M109 Rider Forums banner

Another South Aussie noob

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Nemo 
#1 ·
Hello all!

Just easing into my first post on the forum with a short intro. My name is Peter, I'm 35 and I live in the western suburbs of Adelaide. Had an R1 for the last 5 years. Awesome bike for the Adelaide Hills. Great bike to ride and really helped me relax after a hard week but with our lovely premier Mr Rann and his band of idiot ministers tightening up the road rules so much she had to go cos I knew one day my number would be up. Just couldn't control myself on that bike. That and the fact that I needed a change.

Sold the 1 in the last week of October. Was looking around and thought a cruiser would be a nice change. Suzuki announced the free on-roads deal on 3 November, so that Saturday morning I bought myself a new shiny black 2010 M109. I asked to look at the bike but was told it was still in the crate ;-)

I promised my wife there would be no mods to this bike (yeah right!!). She has seen photos of one on the web but not in person. So I thought before it gets delivered it would be good to install a pair of 2" bones, and also get the wheels and shaft cover mirror polished. That way I can say it came that way.

I was meant to collect next Saturday, 20 November. Unfortunately when the dealer pulled the wheels off, they removed some bearings as well (polisher said he could then get it polished all the way to the hub). Problem is Suzuki Oz don't have one of the front bearings in stock so it will be a 3 week wait :-[

Oh well, **** happens. The wait will be worth it though. Can't wait to get her and to meet some of you guys on a cruise.

Regards

Peter

See less See more
#3 ·
Howdy Bloke,

How the hell did the "Stealer" harm your bearings, by just removing a wheel (even whether it be, front or back) ???

Slide the axle out / wheel comes off !!! HOW CAN YOU MESS THAT UP ???

I got one idea / PLEASE don't tell me you bought it from KESSNER SUZUKI ???
(They only have 2nd year apprentice Mechanics who have NO IDEA about a 9) !!!

I'll tell you MY STORY, regarding that pathetic, inept, ******* Company one day ,,,,,,,,,,,(not enough room here) !!!

If you ARE dealing with them, all I can say is ,,,,,,,,, BEWARE !!!

Hope to meet you one day soon ,,,,,,

Cheers,
Big Jim
thedodgelodge

#4 ·
:welcome:peter,,,,,,,,,Ya bought a great bike and as for the bearing, Take the old one to an auto parts store and have them measure the ID OD and width of the bearing. 9 outta 10 times there is a auto equivalent. I have done this numerous times, Same with marine bearings..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.