Speedometer flux

Thread: Speedometer flux

Default Speedometer flux

Has anyone experienced 5-10 mph flux on speedometer? I was cruising at 80 mph today and noticed speed bouncing between 80-90. Stopped and got gas after 15 mins of that fluxing and it started doing it again between 30-45 mph after leaving gas station.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It is your speedo sensor that is located in the front of the secondary drive--right behind the rear left side chrome cover. It has some metal sahvings on it. Very easy to get to and clean off. It is a magnetic type prox sensor that will collect some shavings over time.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Default Thanks!

That was it man! Big chunk - about the size of an index fingernail (clipped). That's kinda scary a piece that big though. Thanks a lot for the tip!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    It is your speedo sensor that is located in the front of the secondary drive--right behind the rear left side chrome cover. It has some metal sahvings on it. Very easy to get to and clean off. It is a magnetic type prox sensor that will collect some shavings over time.

Take it out and clean it - good to go!!