Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread" - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    Yep. Now you are starting to get into the benefits of variable valve timing and lift. The newer high performance autos are achieving the best of both worlds with this technology. For the rest, it's the new cam grinds at the expense of low end power. The track is really the only place where it's advantageous, unless you just want to say you have the most power.

MT
    Don't forget direct cylinder fuel injection. They pressurize the fuel to like over 2000 psi and inject it directly into the cylinder. They have nearly unlimited options (compared to in the intake injection) to modify when the combustion happens. It's helping them wring extra HP and mileage out of small motors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

There is a lot of power and inertia reduction sitting on the table with this bike.
    Get the weight down. The wheels weigh what 36 and 24 lbs some one said. The stock pipe has to weigh 50+ at least. Lightweight tires and wheels. Get rid of the rear fender assy and your down under 600 lbs I would guess. That takes a lot of pressure off the drivetrain.
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Very Active Member

That's what I expected.

Short shifting rarely is beneficial. People often forget about the fact that the even though power may be dropping off a little as you continue past the peak, it will be even lower when you shift and find yourself farther down in the opposite direction. A good rule of thumb has always been, when it stops pulling, shift. Now with modern technology and rev limiters, right before she gets cut off by the rev limiter is optimum.

MT
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Hey mods how about making this a sticky

This could supply a ton of info to those of us who race.
    Thanks bob
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

How do we make it a "sticky?"

PS Still looking for someone with some before and after with the new Cobra Power Pro.
    Im not posting any sheets with this but I can tell you that a month and a hlf ago I put my bike on the dyno with my PCIII. Last week I put the cobra Power pro on and put it back on the dyno. A different dyno. My numbers were exactly the same as they were with the PC. The bike seems to be so much smoother with the cobra. The reason I bought the cobra was to cut down on dyno cost. I have been running the Raw Superheader. 2 1/4" head pipes. Yesterday I put the McCoy Supertrapp on the bike that I just recently bought from HyperPete. Man It sure feels lik there is a good difference. I hit the rev limiter so much faster. That is the advantage of the cobra for me. I didnt loose any power from a so called perfect tune from being on the dyno and I can mod away with out having to go get tuned! I just Go!!!!
    I think its an excellent Unit!!!
    This sheet is from tuning in Dec 2010.

This was my best time last time at the track in March. Spinning was a problem. Im #34 the other is a buddy on a raider.

This is the pipe I bought from Pete. The sound and Performance of this shorty is awesome.
    Last edited by Boudreaux; 07-03-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Ride Sober Live Free!
    I am NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

Fast!!!

Very Active Member

Thanks for the info and opinion. That is some serious HP--146. And you got the same on a different dyno. Impressive. Thanks for posting.

MT
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Very cool kenny. The torque curve looks real choppy down low. The tale lies in the fuel curve on both if you have those and then maybe another time slip.
    I am charting my slips and times. My bike goes on the dyno this week and I will be at the track thursday to see if it made much difference.
    My best times so far are 60 foot. 1.771, 330 ft 4.910, 1/8 [email protected] I will be able to tell right away what the auto tune and quickshift did for me. Glad everyone is enjoying the cobra. Would have been cheaper for me but they said not to use it for what I was doing. No timing retard. Also the PCV will let me raise the rev limit in top gear to 8000.
    Bob
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member

Sweet! It's a sticky. now. Thanks guys and gals for all your interest and input. I think this will continue to develop into a nice thread.

When I get an extra hour or two I will do some searching and post some links to some older Dyno threads I've come across that were very interesting. In the mean time, if you find some or know of some relevant links, let's get them in here.

MT

Going on the dyno tomorrow at noon. 100 degrees here. Oh well. The tune oughta be a safe one at that heat. Anyway We decided to pull the secondary throttle valves. He does this to his race bikes and tunes the flat spot out. Also my air boxes are ported so I want to see what that does. Last we are adding the extra 500 rpm to the redline. Go Big or go home. Wish me luck. I will have pics and video to post.
    Bob
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker View Post
    Going on the dyno tomorrow at noon. 100 degrees here. Oh well. The tune oughta be a safe one at that heat. Anyway We decided to pull the secondary throttle valves. He does this to his race bikes and tunes the flat spot out. Also my air boxes are ported so I want to see what that does. Last we are adding the extra 500 rpm to the redline. Go Big or go home. Wish me luck. I will have pics and video to post.
    Bob

If you dyno that beast all the way to 8,000 rpm, we aught to see some really tall numbers. Hopefully you'll be able to get enough air in the cylinders to support that RPM. Can you explain what you mean by "my air boxes are ported?"

MT

Look at these, The whole inside of the housing is gone so there is no restriction to the pipe going up. And the air filter is a 95 Camero 350 on both sides cut down to fit inside. Lots bigger than the stocker. Also I am going to be doing a Ram Air system on this using my Edelbrock outer as a mold for the scoop.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member

Look at these, The whole inside of the housing is gone so there is no restriction to the pipe going up. And the air filter is a 95 Camero 350 on both sides cut down to fit inside. Lots bigger than the stocker. Also I am going to be doing a Ram Air system on this using my Edelbrock outer as a mold for the scoop.
    Interesting. So, are you willing to do a pull with a stock/uncut airbox with K&Ns and compare your handi work? Are you blocking off the back of the box and opening up the front cover, ie., Duck's?

Keep us posted.

MT

First I ran it like this, homemade Velocity Stacks, then I went to the edelbrocks. Some kind of Ram Air is coming, I am kicking around ideas right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	264373_226533454041323_217316821629653_842204_1468737_n.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	34772  
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

If we look at Kennys dyno sheet you will notice that at 7400 he is still climbing at a pretty good rate. If he had another 500 rpm he might peak. That is the difference with his motor haveing internal work done to increase air flow and rpm. I am only .25 seconds behind him i the 1/8 but a whole 6 mph behind. My bike is strong in the midrange but he is really pulling hard on top.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Just got off the Dyno. 119.37 HP at 6800 and 112.78 torque at 4400. Waiting for the video to download at you tube then I will post the pulls and the shifter. The shifter is set at .65 milliseconds for a shift. That ought to make up some time in ET. I will post the dyno sheet as soon as the printer talks to the new computer correctly. BTW it was 100 degrees in the dyno room when we did this and he use std and 3 smoothing. You can see the fuel curve on the screen in the video.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRXptn0hgI[/ame]
    Bob
    Last edited by Screamnyellozonker; 07-06-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Default Hot day at the drags

So Cal has been hit with a heat wave. The track surface was in the high 120's.
    That said I got a best time of [email protected] on a high 90+ day That is a pick up from a best of [email protected] on a 75 degree day. I lost a full .035 at the 330 ft and .077 on the 60 foot. The biggest thing I noticed is it spun like a teenager in his daddys corvette. I had to drop my launch from a best of 4500 down to 3500. And second gear at 7200 and a full throttle 65 millesecond shift gets me 20+ feet of rubber and a vicious kick to the right. The shifter worked awesome but I will have to go back on a cooler day to see like for like on track temps. The rubber was balling up on the launch pad. They had to sweep it almost everyother run. But all in all it was fun 12 runs and a bit of a faster et and speed. Lord I need some sticky tires.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Very Active Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. What tires are you thrashing at the moment?

All stock. The track was finally starting to come around when I left but I'm old and need my sleep.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

All stock. The track was finally starting to come around when I left but I'm old and need my sleep.
    Damn, no wonder you're burning rubber. Replace them with Metz and you'll be doing wheelies!
    Chris(Topher)

Default Quickshifter Pic

Here is a picture of the Quickshifter solenoid and My falling apart muffler packing. It was blowing past the outside edge. Makes me think It might be a bit small of a tube. I am going to see tomorrow if I can get the shop to make it more than only 2 1/4 inch in diameter sitting in a 4 inch tube. But tonight I am going to ride it wide open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quickshifteer.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	34976  
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

My baseline is [email protected] mph. That is what 119 hp and 112 tq gets me. Today was a good track and any more off the line it lifts the front tire pretty fast. So now it is time for the nitrous. Kennys bike makes 146 and 120 and runs [email protected]
    So 50 hp should get me hopefully 100 mph and very low 7's.
    I also know now without a doubt that my Cobra FI2000 makes almost exactly the same et and mph as the PC-V with the auto tune. Food for thought.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Here is a web site with tons of info and calculators.
    http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm
    Bob
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

cobra dragster pipes
    cobra fi2000
    xtreme revolution air cleaners
    113.79 hp 114.57 ft lbs torque
    I will post dyno after the nos kit is complete and changes i did

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crashskillz View Post
    cobra dragster pipes
    cobra fi2000
    xtreme revolution air cleaners
    113.79 hp 114.57 ft lbs torque
    I will post dyno after the nos kit is complete and changes i did
    Thanks for posting. Are the first two runs before any adjusting? Or with the F2000 set at 1, 2,1 or what? And what do you have the F2000 set at now? If so, those are some pretty significant gains. Interested because I am also running the F2000 and wonder how my butt is supposed to tell me how much to turn those little screws. I figure I could be off quite a bit and wouldn't know it.

Also, do you "feel" the bike runs better than before according to the "butt" dyno?

MT

Very Active Member

Had it dynoed by pro tech, at the Madera fair grounds last yr ,k&ns and a tre,113.30 rear wheel hp no torque spec and top speed was 159 @ 7400 rpm all stock.

How much nitrous are you planning on? And is it a dry or wet. I know there are guys here running much bigger numbers that we are posting right now. So Far Kenny is the fastest N/A motor and Bigeh is the top of the leader board as far as posted times go. Come on you closet racers Post up some big numbers so we have some info to learn from.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

How much nitrous are you planning on? And is it a dry or wet. I know there are guys here running much bigger numbers that we are posting right now. So Far Kenny is the fastest N/A motor and Bigeh is the top of the leader board as far as posted times go. Come on you closet racers Post up some big numbers so we have some info to learn from.
    i am running a wet shot i have a few different nozzles a friend of mine ran the same set up and wasclose to 190 hp with 160 ft lbs of torque. i am not sure his exact numbers
    i think to start i am gonna go smaller maybe a 40 hp increase and go from there

Thanks for posting. Are the first two runs before any adjusting? Or with the F2000 set at 1, 2,1 or what? And what do you have the F2000 set at now? If so, those are some pretty significant gains. Interested because I am also running the F2000 and wonder how my butt is supposed to tell me how much to turn those little screws. I figure I could be off quite a bit and wouldn't know it.

Also, do you "feel" the bike runs better than before according to the "butt" dyno?

MT
    the first two are before adjustments i will have to check what my numbers are on my f2000

Ok after talking to the guys at Dynojet. I am going to be adding an Ignition Module 6-81 for the M109 and C109. It will allow a +-10 degrees and will allow an extra 500 rpm to any gear. Going to dyno the bike next week with the new module and custom map then the nitrous map will go on. We are pulling the pump and making changes in the pressure regulator. Costs me for 2 tunes but it should be really safe when we hit the bottle to 8000 rpm at the mile.
    Last edited by Screamnyellozonker; 08-05-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty

Just got back from the Drags. Picked up a full MPH to 93 in the 1/8 tonight. The auto tune is really smoothing it out and making the quickshift transition less violent. So best aggrate numbers so far .415 r/t on a .400 light. 1.77 60ft, [email protected]
    Last edited by Screamnyellozonker; 08-07-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty