M109 Rider Forums banner

new pipes and corbin custom seat

22K views 281 replies 28 participants last post by  M90 
#1 · (Edited)
just installed new cobra pipes fi2000r and corbin custom seat loving the m90

#11 ·
Looks nice - I like the colour of the seat! How does it feel?

#18 ·
If you look closely at the Corbin web site you will see the gap. I like the seat, but hate the gap. I don't know if it can be adjusted for a better fit against the tank like the stock model. Anyone attempt to 'flatten out' the Corbin Curve?
Yeh i did look closely on the corbin site, its nothing like the gap on the on tizzy76's seat. I can just about see the battery thru that gap. The pics on the corbin site show no visible gap, and neither does ixm01ws6's seat.

#22 ·
I recently received my Corbin seat and was not happy with the gap either, but being black on black it isnt as noticable. Also, the flap at the back of the seat for the backrest looks terrible unless you want the backrest (which i didnt) so if anyone orders this seat be very specific about whether or not you are going to use the integrated backrest. The seat is very comfortable and does a good job of keeping your A$$ in place. i had a problem with the stock seat feeling like I was sliding up on the tank.

#25 ·
hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike

#27 ·
Perhaps the gap the a couple folks have noticed is just a matter of the Corbin seat needing to be broken in. The Corbin FAQ online mentions that their seats require 1,500 to 2,000 miles for break in.

My Corbin front saddle should be arriving tomorrow @ MSN; I'll probably have a chance to pick it up on Saturday. I'll post a pic or two of the fitment when i get it.

#28 ·
I thought that perhaps the seat could be broken in or adjusted to fit snug to the tank but the seat pan is very stiff and will no give at all. Im thinking of filling in the gap with some type of foam or weather striping. Sucks that this has to be done for the money we spend but it is a comfy seat.

#29 · (Edited)
Ugh...now I'm wishing I didn't go and order the front seat. I'm waiting to see if ixm01ws6 posts a closeup of his seat to see if his has the same gap.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Corbin stuff. If I knew all this before hand I would have never spent all that money on the front seat, rear seat, backrest and radiator shroud.

My radiator shroud will be here tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will at least fit properly.

#30 ·
I ordered a shroud as well - I would like to know how you go with it ! drop a pic on when your done - Did you order a painted one? I bet the black shroud doesn't have the blue fleck like the original paint !! :bigthumbsup:

#34 ·
I got home late tonight and installed my Corbin front saddle - it definitely appears that something happened from prototype to production. There is a large gap at the front of the seat. Something's not right with it. I'm very disappointed with the appearance.

I'll post up a couple of pictures tomorrow but it's the same gap that folks have noticed on the other bike. It does not fit the same way as pictured on the Corbin site and the pics that Mike posted up with his bike (Sophia) now that it's home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.