Skull Candy headphones PLeASE READ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skull Candy headphones PLeASE READ

Default Skull Candy headphones PLeASE READ

Ok so I got the new skullcandy headphones and they where like $50 bucks and I was riding yesterday and had them in and it broke off into my ear I almost thought I was going to have to go to the ER until my wife finally got it out but what is everyone using to listen to tunes while riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LE, Homemade chrome radiator grill DeBadged &Beaver, Stebel, Kury ISO Grips, Throttle Boss, Corbin seat & rear w/built in sissy bar, Homemade Led turnsignals front& rear, Modded stock exhaust, Kury floorboards,Arnott air ride, PC 3 ,ATRE, (Homemade intakes/key side plates/tag mount/blade mirrors)
    blade levers, Hid Headlight, passenger boards, 1+ riser, custom wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

awwww SNAPS !! literally never had that happen, but i also never bought 50$ skull candies, they were always like 10-15$
    but i know how ya feel, once i had got cotton stuck in my ear canal from a q-tip, it says not stick directly in the ear canal on the box but god damnit it feels sooo good ..
    CAPZ LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Very Active Member fire fighter 109's Avatar

I don’t like things stuck in my ears, so I put the regular IPod ear buds inside the helmet liner. These worked great for a long time. Then I got a new Helmet and wanted something better. So I got a set of Sony flat head phones, and broke the back piece off (the one that would go over your ear) then stuffed these inside the helmet liner. They work great. You don’t have to worry about them pressing on your ears, or coming out. The sound is just enough, and you can still hear things around you.
    Last edited by fire fighter 109; 01-26-2011 at 03:53 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default ultimate ears

I wear ultimate ears they are custom made with hi tech inbuilt speakers,they take a mould of both your ears and then make the earpieces,they are an exact fit mega comfy and i use them on my bike always.ipod on the 9 and plug in to my garmin 550 on the caponord when im touring.Cost me big money when i got them £176 but wow they are quality sound and when i was blasting through the mountains of Andorra in june listening to my tunes taking in the views they were worth every penny............

Very Active Member

i get my vibe off the roar of that 1800cc motor and stebel. sweet music to my ears.

Skull Candy is JUNK, I'll never buy another set of theirs. The left earbud stop working after one week and they keep falling out of my ears, even with a full face helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by germanchrome View Post
    i get my vibe off the roar of that 1800cc motor and stebel. sweet music to my ears.
    Yes but a 2-4 hour trip that sh$t gets old quick man

2008 LE, Homemade chrome radiator grill DeBadged &Beaver, Stebel, Kury ISO Grips, Throttle Boss, Corbin seat & rear w/built in sissy bar, Homemade Led turnsignals front& rear, Modded stock exhaust, Kury floorboards,Arnott air ride, PC 3 ,ATRE, (Homemade intakes/key side plates/tag mount/blade mirrors)

Been using them for years, never a problem.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I used the skull kandy headphones previously and am now using the Monster Jamz. They work really well and claim to be one of the most durable in ear headphones out. I wear a half helmet and have cobra dragsters and can still hear them very well.

fish

Quote Originally Posted by yellow109r View Post
    Yes but a 2-4 hour trip that sh$t gets old quick man

but judging by his avatar pic i bet he trailers

Quote Originally Posted by ixm01ws6 View Post
    but judging by his avatar pic i bet he trailers
    Wow really low man

let me guess you trailer too?

lol did you not see my jester smiley face? im joshin'

Very Active Member

Default ixm01ws6

in that photo,i was on my way to bike week in myrtle beach sc. a nine hour drive from baltimore md. after riding around for five days at bike week there was no way i was going to ride the 9 home. i admit im no iron butt rider. i did notice your jester and i was not offended.
    Last edited by germanchrome; 01-26-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Molded in Ear Buds, the only way to go. Been wearing them for years on long distance rides. Google Molded Ear Buds and pay the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ixm01ws6 View Post
    let me guess you trailer too?

lol did you not see my jester smiley face? im joshin'
    I guess on the Tapatalk app half of this stuff doesn't show up but I didn't see the jester sorry my bad

www.EARFUZE.com

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Talking

Ear fuze are crap!!!!!!

Get some real headphones.

Right now I use Shure sound isolating with foam inserts= 12 hours of comfortable wearing!

something like these

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shure+-+...48585&st=shure headphones&cp=1&lp=3

and I use these foams

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EA210M-Replacement-QuietSpot-Headsets/dp/B000F6573E/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1MD01Z395W5UU&colid =3NOB5C7HV1DMF[/ame]
    In truth Victory

Banned

I'm a Koss fan, myself, Always used their headphones at home, and they are awesome!!
    The Koss Sparkplug feature slow memory ear cushions that adapt to your individual ear size and shape.Once inserted in your ear they deliver a customized fit that filters the ambient noise while providing outstanding bass and treble clarity.

http://www.bikeintercom.com/products/Koss_Sparkplug.htm

Only $20

shures are no joke, they are amazing but can be pricey, i believe shures are what the artists use as their "ears" when they are singing on stage.

Skull candy has a lifetime warranty . I have 2 sets no issues and Currently I am using a set of Sony earbuds that control my ipod so I can change the song or lower the volume if needed . Sony npx 38 or something like that . About 40 bucks I think They sound great !

I got the EarFuze about a year ago and have ZERO complaints. Would buy them again in a heartbeat. Maybe not the best sound in the world, but are you going on a bike ride or a symphony

Quote Originally Posted by yellow109r View Post
    Ok so I got the new skullcandy headphones and they where like $50 bucks and I was riding yesterday and had them in and it broke off into my ear I almost thought I was going to have to go to the ER until my wife finally got it out but what is everyone using to listen to tunes while riding

I have just Started to listen to music while i ride , and i talked to a bunch of people on what to Use , i got rave reviews on the Skull candy brand so i had to Give Them a try ,i was out of town, and stopped at a local shopping center and Bought a pair ,,Broke the Stupid things Getting them out of the Package

I got them Replaced and hit the Road ,Worked Fine ,but nearly Ripped my Ears off taking My helmet off ,,,
    I have tried Many different kinds ,I just Don't think Ear buds are For me

So i got a Starcom System , i will let you know how that goes When i get some Saddle Time (speakers in the Helmet)

Very Active Member AirForce9ner's Avatar
    Currently stationed at Ft. Sam San Antone

How the heck do you guys hear anything with those buds stuffed in your ears? Between the buds and the pipes can you hear a car horn or sirens? Sorry, new rider and I respect the bike a little too much to think about music at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce9ner View Post
    How the heck do you guys hear anything with those buds stuffed in your ears? Between the buds and the pipes can you hear a car horn or sirens? Sorry, new rider and I respect the bike a little too much to think about music at the moment.
    Well u don't have to stuff them in and turn the music up to the max level but I can hear find

Yeah but you lose like a pair a week...BIG MONEY MAKER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nukeblade View Post
    Ear fuze are crap!!!!!!

Get some real headphones.

Right now I use Shure sound isolating with foam inserts= 12 hours of comfortable wearing!

something like these

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shure+-+...48585&st=shure headphones&cp=1&lp=3

and I use these foams

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EA210M-R...=3NOB5C7HV1DMF
    GO ORANGE, GO WIDE, GO LOW, OR, GO HOME

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Locomoses View Post
    Yeah but you lose like a pair a week...BIG MONEY MAKER!!!
    What up Dog?
    In truth Victory

Default "Music to my ears"

Quote Originally Posted by germanchrome View Post
    I'm the same. I listen to the motor. In high school I owned a '69 Firebird 400 4 speed car. It just had an AM radio that I never listened to. My buddies would always ask me "where's the tunes?''. I would "get on it" in a couple of gears and shut em up. Some people just don't understand! 35 years later and I haven't changed a bit.

5 dollar ear buds from Big Lots and they sound as good as the more expensive ones that I have purchased, specs are the same

Doc

Scull Candy $7.00 a set @ TJ Max and I own 3 sets. Never had a problem with them, and no discomfort what so ever. I did loose 1 rubber ear thingeee though but for 7 bucks no biggie.
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

just pony up and buy the scala rider g4's. mine are perfect paired up with an ipod