got out of mine as you can see by the pre-tune graph there was a horrible lean spot that had been eliminated via the tune.

Ok, that number sounds better. I just had never seen a TQ number that low with the mods. But Im no expert on these things or a Dyno either.
    It's funny you say that.... I thought the exact same. I did notice that my max torque is actually 110.79 in the lower left corner of the screenshot but he marked my torque on the graph where Max hp is. I didn't ask why.

IMHO, I would get that tuned. It might just be me but your a/f ratio would make me paranoid. That could easily adversely affect the torque. Not quite sure why the hp and tq are so far apart on this dyno but I by no means am a mechanic, just an avid wrencher.

2013 m109r 2500miles
    conical intakes
    cobra swept exhaust
    power commander v

before Dyno tune
    109.83hp
    110.51torque

after Dyno tune
    113.79hp
    112.52 torque

would have liked to do a stock run before I added things to see what bone stock was but couldn't. the shop did a great job and they said the map I had load was real close on a/f but they sill managed to gain me an extra 4hp and 2ft lbs of torque. wish it was a bit more, but the bike is much smoother now as well