m109r Clutch shudder petition

Thread: m109r Clutch shudder petition

Default m109r Clutch shudder petition

I am starting a petition to present to the Suzuki corporate office to try and induce a recall for the massive clutch shudder problems m109r riders are having on their bikes across the board. Wish me luck!!! We deserve to get our bikes fixed whether under warranty or not!!!

Pass this on to all m109r riders to sign:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/m109/
    Last edited by mrdq; 07-08-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spellcheck

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Whoaaa slow down a bit there

Forums are where peeps come with their probs and others jump in that they also have the same problem....BUT I do not think it's a >massive< problem at all

On the poll that was started about this....there should have been an option of "no clutch shudder problems"....JMHO

This problem is more major than you may realize. I've done extensive research and one outta every 5 m109r riders experience this problem. It should be brought up to the dealer corporate office asap. search for a thread called "clutch shudder", you'll see more than you think. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

While I like the amount of effort, in my experience petioning the manufacturer will not do a whole lot. Think of all the toyota owners that probably did this exact same thing with some of their vehicles lately.

Generally, your efforts would be best focused on alerting NHTSA to this type of an issue and trying to get enough attention for them to begin a Recall campaign. this is the first step into actually getting a recall inacted. Demonstrating this is a wide-spread safety concern which is directly related to a design flaw is really necessary in order to get NHTSA to take this issue seriously. Only then will Suzuki stop turning a blind eye to this (or any) issue. Hell, Toyota knew of some of their issues which turned into recalls for 5 years before doing anything. They will simply look at the cost to pay for some repairs under warranty versus the cost of a recall. As long as the cost to cover warranty concerns far outweighs a recall, they will not announce a voluntary recall. Succeed in actually getting the governement involved, and there is your golden expedited recall ticket.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I could convince the NHTSA (National Highway TrafficeSafety Administration), but I guess the petition is a good start. From what you've said about Toyota, I guess occasional clutch shudder on our bikes wouldn't mean squat to them, when speaking from a safety standpoint. The petition signatures have reached 10 already in only 30minutes. Wish me luck and thanks for the info!!!

This is probably posted already somewhere, but this seems to be a place to fill out an official complaint with government entities to get the ball rolling. I submitted a complaint.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    Last edited by coachmajor; 07-08-2010 at 04:05 PM.

thanks! the more the better. If enough people voice this issue, the better chance of getting results. Thanks again.

Default Have the same problem 2007 Limited 3500 miles Clutch Shudder

Have sent complaint to http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ .

And signed petition as well.

More M109r owners that have the problem need to do the same.

Suzuki needs to fix the problem, it is a defect in design.

Some that say they don't have a problem are lucky.

Default Three Problems

All M109R's have the shudder problem to some extent. It's due to inadequate lubrication to the clutch assembly. The second major flaw is the Tubular Nut on the Primary Gear Assembly. This one is going to kill someone one of these days if Suzuki doesn't come up with a fix. The third is the shift forks which they have fixed in the last two model years. Suzuki needs to issue a recall and fix the problems. I know it is a lot of money and that's why they will fight it every step of the way.

For the shudder problem I have switched to the best Synthetic that I can get my hands on. It helps a lot but fifty bucks per oil change adds up. It shouldn't be needed.

For the Tubular Nut, torque it to 100 ft/lbs and use Red Loctite.

For the shifting problem put all the mods in, The Star, Springs and Performance Clutch, and The GMan Bushing (it got rid of some of the play in the linkage). they all help. Between all of them it will shift almost normally.

Also, get a good pair of riding boots. This helps as much as the Mechanical Mods.
    Some rides are sweeter than others, but a 9's not bad.

Very Active Member

Got to where I was having a clutch shudder problem often enough to be a pain in the azz, a couple of times a day on a full day of riding. When I replaced the clutch during my winter overhaul (40,000 miles) all of the parts included a new style wave washer which had a new part number. The old clutch discs showed very little wear but were replaced anyway since it was already apart. I've been another 2,500 miles and not one case of shudder. I had heard rumors that the old style wave washer might be the problem. I am still in the keep riding, wait and see mode. Thanks to BigPapa109 for the tip about the new part number.
    Last edited by Ex-LE; 05-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Also experiencing intermittent clutch shudder on my 2007 M109. Majorly annoying when it happens, and Suzuki does have an issue, although I personally don't view it as a safety issue. I'll sign the petition though for sure.

06 with 16,000 miles and not a problem to speak of. Shifting is great, no shudder, no broken swingarm, no broken clutch cable, nothing. Except a recall which I really had no choice over since I have an extended warranty (which has proven to be a BIG waste of money, wish I'd never bought the fool thing!).
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

12 K miles on Mine! I'm writing the corporate office and filing in small claims if they choose not to help.

Default I Agree, Suzuki should do something!!!!!!

12,000 miles on my 2008 109 and the shudder started. The shifting issue especially with 2nd gear is a huge issue as well. Suzuki should have to fix these.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdq View Post
    I am starting a petition to present to the Suzuki corporate office to try and induce a recall for the massive clutch shudder problems m109r riders are having on their bikes across the board. Wish me luck!!! We deserve to get our bikes fixed whether under warranty or not!!!

Any updates on this issue today...

I have a 2007 M109R LE with 1600 miles and I am struggling with the same issue.

Sept 12 2012.

Adams,

Default Clutch Shudder

Had clutch replaced twice, and second gear problem,total cost so far nearly $3000, signed the petition willingly

Default please contact and fill this form...

Quote Originally Posted by mrdq View Post

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

Default Signed with pleasure

2007 with 18,000 km and it has done it since I bought it with 11,000 km on it. Signed willingly!!
    I did research on the bike before I bought it 3 years ago. The first thing that came up online when I searched for problems at the time was the clutch shudder.
    I understand some of the guys thinking that this petition will not get the problem fixed but I am positive that not doing anything won't for sure!