FlatZ" Turn Signals

Thread: FlatZ" Turn Signals

Default FlatZ" Turn Signals

Anybody have the FlatZ" Turn Signals by Raw Designs? Looking at buying them for my bike. Are they bright and can you see them from the front? Or is there something better that looks good and can see in daylight?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

i do have them. no they are not bright. if you want to go with style then they are awesome but they suck for people seeing it. so if you want safety then i suggest getting them and wiring some more LEDS on the forks or soemthing. i dont have one with them on but i get nothing but compliments on it. theyre built to look better than factory. i like them a lot

thanks...I thought they might be more for looks. I wish they were both because I like the look however I would like to be seen more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes they are a great look but when I ride with my crew they can see them during the day and even better during the night, love them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front View M109R.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	27661  
    NY Phat Boyz - Vice President

Default An older thread reborn

I've been looking at these turn signals for the front of my 9 as well. I'm wondering if anyone has bought them since this thread was started back in 2010? If so, thoughts...pros...cons? I'm also wondering how easy or difficult the install and wiring may be, switching from stock.

<<--- Old to some, new to others

Are they still available? Thought they went out of production. I have them on my bike. Not had any complaints.

I try to ride like no one can see my signals anyway, so looks were more important in my choice for front signals. I actually seriously considered the Flatz and the Blades signals. I really wanted to clean up the front of the bike so I completely removed the entire factory front signal set up! Then I had these done! They work just fine at night, but are not the brightest in the daylight. I LOVE THEM!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329169232.966458.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	60140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329169256.524201.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	60141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329169279.570122.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	60142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329169333.297499.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	60143  
    Custom Front Turn Signals, Custom Paint, Sideburner Exhaust, Tornado Air Kit, Dyno tuned Power Commander 5 with Map Selector, XTRE Power Box, R.I.S. Grips, R.I.S. Risers and Pegs and Oil Cap, Yana Levers and Kickstand, Pro-One Mirrors, 6K HID, Custom Derby Cover, Cycle House 2.25" Lowering Bones, Raw Design Rear Turn Signals, Joe Florida's LED's, One-Off Custom Seats and Backrests, and more to follow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockey View Post
    Are they still available? Thought they went out of production. I have them on my bike. Not had any complaints.
    They're still available on the Metricfats and DLP websites. How was it changing out the stock with them? Easy, difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    I try to ride like no one can see my signals anyway, so looks were more important in my choice for front signals. I actually seriously considered the Flatz and the Blades signals. I really wanted to clean up the front of the bike so I completely removed the entire factory front signal set up! Then I had these done! They work just fine at night, but are not the brightest in the daylight. I LOVE THEM!
    You've done a great job with your 9.

Got a set a couple of months ago. Running both front and side strip as indicators. No problem with brightness. Love um.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem109r View Post
    Got a set a couple of months ago. Running both front and side strip as indicators. No problem with brightness. Love um.
    How was the install on the front set?

Only hard part was getting the bottom screws out of the stock indicators. There is a thread about that. I changed the stock relay flash can to slow the led flashing down. Easy to do 1 hour if your stock indicators come off easy.

Default Raw Design Flatz

I have these and they are extremely bright and you can see them really good in the daylight. The lights comes with a new dual intensity turn signal controller which is far better than the diodes. I'm very pleased with these lights, I was sceptical at first but after I installed them I'm sold!!!
    C-One
    Army of One
    SFC, Retired, Signal Corp.
    "Jesus is LORD!!!"
    " I'm Gods child and a Jesus kind of man"

Thanks guys ! Looks like my next mod ..... and that means I need more overtime
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Default New flatz

Hi
    just bought the flats for the front but I Have no idea how to install them . Do I need a equalizer . At what point do I split the or cut the cables from the old signals? I know there is a green, black and a smaller black with white line.
    Would appreciate any help
    [SIGPIC]

Only need the equalizer if you want the blinking to slow down. Personally I like it fast so others can see me.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I ended up going with Rizoma and love them. They are very bright! http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=642

They have several, funky small, designs. They are from Italy I believe.
    ---------
    m109gman

You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists office...

Quote Originally Posted by m109gman View Post
    I ended up going with Rizoma and love them. They are very bright! http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=642

They have several, funky small, designs. They are from Italy I believe.

Have pictures of it on?
    [SIGPIC]

I was looking at the flatz but decided to shave the front signals and fabricate them into my custom air filter covers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5309.JPG 
Views:	826 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	78478 these are super bright!!!!
    Live the Life you love... Love the Life you Live

Quote Originally Posted by SEMAJ View Post
    I was looking at the flatz but decided to shave the front signals and fabricate them into my custom air filter covers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5309.JPG 
Views:	826 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	78478 these are super bright!!!!
    NICE!!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by huskerfan View Post
    Anybody have the FlatZ" Turn Signals by Raw Designs? Looking at buying them for my bike. Are they bright and can you see them from the front? Or is there something better that looks good and can see in daylight?
    I just purchased a set of the FlatZ turn signals, and they are very bright. Raw Designs has re-engineered them very recently to make them 3 times brighter than the Gen 1 version. You can see them flash an/or being used as running lights from a mile away. They are a very good product, and I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied with the look (especially) and the function of the FlatZ turn signals. They are a very good product all around.

BCRUZN

They are pretty bright blinkers, this is looking directly into the PIAA headlight. When it's parked you can't tell it has signals at all

Name:	2012-09-19 23.15.11.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	78482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-19 23.15.01.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	78483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-19 23.15.20.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	78484  

Default Front signal options

I was also looking at what Raw Designs was offering. I had read about dim leds and poor fit and construction. I spent many an hour on google searching and ended up with an led bar that was offered by Xtreme Revolution (now defunkt), now in limited supply by Mean Cycles. Mean bought out Xtreme. I use the bar with an amber Radiantz 1mm led strip (all one colour single intensity) and a set of Custom Dynamics eclipze led modules (to make single work like dual intensity). Radiantz makes dual intensity leds (2 colour), but I thought the single would be brighter and I had the modules from a previous brain fart on my front signals.

Here is the link for the bracket ... http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...bPartID=552281

Here is the link for the LEDs ... http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...bPartID=562356

I haven't installed them yet as I am waiting for a few other parts/leds for my rad and hope to do all together.

I've attached a pic I got online of the bracket and leds

Name:	FRONT FLUSH MOUNT LED BRACKET.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	78509  
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Does anybody knows if these also fit on a suzuki M90?

Quote Originally Posted by peter.bouwman2 View Post
    Does anybody knows if these also fit on a suzuki M90?
    No, if they are made for an M109R, they will only fit the M109R properly. You may want to contact Raw Designs, and speak to Bill about your desire to have Flat-Z Front Turn Signals for your M90. Bill is the owner of Raw Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    No, if they are made for an M109R, they will only fit the M109R properly. You may want to contact Raw Designs, and speak to Bill about your desire to have Flat-Z Front Turn Signals for your M90. Bill is the owner of Raw Designs.
    Sorry for my late response, thanks for the advise i wil try to contact raw design.