Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread" - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker View Post
    Hey Topher
    How ya like the ride now Bro? Ain't it a hoot to hit the bottle. I'm gonna have to refill mine before I go to the track just from having fun on the hwy. Congrats.
    If you have the readout of the fuel curve that might help a bit.
    Bob

Like a rocket! I'm using 2 10oz bottles so I don't get much NOS time. I'll probably get a bigger bottle so I can have more playtime!
    Chris(Topher)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Dyno Shootout FI2000 vs. PowerPro

This is a copy of another thread. It's being posted here as well for preservation purposes.

To start with, I was not unhappy with the FI2000 that was on the bike. It made good HP/TQ numbers and the AFR was acceptable. But, I did pay to have it dyno tuned, most don't. The settings ended up at 2 - 2.5 - 0. My goal was to compare a dyno tuned FI2000 to the PowerPro on the dyno to see any differences between them.

My goal was to get a baseline dyno number on the FI2000 and then switch it out and dyno the PowerPro the same day within just a short time span between. That proved to be a mistake since the PowerPro didn't care for the dyno at first. It needed to be ridden for a bit to adjust to the bike. Running it on the dyno did not allow it to adjust itself properly. It did all sorts of weird things after about 4500 RPM. So, I abandoned that idea and rode it for awhile before I put it back on.

When I did get it back on, it performed very well. The chart below is the comparison between the dyno tuned FI2000 (from Jan 2011 - .003) and the PowerPro (Nov 2011 - .015). The HP/TQ numbers/curves are virtually identical. Don't pay attention to the lower HP number on the PowerPro. He just didn't rap the motor out as high so the HP number is a few down. The HP was following the old curve so I do not expect that there would be any diff in the numbers at 6700 RPM which is where he cut it off on the prior run.

The PowerPro did produce slightly more torque (122 versus 121) but I'm going to call that a statistical wash.

The real diff between the controllers came in the AFR numbers. The ProwerPro ran slightly leaner than the FI2000. This is pretty predicable since it's not using AFR as a reference, only crankshaft acceleration. This would coincide with the reports of slightly better gas mileage with the PowerPro versus other controllers.

What can I conclude from this? The PowerPro makes as good HP/TQ as a dyno-tuned FI2000. I think it wrung just as much out of the engine as one can given the other mods (intake-pipe) present. Overall, I am impressed.

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

That 4000 rpm wide torque above 100 lb/ft just makes me love this bike. A Busa never even gets to 100 anywhere in its curve.
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker View Post
    That 4000 rpm wide torque above 100 lb/ft just makes me love this bike. A Busa never even gets to 100 anywhere in its curve.
    Yup. Having 100 lb/ft on tap at 2K RPM is kinda cool. Still having it at 6K is also neat.

I really do believe that dumping the secondary valves cost me some midrange torque but when I start really poring the coal to it I am hoping it will make up for it in top end.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

yes I agree the power of the beast is fenomenal, running PC3 custom exhaust, and a nice tune, i will be fitting the O2 sensors back on it it will make more power with them with a finer tune, any of you guys using anything to adjust ignition timing?

dont know if the pics worked before hope they do now,

They did work. I am using a GIPro TRE first and then a PCV ing timing module because of the nitrous. If your not using that then the TRE is most likely all you will need. Nice Numbers.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member BAD BOY M109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    It may have been a little too rich to make max power. Most will disagree with me but a little leaner can make more power until it gets too lean then power drops off and engine destruction begins (if run that way for a long while).
    like when a lawn mower starts to run out of gas it reaves up....
    BONE STOCK

Hey just wondering, with all the mods done are your bikes as smooth to ride as when before the mods? My one is a bit rattly up till 2300rm just vibrates under torque if you try and pull away to over take a car, finding having to shift down a gear so its smoother,

The bikes have a retarded timing curve built into them at the factory in the first 3 gears. The TRE makes the bike think it is in 4th gear with no retard or lowered rev limit. It will smooth out your power and increase torque in the lower gears. So yes it is better all around.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Default Nice thread!

I cant find my dyno sheet, but I remembner it was 114.5 HP / 109.5 Ft Lbs torque. My best time at a local track, 1/8 mile was 7.569 @ 92.51 MPH. I took first place, (Cruisers only race, no turbo's, nitrous allowed, and street tires only) and ran against everything except a V-Rod! There was even one guy there on a Triamph Rocket III, with a SUPERCHARGER! I actually beat him several times, until he got that beast dialed in anyway. He was really screaming as he crossed the 1/8 mile stripe...wouldnt even want to line up against him in the 1/4. I talked to the guys that worked on his bike, and he reportedly had 225 ft lb of torque at the back wheel! Makes me think someone needs to develop a SC for the 9!

LG
    www.myspace.com/1bad9
    Burple 06, 250 Dunlap , 2" bones, polished rims, Rifle shield, PC III, TRE, Purple led's, Edelbrock filters, Jutah mod, 2" risers, Kuraken grips & front signals, side mount tag, Black (Nite Shades) tail light, Raw design turn/stop lights, custom speedo/tach back plates, ROLL TIDE ROLL ! Do it Again in 2010 !

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Hey just wondering, with all the mods done are your bikes as smooth to ride as when before the mods? My one is a bit rattly up till 2300rm just vibrates under torque if you try and pull away to over take a car, finding having to shift down a gear so its smoother,
    I dunno that any of them are smooth under 3K RPM, stock or modded. Mine vibrates like a paint shaker if I wick it on at low revs. Part of it's charm.

must be my imagination then, it was a while back the gf and I wore on a holiday found a rental place that had a 09 LM M109, fell in love with the beast as I nearly lost here of the back seat several times hehe, so I got my one just presently I did think the rental was a little smoother, may have to have a ride on a new one again to compare,
    thanks on the reply TRod just got to have them revs up sure its smooth and sounds great up at the top end heheh,,

Quote Originally Posted by 1 BAD 9 View Post
    I cant find my dyno sheet, but I remembner it was 114.5 HP / 109.5 Ft Lbs torque. My best time at a local track, 1/8 mile was 7.569 @ 92.51 MPH. I took first place, (Cruisers only race, no turbo's, nitrous allowed, and street tires only) and ran against everything except a V-Rod! There was even one guy there on a Triamph Rocket III, with a SUPERCHARGER! I actually beat him several times, until he got that beast dialed in anyway. He was really screaming as he crossed the 1/8 mile stripe...wouldnt even want to line up against him in the 1/4. I talked to the guys that worked on his bike, and he reportedly had 225 ft lb of torque at the back wheel! Makes me think someone needs to develop a SC for the 9!

LG
    a SC for the 9 may prove to be a little to difficult without remodelling the entire crank case or modifying one of the cylinder heads in order to get the drive for the SC then you are faced with reliability problems like broken chain drives and snapped camshafts, the obvious other option is the turbo, and in todays age the high teck turbos on the market will be perfect with the electronically controlled variable veins and boost pressure control, can easily get 200hp at the wheel with out any turbo lag just a small turbo that spins really well,
    You haven’t ran a 1/4 ,i am curious to see wot times people get on 1/4 , i am planning to get my one to the 1/4 track as soon as i get my silly clutch problem fixed..

Default 166 MHP

NOW THAT"S IMPRESSIVE!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    So, have you found it fastest to run right up to redline before shifts?
    OK here is some hard core numbers for us to use
    Primary gear reduction 1.757 the following numbers will include the final drive ratio of 2.823 and a 25.5 inch tire on the speed
    First gear 10.84 speed at 7400 = 52 mph
    Second gear 6.91 speed at 7400 = 81 mph
    Third gear 5.13 speed at 7400 = 109 mph
    Fourth gear 4.09 speed at 7400 = 137 mph
    Fifth gear 3.38 speed at 7400 = 166 mph
    92 mph in third is 6600 rpm
    Hope that helps
    Bob
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.

"The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

Crank Weight is 43.4 lbs
    Balance shaft weight is 7.5 lbs
    total rotational crank weight is 50.9
    Factory 350 chevy forged crank is 51 lbs
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Default R&D trans with some real miles on it.

Here is the inside of Kens R&D Trans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trans 1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	56770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trans 2.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	56771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trans 3.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	56772  
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Default Huffs Trans thread for reference

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...ission-Rebuild
    This needs to be here for everyone to follow.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Default FI 2000 SETTINGS

can anybody post the correct settings for the cobra fi2000. i have cobra swept pipes with no baffles and stock air box. i will be doing some kinda intake mod later when i figure out what kind i want. for now i just need settings that are close and will improve driveability with my current setup.

u would think cobra would have this on their web site but they just tell u to use the factory settings. any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jsb33542 View Post
    can anybody post the correct settings for the cobra fi2000. i have cobra swept pipes with no baffles and stock air box. i will be doing some kinda intake mod later when i figure out what kind i want. for now i just need settings that are close and will improve driveability with my current setup.

u would think cobra would have this on their web site but they just tell u to use the factory settings. any help would be appreciated
    Each motor/mods is going to be different. Cobra gives you a starting place and then tells you how to go about making changes to it. With stock intakes, you aren't going to need much extra. Mine, with fully open intakes and Road Burner 2-2 only needed pots at 2 - 2.5 - 0 to make best power and good AFR.

Default Here's my specs

Name:  2011-12-15_21-35-33_802[1].jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  46.8 KB
    Ride it like you stole it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raynicole View Post
    Name:  2011-12-15_21-35-33_802[1].jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  46.8 KB
    Very nice. What mods you have?

Default mods

I have done quite a bit. Power commander, but the most impressive is the custom air intake my good friend Tony from southwest cycles in south Florida had done on the bike. I have Vance and hines pipes that were cut down with monster baffles a
    s far as performance goes. Braded steel brake and clutch lines to
    name a few upgrades.
    Last edited by raynicole; 01-23-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    Ride it like you stole it!

Default Got rid of the Cobra and went back to the PCIII

Friendly Yamaha here in BR has a Brand new state of the art Dyno. I put my bike on it right before Xmas. Now keep in mine Im running RC comp 10" and a 280 metz (alot more weight than stock). It ran 110hp and 108 tq. Recently I put a PCIII back on it and had a tune done by them. This bike is Strong!!!!!!

Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

Fast!!!

Very Active Member

I just got my bike dyno tuned last 4 days ago and the SAE was actually showing 1 more hp than the STD.
    To be honest I really don't understand that result or why we even have two standards.

In the old days you could fool the dyno's by flashing the rpms to the moon and hit the water hard. It would give a momentary spike in the power. Then after you played with the air temp, humidity, etc. you could come up with a big correction factor and instant 50 hp over what was real. SAE came out with a standard test procedure that calls for a set series of steps and a set standard for figuring corrections. It is a much more cheat proof std and usually shows a smaller number. Lots of shops will still use STD over SAE to pump up business.
    Bob
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member

Has anyone with Cobra swepts dynoed thier bike? In all the years I've been on this site I've never dyno numbers for these pipes....I'd like to see what they do....I'm sure others would too......

MOST OF THE DYNO SHEETS HERE ARE UNCORRECTED!!!!

TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER SHOULD READ "SAE SMOOTHING 5"
    2004 MSX109R - Screaming Egg Roll Edition - Custom carburetor intakes - Modified Carburetors - T3 Turbo - Custom JetKit - Custom 2-1-2-4 "Racing Exhaust" - Custom cam pulleys - Dubble Bubble Windshield - Frame Sliders - 24" Stretched Swingarm

Default TTS ROTREX SUPERCHARGER CONVERSION

Just started the final stages on our conversion. Will be back on it when I get a new clutch in it on Monday. But its looking promising. Although its a rudimentry map, it got us to the redline. The drive belt had bedded in and was a little slack so there will be more boost when I run it again. We pulled 10psi on this run but I would expect to see 14psi when I run again. For the street I will limit it to around 9psi. For the strip I think we could see 240 whp and 180ft.lb torque.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	73010