Those with the Xtreme Revolution Fairing...

Thread: Those with the Xtreme Revolution Fairing...

Default Those with the Xtreme Revolution Fairing...

So I was considering trading the 9 for something with more of a touring style. I test drove the Cross Country two days ago, and while it is a very nice bike, I'm spoiled by the power and feel of the 9. So I think I might just put a fairing and bags on the 9 and have the best of both worlds.

For those that have the fairing from Xtreme, how do you like it. Would you do it again? Any regrets? How's the music system?

Basically any good or bad opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have it, rock solid at speed, sound system is good but has only an amp and speakers, plug in your mp3 or sat. radio.
    It knocks all of the wind off of your head and chest, and at my age thats nice. I can hear the music fine at 75 mph. It uses Harley windshields so there are many aftermarket options.
    Easy on and off, I take mine off by myself all the time, but an extra hand is nice.

My wife bought it for me, I was sceptical at first, I put it on mostly because she spent alot of money on it and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. But in a very short time it really started to grow on me.

I know there are alot of mixed feelings about putting these on a nine, the best part is, I can ride with it, or without. Its nice to have options

Last edited by SICRIC; 09-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Default Xtreme fairing

I love mine, but wish I had the speakers added when I bought it.
    I can't imagine taking it off anymore than I would remove the windsheild from my car. Traffic travels about 75-80 mph here, so I go 85-90 most of the time so I'm not being passed by some moron on the phone texting. It's very stable and doesn't cause buffeting. I've tried 12 inch (too tall), and 9 inch (too short) sheilds, so I cut down the 12 inch to about 10 1/2. Just right for me.
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Default What did you use to cut it with?

I was considering the same and wondered what would be the cleanest approach to cutting them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE View Post
    I love mine, but wish I had the speakers added when I bought it.
    I can't imagine taking it off anymore than I would remove the windsheild from my car. Traffic travels about 75-80 mph here, so I go 85-90 most of the time so I'm not being passed by some moron on the phone texting. It's very stable and doesn't cause buffeting. I've tried 12 inch (too tall), and 9 inch (too short) sheilds, so I cut down the 12 inch to about 10 1/2. Just right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I was considering the same and wondered what would be the cleanest approach to cutting them. Thanks
    Cover both sides with masking tape to prevent scratches (2 layers of 2 inch wide), and mark a straight line and the new holes across the bottom with a fine felt tip pen. I use a 4 inch cut off wheel, but a fine bladed hacksaw will work. File and sand the cut edge smooth, you can make it look great with a little time and different grades of wet/dry paper. Drill the new holes, start small, and work up to 1/4 inch. I like them a bit oversize, with chrome washers over nylon washers on both sides to prevent cracks.
    I have done it from the top edge before too on my CBR1000, but the bottom is less scary to work on.
    If you screw it up, it's about $75 for a new one. It's satisfying to have a custom part you made.
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

Banned

Default thank you very much

I have those tools and capability to do just that!!! Should have the shield by Wednesday. From the picture it sticks up nice and high. I may want to knock er down an inch or two. Thanks again for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE View Post
    Cover both sides with masking tape to prevent scratches (2 layers of 2 inch wide), and mark a straight line and the new holes across the bottom with a fine felt tip pen. I use a 4 inch cut off wheel, but a fine bladed hacksaw will work. File and sand the cut edge smooth, you can make it look great with a little time and different grades of wet/dry paper. Drill the new holes, start small, and work up to 1/4 inch. I like them a bit oversize, with chrome washers over nylon washers on both sides to prevent cracks.
    I have done it from the top edge before too on my CBR1000, but the bottom is less scary to work on.
    If you screw it up, it's about $75 for a new one. It's satisfying to have a custom part you made.

I am 5' 10" and an 8" shield is perfect for me.

Banned

Default mine will need to be

10-11" then 6'3" here.

Quote Originally Posted by SICRIC View Post
    I am 5' 10" and an 8" shield is perfect for me.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I love mine. I ordered it with the 10" shield at 6'-2" and get great protection even when I ride with my airhawk seat cushion. I took it off this summer and replaced it with a v-stream touring for extra air. I think when the cooler weather hits, and I replace it with the extreme again, it will never come back off. Instead I will just order a shorter windshield for the summer months. Kind of get the Street Glide look. A friend of mine on hear put a shorter windshield on his first generation Corbin and I was blown away at how good it looked.

Do they make this for the r2? Thx
    In wine there is wisdom,
    in beer there is freedom,
    in water there is bacteria.
    -Ben Franklin

bump
    In wine there is wisdom,
    in beer there is freedom,
    in water there is bacteria.
    -Ben Franklin

I had mine now this whole season and I love it! even those really HOT! day's was not bad. i'm 5'11" with a 5" screen and Corbon seat and the wind was just fine. I upgraded the speakers & amp and I hear it just fine 55 to 90 .. this was very good investment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00033-20100418-1648.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	24396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00055-20100424-1349.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	24398  
    RAD CAPTAIN

Sirius Radio? What's the black control box between your gps and hazard button?

Quote Originally Posted by jtstrobe View Post
    I had mine now this whole season and I love it! even those really HOT! day's was not bad. i'm 5'11" with a 5" screen and Corbon seat and the wind was just fine. I upgraded the speakers & amp and I hear it just fine 55 to 90 .. this was very good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantG1 View Post
    Sirius Radio? What's the black control box between your gps and hazard button?

That is the control for the amp. volume, on/off, mute.. I placed it there for thumb control while riding. yes that is a sirius unit. better than having a mp3 or i pod, i feel.. I did upgrade the amp & speakers.
    RAD CAPTAIN

I really enjoyed the fairing, really worked great with no buffeting at any speed. I have since went to a Wing and have a Burple extreme fairing with 9 inch blue tint shield sitting in the garage. $400 you pay shipping. All attaching hardware and maybe even installation instructions. It does not have the speaker option (wasn't available at the time I bought it).

Default Fairing

Quote Originally Posted by jtstrobe View Post

What kind of Fairing do you have on you bike or can you help me locate one. Thank