Dyna beads?
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Dyna beads?

  1. #1
    bull'e109
    Guest

    Default Dyna beads?

    Ok when I have looked dyna beads up they sell them I'm oz. It seems like there jus putting 2 oz front an rear for bigger bikes... My ? Is do I need to take them to a shop an have them spun to see how many oz I need? Or what. 300 rear 160 front is what I'm working with. Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member jdmitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    2 oz for the front and 3 for the rear. With the 300 4 oz might not hurt either. I just throw the bag into the tire and the plactic bag disintegrates all the beads constantly balance your tires. They are great and I recommend them all the time.

    You can run, but you will just die tired..............

  4. #3
    Very Active Member Big-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MoCo Maryland
    Posts
    16,208

    Default

    I run them, I like them. Never heard of tossing the bag in before. That's a new one to me. Have to try that next time.

    IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    bull'e109
    Guest

    Default

    Sweet, thanks jd. I already have the front mounted so no throwing a bag in that one but I can on the rear!

  7. #5
    Very Active Member Larry L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    I've talked to my dealed about them. I plan on getting them when I change tire. Hate lead weights on my rims JD, that is what I heard also, to just put bag in and it breaks apart, plus if you move the nozzel out of the valve stem by accident, you have a heck of a fun time trying to clean up those slippery beads
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

  8. #6
    Very Active Member Big-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MoCo Maryland
    Posts
    16,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
    I've talked to my dealed about them. I plan on getting them when I change tire. Hate lead weights on my rims JD, that is what I heard also, to just put bag in and it breaks apart, plus if you move the nozzel out of the valve stem by accident, you have a heck of a fun time trying to clean up those slippery beads
    You would have to be a total retard to do that. The applicator bottle has a tube that slips over the stem. basically idiot proof.

    IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

  9. #7
    Very Active Member Gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.
    Posts
    3,719

    Default

    I have used them for years and they do exactly what they say they will..but I never threw the bag in....just used the applicator. Always a perfect balance....ah as to idiot proof....nothing is idiot proof. Our Congress has proven that over the years.

  10. #8
    Very Active Member Larry L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    ....ah as to idiot proof....nothing is idiot proof. Our Congress has proven that over the years.
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Larry L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    You would have to be a total retard to do that. The applicator bottle has a tube that slips over the stem. basically idiot proof.
    Hey It took me a month to clean up those dang things, slipped and busted my a$$!!!! Just kidding, I have never used them.

    I know several people that resemble your statement
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

  12. #10
    Very Active Member pynikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    ok.....n00b question here.

    how do these things work?!?

  13. #11
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    reality
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    I don't think that you should just throw the bag in there. They do make EZ open bags for 4 oz. and up, but if you were going to do it on a bike I would recommend asking dyna beads if its good to do that, or do it the way they recommend on their web site. I would think that it would take several hundred miles for that bag to open up. Just not that time consuming to not do it the right way. If your tire is new, just put it together then break one bead and pour them in, takes about oh maybe 1 minute? If already mounted, it can be a pain, but still not that bad, took me like 5 minutes per tire.

    http://www.dynabeads.net/index.php?p...tion#EZInstall

  14. #12
    Very Active Member pynikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    thanks for the link.

    that is interesting how that works.

  15. #13
    Very Active Member She's real fine my 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Westport Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    I mount the tire and take it for a ride and that will tell me how much to put in. I use a small slime bottle and it works well. all i do is hit the hose with a screw driver and it fall right in the valve stem. The least I put was one oz and up to two oz in the front. I just changed the 240 on the back and it has no dyna beads. I like checking first before I put them in. If you go by the dot on the tire that goes next to the valve stem it should come close.

    I like using the dyna beads. I change my own tire and had to take the tire in to balance before. Now i do it all on the farm.

    Dave
    NES.stone
    Good combo for the nine. 265/40/18 or P265/45R 18 Michelin Pilot Sport and Metz 130/70/18 front. Try it, youll like it.
    What other people think of you is none of your business.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of another.

  16. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia,Ocean Shores.
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    it shows both methods , throwing the bag in or pouring them in .

    why the fuk would you want to throw the bag in there when you can just open it and pour them in.

  17. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    4 Corners-New Mexico
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    it shows both methods , throwing the bag in or pouring them in .

    why the fuk would you want to throw the bag in there when you can just open it and pour them in.

    Just too phuk with Aussies...lol...

  18. #16
    Radio Active Member Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    22,461

    Default

    The last two tires I've mounted I've only used them in the rear. The fronts static balance just fine so I didn't bother adding them. And I get 12,000 miles on a set of E3's.

    I thought the bag application was just for truck and car tires. I've always fed them in through the stem or tried pouring them on with the tire partially mounted.






  19. #17
    Very Active Member WhiteStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So Cal, Inland Empire
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnins109 View Post
    Just too phuk with Aussies...lol...
    LOL...
    "Don't worry about it rider"

    That one Man is the secret theme of the entire revelation of God to man through that which is known as the HOLY BIBLE... JESUS CHRIST.

  20. #18
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    reality
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    it shows both methods , throwing the bag in or pouring them in .

    why the fuk would you want to throw the bag in there when you can just open it and pour them in.
    Like zoom says for trucks or cars where you may be using 20 or 30 oz. As far as balance of the tires, it can and usually does change as it wears and the dyna beads keep them in balance through the life of the tire. Perhaps even extend the life of the tire.

  21. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia,Ocean Shores.
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draggin61 View Post
    Like zoom says for trucks or cars where you may be using 20 or 30 oz. As far as balance of the tires, it can and usually does change as it wears and the dyna beads keep them in balance through the life of the tire. Perhaps even extend the life of the tire.
    some guys are throwing the whole bag in the bike tyre too!

    spose it is a big challenge to pour them in lol

  22. #20
    Very Active Member tonyl1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Tory NY
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I used 2oz front and 3oz in back with a 250 work great like them so much I am putting them in my truck

  23. #21
    bull'e109
    Guest

    Default

    I'm putting 2 oz in front an 4 oz in the rear. Thanks guys...

  24. #22
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    reality
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    http://www.dynabeads.net/index.php?pr=Motorcycle_Chart

    They say you only need 3 oz. up to a 350mm tire. Jusayn. lol

  25. #23
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Groves, TX
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I like this demo.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg[/ame]

  26. #24
    Very Active Member jdmitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draggin61 View Post
    I don't think that you should just throw the bag in there. They do make EZ open bags for 4 oz. and up, but if you were going to do it on a bike I would recommend asking dyna beads if its good to do that, or do it the way they recommend on their web site. I would think that it would take several hundred miles for that bag to open up. Just not that time consuming to not do it the right way. If your tire is new, just put it together then break one bead and pour them in, takes about oh maybe 1 minute? If already mounted, it can be a pain, but still not that bad, took me like 5 minutes per tire.

    http://www.dynabeads.net/index.php?p...tion#EZInstall

    Nope, it only took about a 1/4 mile, I could actually feel the vibrating until the bag broke and let all beads loose to balance the tires.

    You can run, but you will just die tired..............

  27. #25
    Very Active Member jdmitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    some guys are throwing the whole bag in the bike tyre too!

    spose it is a big challenge to pour them in lol
    I work smarter not harder, why pour them slowly through the valve stem when I can put the whole bag in at once an be done with it. I did it on my last 250 E3 and the bag had been pulverized so extensively by the dyna beads that there were absolutely no signs of anything inside the tire except the beads themselves.

    You can run, but you will just die tired..............

  28. #26
    Very Active Member Larry L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    some guys are throwing the whole bag in the bike tyre too!

    spose it is a big challenge to pour them in lol
    I think the only thing with them is they are very slick, My thinking is you could loose grip on the bag and have then miss pouring them in the tire & pouring them in and all over the floor. Just guessing though.
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

  29. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Australia,Ocean Shores.
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
    I think the only thing with them is they are very slick, My thinking is you could loose grip on the bag and have then miss pouring them in the tire & pouring them in and all over the floor. Just guessing though.

    i could understand that after 20 beers lol

  30. #28
    Very Active Member Larry L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    i could understand that after 20 beers lol
    I resemble that comment
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->