Rider routes in the Raleigh NC area...

Thread: Rider routes in the Raleigh NC area...

Default Rider routes in the Raleigh NC area...

Just wanted to report that Purnell Road in Wake Forest has a new topcoat of asphalt and its nice and smooth. It runs about 1/2 mile past Stony Hill Road.

For those not familiar with Purnell Road. It starts just north of Wake Forest about 1-mile past the new Olive Garden restaurant on the left. When I lived in Youngsville, the "Purnell Loop" was one of my favorite local routes to spend about 45 minutes riding.

The "Purnell Loop" starts at Capital Blvd and Purnell Road. Purnell Rd. winds its way through the countryside with some challenging off angle, off grade curves similar to driving in the mountains. It ends at Purnell Rd. and Bruce Garner Rd. You continue the loop by turning RIGHT and heading north on Bruce Garner Rd. and continue on to Hwy 96. Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 96 and return to Capital Blvd. That's the loop....

Another thing to note. If you turn LEFT onto Bruce Garner Rd. and head south, this connects to New Light Road (which also has a fresh topcoat of asphalt) and continues to Hwy 98. You cross Hwy 98 and your on Six Forks Road heading into north Raleigh. This is also a good biker route.

Enjoy....
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Delmustator View Post
    Just wanted to report that Purnell Road in Wake Forest has a new topcoat of asphalt and its nice and smooth. It runs about 1/2 mile past Stony Hill Road.

For those not familiar with Purnell Road. It starts just north of Wake Forest about 1-mile past the new Olive Garden restaurant on the left. When I lived in Youngsville, the "Purnell Loop" was one of my favorite local routes to spend about 45 minutes riding.

The "Purnell Loop" starts at Capital Blvd and Purnell Road. Purnell Rd. winds its way through the countryside with some challenging off angle, off grade curves similar to driving in the mountains. It ends at Purnell Rd. and Bruce Garner Rd. You continue the loop by turning RIGHT and heading north on Bruce Garner Rd. and continue on to Hwy 96. Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 96 and return to Capital Blvd. That's the loop....

Another thing to note. If you turn LEFT onto Bruce Garner Rd. and head south, this connects to New Light Road (which also has a fresh topcoat of asphalt) and continues to Hwy 98. You cross Hwy 98 and your on Six Forks Road heading into north Raleigh. This is also a good biker route.

Enjoy....
    I'll put that on my routes to try

Thanks Del! I'm always looking for a different hour to two hour trip in the area.