Pipes

Thread: Pipes

Default Pipes

Ok, it's finally getting time to get the machine tuned up and get back to riding. One thing at the top of my wish list is a set of sideburner pipes. I have seen a couple of bikes locally with them on, and a couple for sale with these pipes. I'm putting a post on here in hopes that maybe one of those owners might decide they don't want the pipe, or that they are too loud and want to sell them.
    I've seen them for sale online, but shipping is a beast on pipes.
    I would be willing to pay outright for the pipes, or pay some cash and also trade my stockers (in near-new condition).

I might also entertain other aftermarket pipes, but really want to avoid any Cobras.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I would be more than happy to help you cut down your stockers if you decide to do something like the Raw Scorpion tips I have done...or just help you install whatever you decide to get bro.
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

Default Thanks

Thank you very much for the offer. I may have to take you up on it. Do you know if the powercommander type units are required? If not, do you know how to bypass the system to avoid the errorcode everyone talks about? I don't think I have the money for the powercommander plus the pipes.

The bike sat nearly dormant all last year due to a very hectic year. It's time to give it some serious use again. I also have a couple of projects for it that I never did as it sits bone stock. I have new grips and the Stebel horn I want to get installed. I want to do the horn a little different than most, though. I want to leave the regular horn live, disable the passing light button and instead use that button for the air horn.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes I know how to bypass it for the FI light

No a Power commander is not required when doing just pipes but is highly recommended when doing both pipes & air intakes (do just 1 and be ok but do both and you need a fuel system enhancement)

Wiring up the air horn the way you describe shouldn't be to hard.
    - Mntsnow -

That's a good idea about using the flash to pass, maybe consider leaving the flash part in the loop. A loud horn with a flashing light would get more attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    That's a good idea about using the flash to pass, maybe consider leaving the flash part in the loop. A loud horn with a flashing light would get more attention!
    Don't take the light out of the loop. I cycle the pass button and hold on the horn button if it is a real close call.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mntsnow View Post
    I would be more than happy to help you cut down your stockers if you decide to do something like the Raw Scorpion tips I have done...or just help you install whatever you decide to get bro.
    Hey, Snow, do you know how to shorten the stockers, as well? I like the look of the stock pipes, but think they're a bit too long!

I haven't shortened any of the stockers but if it's anything like doing the raw tips then it shouldn't be to bad to do
    - Mntsnow -

Default sideburners

If you wanna add the sideburners to gain H.P.,think about it twice.I put a set on mine with Xtreme air kit and cobra fi2000 and dynoed the damn thing.i actually lost an half horsepower but gained nearly 22 pounds of torque.I even baffled the pipe to give backpressure but it didn,t help.But i only have myself to blame since many posts had revealed those facts.But if you want good sounds,i rate it second,the first being Hacker,s.
    Attachment 32232

Quote Originally Posted by bart-0-niner View Post
    If you wanna add the sideburners to gain H.P.,think about it twice.I put a set on mine with Xtreme air kit and cobra fi2000 and dynoed the damn thing.i actually lost an half horsepower but gained nearly 22 pounds of torque.I even baffled the pipe to give backpressure but it didn,t help.But i only have myself to blame since many posts had revealed those facts.But if you want good sounds,i rate it second,the first being Hacker,s.
    Attachment 32232
    I'm not too concerned about HP. I'm not a racer, and this bike will already outrun anything any of my friends have. I mostly use it to commute. I'm solely looking for the sound and look of the pipes. For both of those, the Sideburners are the best I've seen. Unfortunately it's next to impossible to find a set for an affordable price. I'm now looking at the 'Large Radius' pipes. They look great, but can't find anyone that has actually used them that can tell me how they sound. From what I've heard on the sideburners, they remind me of an old 60's muscle car sound. Sweet.