M109 Rider Forums banner

Okeene rattle snake hunt

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  R. Stew 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody interested in riding out to the snake hunt if the weather is nice ? this coming saturday

#2 · (Edited)
I don't approve of the killing of an animal just because it happened to be born in a particular form. Bunch of ******* fraidy cats in Oklahoma gotta kill snakes because they're ascared of them!

Hope someone gets bit by one of the critters whle your trying to shoot them.:bigthumbsup:

Hope their homes and properties are overrun with mice and rats because all of their predators were killed uselessly. ;-)

#3 ·
I don't approve of the killing of an animal just because it happened to be born in a particular form. Bunch of ******* fraidy cats in Oklahoma gotta kill snakes because they're ascared of them!

Hope someone gets bit by one of the critters whle your trying to shoot them.:bigthumbsup:

Hope their homes and properties are overrun with mice and rats because all of their predators were killed uselessly. ;-)
:agree::agree::agree::agree:
I have been raising and breeding reptiles for years and I could not have a lower opinion of those that do that crap!!!

#4 ·
Even though I live in Oklahoma now, for 41 years I lived on either the east or the west coast. When people there refer to Oklahoman's as hicks, hayseeds, and ********, one of the reasons is this stupidity right here.

I raised and bred snakes while I lived in California. California King Snakes and Milk Snakes. Also raised and bred my own rats and mice to feed the bunch of them my wife and I had. 17 not including little ones. Red Tail Boa Constrictors, Albino Burmese Python, Royal Python (ball python), Corn Snakes, King Snakes. And all the kids in the neighborhood used to come by just to see and hold them.:bigthumbsup:

All I really want now is a Florida Indigo. Illegal to own unless raised and bred in captivity. And scarce as their mating season is six months out-of-phase with all other snake breeds. But I'm looking.

#5 ·
snakes

Have ya ever been to this ? Have ya ever tasted it ? are ya a vegetarian ? I ve been one time and had to eat some just to see if I what it was like, it was very good, I am not sure how it works but when I was there I was told it was a contest to see who could catch the most snakes and after it was over they were released ? I have no idea, I have many snakes around here lots and lots of ringnecks and a few really large black snakes we catch em all the time, I ve even stopped in the street and got snakes and brought em home and turned em loose, if ya dont wanna ride out there just to go for a ride thats just fine too. :bigthumbsup:

#7 ·
Have ya ever been to this ? Have ya ever tasted it ? are ya a vegetarian ? I ve been one time and had to eat some just to see if I what it was like, it was very good, I am not sure how it works but when I was there I was told it was a contest to see who could catch the most snakes and after it was over they were released ? I have no idea, I have many snakes around here lots and lots of ringnecks and a few really large black snakes we catch em all the time, I ve even stopped in the street and got snakes and brought em home and turned em loose, if ya dont wanna ride out there just to go for a ride thats just fine too. :bigthumbsup:
I am not sure how this particular one works, but I personally have never heard of one that did not kill all the snakes in the end... Most of the time there are thousands of snakes caught thrown into a big pit on display, until they are needlessly slaughtered... Some of them are eaten, some are made into boots or belts and some are stuffed for decoration, but most are beheaded, for the enjoyment of the on lookers then discarded... Don't get me wrong I am not against to eating them, I have even tried it, but these events are the equivalent of shooting a deer just for the "sport" taking its head as a trophy and leaving the rest there to rot...

#6 ·
I love to watch the nature shows with all types of snakes. Love to see them at the zoo, and museums. As far as handling them, NEVER. I grew up on a farm, and we had snakes all over that kept the rats out of the corn cribs and such. Whenever possible, I avoid them. If I can't avoid them, and they are in my personal space (garage, etc.), sorry fellas, they must die.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.