Wendover in June???

Thread: Wendover in June???

Very Active Member

Default Wendover in June???

My buddy's dad is the curator for the Wendover Historic Airfield. They have an airshow out there every year, usually with a car show along with it. However, since Hill Air Force Base is having THEIR airshow the weekend that Wendover usually has their's (the last weekend in September), they are changing the date to June 25th. The Wendover mayor won't be able to do a car show in conjunction with the airshow with this change. My buddy had the idea of maybe having a bike show out there instead. He and I talked about it and thought maybe having a little ride (kinda like the MDA ride) out there, show off the bikes, watch a great airshow and have a good time. The problem we're running into is that we will both be out there already, and neither of us will be able to spearhead getting the ride together. What I'm looking to find out is how many of you would be interested in attending the show to show off your bikes? And, would any of you be interested in trying to get a ride organized?
    I know the 109 community isn't very big in Utah, but I don't ride a Hardley, so I thought I would ask someone that I have a common interest with to maybe start things rolling. Let me know what your thoughts are and I hope to see everybody out there. It's going to be a great time (and the proceeds go to benefit the rebuilding of the airfield).

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

June 25th huh.....I'll have to see what is on my schedule as well as the other groups I ride with and will mention it to them as well.
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

Any new info on this Dan?

btw did you see that they are doing the MDA ride this year on SUNDAY the 5th of june?
    - Mntsnow -

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I'm not sure if you are referring to me when you say Dan, but I am waiting to get the finalized info from the Airshow Crew as to how the bike show is going to work. I will let you know when I find anything out

Very Active Member

Default Ride to the Airshow

It looks like it is official! There will be a special pricing deal if you ride your bike to the Airshow. Here is a link to the info: http://www.wendoverairbase.com/Ride_to_the_show. If you've got any questions, let me know. I hope to see a bunch of 9's out there.

Sorry I had a fellow rider named Dan in another thread I was replying too as well and got things mixed up...

As for the Airshow I do know that the Harley Chapter I belong to and I am one of the road captains for is also headed to the show so now I have to decide which bike I plan on taking....
    - Mntsnow -