N/A

Before and after differences:
    N/A

Location of shop and prices to tune:
    MCE Racing @ ThunderHill (Willows, CA) $40 for Three Runs

1/4 mile times:
    N/A

Video Here

California emissions causes the Air/Fuel to be crazy. A Fi2000 Should be taking care of that soon.

2011 M109R
    300/160 on black Coastal Moto RockStars, Cobra PowrPro, Freedom Perfomance Exhaust and hydraulic clutch.
    2012 Harley
    Nothing Stock!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

HP/Torque: 133hp/112 torque

Year:

Mods: Custom Exhaust, K&N High Flow Air Filters

Fuel management and settings: Fast Card, 16-32-54

Location of shop and prices to tune: Cycle Connections, Gaithersburg, MD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dyno.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	74012
    Last edited by Slimreefy; 06-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Lightbulb What is the best way to get max power for my 9? Pipes and commander???? What kind

I got a 07 everything still stock 25000 miles on it

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default short shifting

Have you tried a TRE it will help..a lot

What Settings do you have by Acceleration Pump with PCV ?

Mines a 2012 model with 2300km on it when it was tuned a couple of weeks ago. It runs a Revo Cannon 5" exhaust with LA Choppers xXx air cleaners and a power commander 5 with a dual map custom tune. It pulled 126.5hp and 120nm at the wheels. Biiiig improvement down low too. It pulls like a freight train now!!!! The dyno readout here is corrected too. Very happy with the results.

Name:	Dyno Printout.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	77295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019 (2).jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	77296
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019 (2) [1280x768].jpg 
Views:	221 
ID:	77293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno Printout [1280x768].jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	77294  
    Last edited by Tomez; 11-17-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomez View Post
    Mines a 2012 model with 2300km on it when it was tuned a couple of weeks ago. It runs a Revo Cannon 5" exhaust with LA Choppers xXx air cleaners and a power commander 5 with a dual map custom tune. It pulled 126.5hp and 120nm at the wheels. Biiiig improvement down low too. It pulls like a freight train now!!!! The dyno readout here is corrected too. Very happy with the results.

Name:	Dyno Printout.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	77295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019 (2).jpg 
Views:	451 
ID:	77296
    Very impressive Numbers. Thanks for the post and explaining your setup. I love my Cannon, too.
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod76 View Post
    I got a 07 everything still stock 25000 miles on it
    Your question would be better served by starting a new thread in this "Shop Talk" forum. As this "Dyno Results" thread is a "sticky," which means it will always be at the top of the threads, and is primarily for the purpose of sharing members' dyno results, with their specific mods, you have asked a question instead of posting your dyno results, or commenting and/or posing a question about member's specific post.

By the Way, welcome to the Board!

There is a ton of information here and using the search feature will provide hours of relevant material to digest. Many members have found using Google and adding M109riders to your search will do a better job of finding the threads that you're after than our internal search engine.

Good luck and ride safe.

MATT
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by artvox View Post
    What Settings do you have by Acceleration Pump with PCV ?
    What and who are you asking?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    Your question would be better served by starting a new thread in this "Shop Talk" forum. As this "Dyno Results" thread is a "sticky," which means it will always be at the top of the threads, and is primarily for the purpose of sharing members' dyno results, with their specific mods, you have asked a question instead of posting your dyno results, or commenting and/or posing a question about member's specific post.

By the Way, welcome to the Board!

There is a ton of information here and using the search feature will provide hours of relevant material to digest. Many members have found using Google and adding M109riders to your search will do a better job of finding the threads that you're after than our internal search engine.

Good luck and ride safe.

MATT
    Now, there's a great idea LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    What and who are you asking?
    accelerator pump of PC5

Some Racers have selected the following:
    75% Sensitivity
    20% Fuel Increase
    15 Engine Revolutions

Some Street Riders have selected:
    90% Sensitivity
    15% Fuel Increase
    20 Engine Revolutions

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by artvox View Post
    accelerator pump of PC5

Some Racers have selected the following:
    75% Sensitivity
    20% Fuel Increase
    15 Engine Revolutions

Some Street Riders have selected:
    90% Sensitivity
    15% Fuel Increase
    20 Engine Revolutions
    Okay, I see. I don't use a PC5, so I had never heard of that until now. Perhaps if you reply to a specific post, or identify the person who you are asking by name, you may get a response to that question. But, because there are dozens of members on this thread that have posted their dyno results, no one know which one you are inquiring about.

OK, but with a PC III deals even if you will download the update !

Default MAP for PC3

HI Guys,

I bought my bike second hand and the bike has been back firing like crazy. The summer is around the corner and i would like to fix this problem.

Year: 2008

Mods: Cobra Exhaust, K&N High Flow Air Filters, PC3

Does anyone have a map they can share with me so i can try it.

Thank you,

Name:	IMG_6137.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	84754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliff M109Rresize.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	84755  

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by ticrazy05 View Post
    HI Guys,

I bought my bike second hand and the bike has been back firing like crazy. The summer is around the corner and i would like to fix this problem.

Year: 2008

Mods: Cobra Exhaust, K&N High Flow Air Filters, PC3

Does anyone have a map they can share with me so i can try it.

Thank you,
    These will get you close but you should really just schedule some
    dyno time for a custom map.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dl=187&yr=2008

Default Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2013

Horst Power Performance is setup at SBB 4 Corners with their Dyno, here are my results:

Horse Power : 117 max
    Torque: 111

Mods
    Holly intakes with K&N filters
    Cobra Speedster Longs
    Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Controller (3 pots version) - settings were 2-3-2, running lean at 1/4 throttle

I'm happy with the results, not sure if I'm going to make any adjustments

Bone Stock

Name:	Document-_zpsa3fa8137.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	87967

Looking to get exhaust first, haven't figured out which exhaust makes the most power, had hoped this thread would help, but not really...

Power: 137.8 [email protected]
    Torque: 132 [email protected] rpm
    2013- 1300km
    Proper run in. Shortened Nascar pipes by Tornado. TFI. Air filter mods.

Name:	20130722_214520.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	88716  

Quote Originally Posted by sharkwhisperer View Post
    Power: 137.8 [email protected]
    Torque: 132 [email protected] rpm
    2013- 1300km
    Proper run in. Shortened Nascar pipes by Tornado. TFI. Air filter mods.
    I dunno. Something about that graph looks wierd. Torque doesn't normally climb like that and peak so high. It normally peaks in the midrange. It might be right, it just doesn't look right.

I thought Torque and HP always crossed at 5252 (by definition.)

They are equal at 5252 anytime, by definition. It is a units conversion, in converting work (lbft) per unit of time (rpm), which is power(in terms of hp)
    Calculating Braking Torque:
    Full-load motor torque is calculated to determine the required braking torque of a motor.
    To Determine braking torque of a motor, apply this formula:
    T = 5252 x HP
    rpm

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...wer_vs_torque/

Because torque and rpm are divided by 5252, torque and horsepower are always equal at 5252 rpm. If you solve the equation at 5252 rpm, the rpm value cancels out, leaving horsepower equal to torque. If you plot torque and horsepower curves on a graph, the lines will always cross at 5250 rpm (rounded off). If they don't, the curve is undoubtedly bogus.
    Last edited by HyperPete; 07-22-2013 at 05:41 PM.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    I thought Torque and HP always crossed at 5252 (by definition.)

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...wer_vs_torque/
    I think the problem with that graph is it's HP vs metric torque. The same 5252 wouldn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    I think the problem with that graph is it's HP vs metric torque. The same 5252 wouldn't apply.
    Using metric units, the unit conversion constant is 9549, not 5252 like it was when pound-feet and horsepower were being used. This means that a graph of power and torque versus revs using metric units would have crossing curves at 9549RPM instead of 5252RPM.

Power-Torque
    Torque (lb.in) = 63,025 x Power (HP) / Speed (RPM)
    Power (HP) = Torque (lb.in) x Speed (RPM) / 63,025
    Torque (N.m) = 9.5488 x Power (kW) / Speed (RPM)
    Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488
    Last edited by HyperPete; 07-22-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Thumbs up Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

Hi Guys,

I'm the new kid "Herk" on the block here at M109Riders.com but not new to riding of over forty five years. I will be doing a dyno & custom map setting this Friday, November 15 on my M109R @ Sabin Performance in Dallas Texas.

Even with the items listed below on the bike and running it on the stock/factory map settings the bike ran perfect with no hesitation or backfiring. I did notice it had considerately more torque in the 3rd, 4th & 5th gears while cruising at slower speeds after installing the Forcewinder intakes. The shop that is going to do the PCV FI set-up is also going to save the original factory map setting so I can transfer them to the PCV computer software to reuse during the winter months should I want to re-install the stock intakes back on the bike due to wet/winter seasonal weather riding. I've recently tore down the bike to perform a series of basic maintenance checks and replacement of certain items like the spark plugs, throttle body, air box and inlet tube cleaning, electrical connection inspection and contact grease, etc.... Of course (all) fluids have been changed (except fork oil) including some new tires.

Suzuki 2007 M109R
    Current Miles: 5400
    Exhaust System: Pro Roadburner Pro 3" Drag Pipes (long)
    Intake System: Forcewinder Billet Cones
    FI: Powercommander V
    FI: ATRE

I will post the dyno results of the new PCV mapping soon after the appointment. Sabin Performance with over thirty five years of experience will map each cylinder and to the individual gear/speed ratios hopefully in three pulls. I'm excited to do this regardless of the results, the bike is absolutely amazing as it is.

Very Active Member

First, welcome to the forum. You will really like the way it feels when they are done. It definitely is an amazing bike and a head turner with tons of power.

Hi welcome to the forum. It's a great place to get information.

One thing that I haven't been able to find is a map to match my bike.

Would you be able to send me the file once you get it done? My bike backfires a lot and the smell of gas in my garage when I park at night is terrible.

Send me a message.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Herk View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm the new kid "Herk" on the block here at M109Riders.com but not new to riding of over forty five years. I will be doing a dyno & custom map setting this Friday, November 15 on my M109R @ Sabin Performance in Dallas Texas.

Even with the items listed below on the bike and running it on the stock/factory map settings the bike ran perfect with no hesitation or backfiring. I did notice it had considerately more torque in the 3rd, 4th & 5th gears while cruising at slower speeds after installing the Forcewinder intakes. The shop that is going to do the PCV FI set-up is also going to save the original factory map setting so I can transfer them to the PCV computer software to reuse during the winter months should I want to re-install the stock intakes back on the bike due to wet/winter seasonal weather riding. I've recently tore down the bike to perform a series of basic maintenance checks and replacement of certain items like the spark plugs, throttle body, air box and inlet tube cleaning, electrical connection inspection and contact grease, etc.... Of course (all) fluids have been changed (except fork oil) including some new tires.

Suzuki 2007 M109R

I will post the dyno results of the new PCV mapping soon after the appointment. Sabin Performance with over thirty five years of experience will map each cylinder and to the individual gear/speed ratios hopefully in three pulls. I'm excited to do this regardless of the results, the bike is absolutely amazing as it is.

Default Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

Suzuki 2007 M109R

The bike was dyno tested with a 260 rear tire on a STD system at Sabin Performance in Dallas. We know the air/fuel mixture was running rich (off the chart over 18.00 at low end. Our goal was to get the air/fuel to approximately 13.5 across the RPM range after 3500 for smoother performance and better fuel economy at cruising 3500 (mid range) RPM. The results were a respectable 112.41 HP / 111.01 Torque.

Name:	Dyna Reading 001.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	114033
    We performed quite a few runs/pulls, the chart above shows the end results of mapping out both cylinders.
    Last edited by Herk; 11-15-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add infromation

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herk View Post
    Suzuki 2007 M109R

The bike was dyno tested with a 260 rear tire on a STD system at Sabin Performance in Dallas. We know the air/fuel mixture was running rich (off the chart over 18.00 at low end. Our goal was to get the air/fuel to approximately 13.5 across the RPM range after 3500 for smoother performance and better fuel economy at cruising 3500 (mid range) RPM. The results were a respectable 112.41 HP / 111.01 Torque.

Name:	Dyna Reading 001.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	114033
    We performed quite a few runs/pulls, the chart above shows the end results of mapping out both cylinders.

Nice, Thanks for posting up the numbers with your mods. Your Air Fuel mixture when it was at 18 was off the chart, but not rich, LEAN. Even dangerously so. The A/F mixture is parts air to fuel. The higher the number, the greater the oxygen mixture ratio to fuel, thus more lean. 14.7:1 is supposed to be the ideal stoichiometric air fuel ratio. But, there are many factors that can affect the power production, and therefore often the most HP isn't exactly 14.7:1. That is why a dyno is necessary to dial in the maximum HP. Otherwise, one could theoretically just dial in the 14.7:1 ratio and be done. It has been shown here on this forum and in this thread, that the Cobra PowerPro when put on a dyno, the AF was consistently a little lean. What that may reflect (due to the fact that the PP is supposedly tuning based on crank speed) that that particular 109, in that particular climate, elevation, temperature, etc, was making more power running leaner than the so called "perfect" 14.7:1 AF ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Hey just wondering, with all the mods done are your bikes as smooth to ride as when before the mods? My one is a bit rattly up till 2300rm just vibrates under torque if you try and pull away to over take a car, finding having to shift down a gear so its smoother,
    Replace your motor mounts. Just did mine! Same symptoms and now are gone.

Did my first dyno run today.

2011 - Cannon 6", Ducks, Fi2000

rwhp - 123
    rwtq - 117

The graph was all over the place for A/F, it looked like a roller coaster. At 2981 rpm my CO jumped to 8.4, at 3454 it was 10.2, at 4453 it plummeted to 2.4, at 4935 it was 2.0 and then immediately jumped to 8.5 at 5437. Every time it went fat the HP dropped like a stone. The decel backfires were pretty impressive too, they shot flames out of the exhaust a good 7-8 inches. I actually caught two of them on video :)

The dyno guys were very surprised with outcome of the run, and not in a good way. I do have a Power Commander 5 that I might hook up and run on the dyno again, maybe next weekend.

2011 M109R - no longer stock and no longer running

Very Active Member

Forty9r, do you have the PowrPro or the tri-pot FI2000?