2 Questions

Thread: 2 Questions

Very Active Member

Default 2 Questions

Hey there. I've read through tonnes of posts on these questions so please bare with me. I vaguely remember reading that the lighting unit for the licence plate can be reused after the debeaver..true?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for soft, quick detach saddlebags (Preferably synthetic material)? Can they just run under the rear seat?

Thanks in advance....T-minus 2 weeks till I get at 'er!
    Mods...losing count.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastblur View Post
    Hey there. I've read through tonnes of posts on these questions so please bare with me. I vaguely remember reading that the lighting unit for the licence plate can be reused after the debeaver..true?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for soft, quick detach saddlebags (Preferably synthetic material)? Can they just run under the rear seat?

Thanks in advance....T-minus 2 weeks till I get at 'er!
    Not sure about the light since mine was de-beavered when I got it but the bags that STLTGR and RICOCHET uses are made by cortech and I loved how they look. They might not hold as much as some others but IMO they are the best looking soft bags for the 9. And if you aren't riding 2 up then you can use the tail bag that almost doubles your storage. They have a neoprene padding underneath to keep from scratching your paint and don't budge an inch when you are going down the road. I know STLTGR like his, just send one of those guys a PM and I'm sure they can fill you in.
    Last edited by jdmitchell; 07-16-2010 at 10:53 AM.

You can run, but you will just die tired..............

No reason to reuse the stock license plate light. A cheap white LED pod will be suffice. Maybe $1.99 for a pod

And search for Cortech Sport saddle bags and Cortech Sport tail bag.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Here are the links to the style that STLTGR and RICOCHET use. I will be getting the same thing before my next big trip.

http://www.jakewilson.com/productDet...FamilyId=26974

http://www.jakewilson.com/productDet...FamilyId=26972

You can run, but you will just die tired..............

dv0042

I haven't had such good luck with those soft, throw-over type saddlebags. They do have those neoprene pads that are supposed to prevent scratching of the paint, but in my experience, if you use them often, what they will do is give you some large "dull" spots wherever it rubs against the finish. I stopped using them years ago for that reason. We all know the story on Suzuki's clearcoat...a good sneeze will scratch it. You might want to think about mounting bags on brackets instead.

you can use the plug for the plate light were ever you want it will still work. i am going to use it to hard wire a GPS on my 9 but all you would have to do is mount a bulb or LED some were and you would be good to go.

Very Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys....pod led it will be. I'll check out the bag links as well. Perhaps adding a fabric of some sort to prevent wear on the finish would help? I won't be using them all the time, but am planning a few trips this summer. Doing the entirety of Nova Scotia, hoping to get down into New Hampshire to drive up Mt. Washington as well.
    Mods...losing count.

Even better lighted plate cover u can get through dlp 35 bucks or raw design

Very Active Member

I have some field sheer bags that I bought. They have lot's of storage but like posted above they come with a pad but long term use will scratch your clear coat. I also have a motorcycle sissy bar bag I bought at walmart for 19 or 29 dollars. If it's just me traveling that's all I need. If it's me and the wife then she gets almost everything in them.You can run them under the rearseat or cowl. A passenger will not have much foot room with them on there.

The bag from walmart can be carried like a duffle bag or as a bag pack. Really not a bad buy.

This is a small pic with the side bags. I had my laptop on the sissy bar and a overnight bag on the seat.

Default Stopping the scratch

A couple posts mentioned scratching, has anyone tried Ziebart's Diamond Gloss to help protect the finish? I was in their shop getting some windows tinted and the "salesman" tried to talk me into dropping the bike off to have it done when I came back to pick up my car. Just wondering if anyone has tried it, and if they had good or bad feedback on it? It sounded like it would stop the dulling or the scratching from the bags.