M109 Rider Forums banner

How to fix your M109 if you live on Maui...

3K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  purvistechie 
#1 ·

Step 1...rent a container.
Step 2...drive bike in....it barely fit into this one!!!
Step 3....Ship the frikin thing to Montgomery Motors in Oahu!!!!:bigthumbsup:

Because Maui Suzuki dealer is 100% CLUELESS on how to fix it!!! Looking forward to having a bike that runs right after 2 years of getting jerked around by these guys!

:hot:

See less See more
#3 ·
It just seems easier to do the work yourself :dontknow:

#9 ·
Can't you just inflate the tires to about 50# and RIDE it to Oahu?? :dontknow:

#10 ·
Dang, Cubans have already found a way to make a VW Beetle into submarines to make it to Miami, yet you cannot add wings to a thing that already flies to jump the 3-mile distance between the Hawaiian Islands? Did you have to go thru the same process to get her "debadged"? :joke:

Seems like an awful lot, nevertheless, Good luck with getting her fixed before your warrantee expires.:bigthumbsup:

#11 ·
We used to have the SuperFerry out here, but politics and such forced it out. Shipping in a container is pretty much the only option, unless you know someone with a boat willing to make the trip.

Travis and his crew will take good care of you 9'er.

PM me when they get it done, bro. We'll take a spin before you ship it back.

Chase

#23 ·
We used to have the SuperFerry out here, but politics and such forced it out. Shipping in a container is pretty much the only option, unless you know someone with a boat willing to make the trip.

Travis and his crew will take good care of you 9'er.

PM me when they get it done, bro. We'll take a spin before you ship it back.

Chase
I'm suprised G.L.A.D. allowed that to happen!:eek::doh::joke:

#12 ·
Guess it's pretty rough living in Maui. :drool: Sounds like you ought to start up a bike shop and put the crappy one out of business. That would be a pain though.

#16 ·
you could have just flew me out.:p Sometimes dealers will hire motorcycle shops to help work on bikes if the dealer gets to busy. Maybe that could be an option. It does sound like the cost isnt to high, hopefully nothing happens while being shipped.

I hope everything works out for you. :bigthumbsup:

#17 ·
The price to live in Paradise. Can't believe that the bike is STILL down from when you broke on our ride in October.
Hopefully you'll be in shape to ride on our next trip out.
You'll have to keep the bike where your working now and ride circles on that island for a while! Maybe switch things up and ride counter clockwise!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!!

Your little project on Oahu looks great! I may have to spend a day there on the next trip just to see your work.

#18 ·
The price to live in Paradise. Can't believe that the bike is STILL down from when you broke on our ride in October.
Hopefully you'll be in shape to ride on our next trip out.
You'll have to keep the bike where your working now and ride circles on that island for a while! Maybe switch things up and ride counter clockwise!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!!

Your little project on Oahu looks great! I may have to spend a day there on the next trip just to see your work.
Sound good Rich! Actually the 2nd gear has been down for 2 years. :eek: I brought it in and they replaced the brain box...because they forgot to put on the plug wire...:eek: Then they gave it back and said no time to fix....then it fell out of third and into 1st when we were riding anf the drive shaft broke.....towed it in and they called 4 or 5 weeks later and said it was fixed!!!! I was astounded!!!! I asked "even second gear??" they said no....no time to fix! :eek: AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Pau....done.....no mo.....Too frikin busy to waste time with people that incompetant.

Here's a link to the resort...speaking of BUSY......

http://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/

Go to "Gallery" and then to "Photos" to see the progress....Less than 1 year to get her finished...

Fun...and busy...

#25 ·
Spent 2 hours waiting in line at Young Bropthers dock so I could receive the bike.....It is at Montgomery now!!!! :clap2:
Then the company truck overheated on the way back to the jobsite. I was already an hour late for a meeting...LMAO...if it's not one thing....it's a dozen! :D

#32 ·
Speaking of ridin'

Marlboro and I got to meet up and ride soon as my 9 gets the new tires on (end of month) so we all need to meet up before you ship it back. I'm probably pasing you in the sir as I'm traveling to Maui, Big Island and Kauai regularly now.

Gives us a shout when it's done...

#33 ·
Would it be cheaper to have the mechanic fly to you? Just kidding, hope they get you fixed and rolling soon. A quick question. I was in Maui acouple of years ago and drove the road to Hana and the road around the northwestern side of the island. Those would have to be some the best rides ever. Have you been? I'll bet the road to Hana could send a few chills up your spine. Safe riding. 8)

#35 ·
better tie down it from the floor to the bike, as if it is on a trailer on a dirt road shipping is rough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.