Route suggestion for Utah

Thread: Route suggestion for Utah

Question Route suggestion for Utah

Hey you Utahians, if that is a word.

Prior to the meet in Vegas next month, we are doing a ride that will be going up through your state. 2 of us here is San Diego are meeting 2+ more guys up in Salt Late City on the 10th of September and then heading east. Our first day we are stopping in St George and the second day we are going to Salt Late City.

We don't want to ride the I15 from St George to Salt Lake (too boring) so I am looking for suggestions for an alternate route. I have been up through Zion, and I know that is cool, so I was thinking out of St George to take the 9 to the 89 to the 62 to the 28 to the 89 to the I15 in to Salt Lake.

Does that sound like a pretty good route, or is there something better?

I would appreciate and advice you could give me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Pegasus

If they're still going to take my route.....You might want to stay in Provo and meet up the next morning. You'll save about 100mi.

I would suggest going to Cedar City and taking 14 to 128 to 143 to 89 S. to 12 to 24 W. to 89 to 132 to I15. It's 395 mi. to Provo and then 35 mi the next morning to Heber City on Hwy 40 where you could meet up. Instead of going 50 mi further north and then going 50 mi back down to Heber City again.

Hwy 12 has been voted one of the top 10 roads in America by both car and motorcycle mags. 128 and 143 are just awsome.

Plan your gas stops well though as it's pretty remote along 132. I can give you more details if you want. I lived in the area for 8 yrs.
    Last edited by Pegasus; 08-22-2010 at 12:30 AM.

The only problem with going to cedar city is that it adds another 50+ miles to our leg. We are leaving SD and taking the back way to Vegas, up through Laughlin and then going up by Lake Mead to I15 to St George.

As far as I know we are still taking the same route, but actually, we don't mind riding the Salt Lake it meet up.

Thanks for the advice, I mapped it out, and now I remember going up through Cedar Breaks once and that is a really nice route.

I am still sorta open for suggestions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you can do any riding on scenic byway 12 you will absoulutely love it!
    http://www.utah.com/byways/highway_12.htm
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

I have been on that one and you are correct, it is awesome. I have created a route using that too. Still debating.

Thanks