new pipes and corbin custom seat
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: new pipes and corbin custom seat

Default new pipes and corbin custom seat

just installed new cobra pipes fi2000r and corbin custom seat loving the m90
    Last edited by tizzy76; 04-20-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: new pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

WOW, the contrast of the blue and brown look good together!

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

So how does it feel?
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

thanks and the seats feels good although i havent went on a long ride yet but i'm looking forward to breaking her in

The contrast of the blue and the brown looks terrible. Sorry. Not a fan. The pipes look awesome though

@tuna its ok thats what makes us different the picture was taken on a blk berry the seat is actually tan and it looks amazing i should post another pic but thanks again for your statement

Quote Originally Posted by tizzy76 View Post
    just installed new cobra pipes fi2000r and corbin custom seat loving the m90

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    The contrast of the blue and the brown looks terrible. Sorry. Not a fan. The pipes look awesome though

Tan would look quite good with the blue so I look forward to seeing another pic. The pipes are sweet though....

Sorry if I offended. The seat must be wicked comfortable though

Default better pics

new pics for you tuna

Looks nice - I like the colour of the seat! How does it feel?
    ~ Blake
    --
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

Unique. Nice work.
    ----------------
    Kev

I don't like the color either. Also the second picture shows that the front of the seat is shaped as an arch and it leaves big cap between tank and seat.

Quote Originally Posted by d_a_mage View Post
    I don't like the color either. Also the second picture shows that the front of the seat is shaped as an arch and it leaves big cap between tank and seat.
    Yeh whats going on with the big gap at the front of the seat? If you look at the pics of ixm01ws6's Sophie the seat is curved but its flush onto the tank. My seat is already on order and i wont be happy if there is a big gap like this one.

Hey Spanners maybe the gap is there to stick your mobile(cell)phone in

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy90 View Post
    Hey Spanners maybe the gap is there to stick your mobile(cell)phone in
    Yeh maybe if it was an old motorola brick!!! LOL

Default Corbin Seat

If you look closely at the Corbin web site you will see the gap. I like the seat, but hate the gap. I don't know if it can be adjusted for a better fit against the tank like the stock model. Anyone attempt to 'flatten out' the Corbin Curve?

Quote Originally Posted by Minus19 View Post
    If you look closely at the Corbin web site you will see the gap. I like the seat, but hate the gap. I don't know if it can be adjusted for a better fit against the tank like the stock model. Anyone attempt to 'flatten out' the Corbin Curve?
    Yeh i did look closely on the corbin site, its nothing like the gap on the on tizzy76's seat. I can just about see the battery thru that gap. The pics on the corbin site show no visible gap, and neither does ixm01ws6's seat.

Old mate probly didn't clip the seat in properly at the front , ??

I got a corbin on the way , for the money it would want to be perfect !!

M90 2010, Too many Mods to list ,

hey thanks for all the comments im going make sure i clip the seat all the way in i thought the gad was crazy to but when i looked on the site i saw the curve but i will check with corbin to make sure or she will be going back asap.

The new pics make things look way better. It definitely a unique look. It's kind of growing on me the more I look at it.

I recently received my Corbin seat and was not happy with the gap either, but being black on black it isnt as noticable. Also, the flap at the back of the seat for the backrest looks terrible unless you want the backrest (which i didnt) so if anyone orders this seat be very specific about whether or not you are going to use the integrated backrest. The seat is very comfortable and does a good job of keeping your A$$ in place. i had a problem with the stock seat feeling like I was sliding up on the tank.

@aberman i called corbin twice about my seat they said its suppose to be flush like the stock. so i emailed them a picture to show whats was going on but you are right about the comfort amazing.

Yeh i didnt think to request no hole for the backrest, i woulda prefered without too, Good to hear its comfy but

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Yeh i didnt think to request no hole for the backrest, i woulda prefered without too, Good to hear its comfy but
    hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike

Quote Originally Posted by gavs90 View Post
    hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike
    I was qouted $75 from Brooks, just for the riders seat

Perhaps the gap the a couple folks have noticed is just a matter of the Corbin seat needing to be broken in. The Corbin FAQ online mentions that their seats require 1,500 to 2,000 miles for break in.

My Corbin front saddle should be arriving tomorrow @ MSN; I'll probably have a chance to pick it up on Saturday. I'll post a pic or two of the fitment when i get it.
    ~ Blake
    --
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

I thought that perhaps the seat could be broken in or adjusted to fit snug to the tank but the seat pan is very stiff and will no give at all. Im thinking of filling in the gap with some type of foam or weather striping. Sucks that this has to be done for the money we spend but it is a comfy seat.

Ugh...now I'm wishing I didn't go and order the front seat. I'm waiting to see if ixm01ws6 posts a closeup of his seat to see if his has the same gap.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Corbin stuff. If I knew all this before hand I would have never spent all that money on the front seat, rear seat, backrest and radiator shroud.

My radiator shroud will be here tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will at least fit properly.
    Last edited by Deputy1042; 04-22-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy1042 View Post
    Ugh...now I'm wishing I didn't go and order the front seat. I'm waiting to see if ixm01ws6 posts a closeup of his seat to see if his has the same gap.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Corbin stuff. If I knew all this before hand I would have never spent all that money on the front seat, rear seat, backrest and radiator shroud.

My radiator shroud will be here tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will at least fit properly.

I ordered a shroud as well - I would like to know how you go with it ! drop a pic on when your done - Did you order a painted one? I bet the black shroud doesn't have the blue fleck like the original paint !!

M90 2010, Too many Mods to list ,