new pipes and corbin custom seat - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: new pipes and corbin custom seat

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy1042 View Post
    Still on there! I always check the bolts after each ride to make sure there aren't loosening up. Due to the fitment issues with the shroud lining up properly with the brackets, I couldn't put locktite on the bolts. By the time I was able to line everything up, the locktite had dried!

For Corbin to say something on Mike's bike was different enough that our new seat doesn't fit, in my opinion, doesn't hold water. Neither the passenger seat or shroud fit properly either. I find it hard to believe Mike's bike is that much different, if at all...excluding his mods of course
    Deputy....other than the locktite issue, did you run into any other issues installing the shroud? Is it a worthwhile purchase? I am totally on the fence here. I like the pics of it on Corbin's site but this nightmare with the seat and their general reputation has me second guessing whether to pull the trigger. A real world perspective from someone who has it would go along way to helping me make up my mind.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

The only real issue I had with the shroud was getting the bolt holes on the shroud and the bolt holes in brackets lined up. I would get one lined up, but then the other one wasn't aligned (There are three bolt holes total on the shroud).

What I ended up having to do once I was down to the last bolt was to take my hex key and stick it through the bolt hole on the shroud and through the bracket...once through, I held the shroud in place and fed the bolt through both. Probably would have been easier with two people, but I didn't have an extra set of hands.

Other than the alignment issues, I believe the shroud is definitely a worthwhile purchase...it certainly looks great and enhances the appearance of the bike. Just make sure you lay down a large towel or blanket under the area of the radiator and front tire, which luckily I did, because you will probably end up dropping it at least once while you're trying to line everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by SBLfromNS View Post
    - a quick update from Corbin:
    Corbin:
    One of our guys is going to Salinas today to test fit. Based on what he learns there we will either have a fix in the works or will be asking the dealer if we can borrow the bike at our shop.
    Corbin went to Salinas for the test fit two days ago...any update from them on what the problem is?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Corbin Update as of 45min ago

Hey Blake,

Unfortunately my update for today is that I don't have an update. The guy that was supposed to go to Salinas on Friday got pulled in to work on customer bikes that afternoon. We had a bunch of folks show up and it was a big panic moment I guess. They're (Salinas) closed on Mondays I believe so he'll probably have to wait for tomorrow to go.

Very sorry for the further delay.
    ---------------------

It would be nice to know asap what's going on but in the meantime I'm really loving the comfort of the Corbin front saddle. I was riding about 4+ hours on Saturday and I wasn't sore. That much riding on the stock saddle would make it hard to walk afterwards
    ~ Blake
    --
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SBLfromNS View Post
    Corbin Update as of 45min ago
    The guy that was supposed to go to Salinas on Friday got pulled in to work on customer bikes that afternoon. We had a bunch of folks show up and it was a big panic moment I guess.
    Guess we all know where Corbin's priorities are...not with the M90 owners who purchased the seats! In my opinion that is unacceptable. One would think Corbin would make the other guy wait and they would make time to get this problem resolved ASAP!

I love the seat and I've compensated for the gap, but I don't want to find out the hard way that due to the poor fitment of the seat it has a tendency to unlatch while I'm going 65mph down the highway. Not that it would, but who knows...

Guess we all know where Corbin's priorities are...not with the M90 owners who purchased the seats! In my opinion that is unacceptable. One would think Corbin would make the other guy wait and they would make time to get this problem resolved ASAP!

I love the seat and I've compensated for the gap, but I don't want to find out the hard way that due to the poor fitment of the seat it has a tendency to unlatch while I'm going 65mph down the highway. Not that it would, but who knows...
    Good point. I'll relay your concerns. But I've got a question for you. How do you manage to go only 65mph down the highway I have a hard time keeping my M90 under 85mph on the highway! LOL
    ~ Blake
    --
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown

because he is the law ))
    CAPZ LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Wink

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law..... I think that was a blatant confession. Jk
    Do You LIKE Bananas?:

Ooops!!
    ~ Blake
    --

Well it kinda sux cause i'm going on a ride around Tasmania and across the great ocean road with 5 other guys and was hoping to have the Corbin seat that I have paid for 3 weeks ago but now with the delays i'm going to be like a dinosaur -A MEGASAURUS

M90 2010, Too many Mods to list ,

Yes it does suck I think someone at corbin should be making a gesture here, to everyone that has already ordered a seat. Maybe a free backrest or a free pillion seat to match the riders seat when it actually does fit our bikes. Its been a long wait!

I haven't heard anything from Corbin in two days - not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing....

I'll be pinging them today and will post an update when I get one...
    ~ Blake
    --

Very Active Member Screamnyellozonker's Avatar

I just talked to them this morning. The power went down in the plant tuesday and took the computers with them. They are trying to get going but my guy is using his cell phone to answer calls and e-mails.
    Bob
    John3:16 PGR Rider.
    USMC
    Raw Black Shorty
    PC-V with Auto tune and quickshifter, Factory Pro shift star, Edelbrocks. 162 Hp 142 torque with the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamnyellozonker View Post
    I just talked to them this morning. The power went down in the plant tuesday and took the computers with them. They are trying to get going but my guy is using his cell phone to answer calls and e-mails.
    Bob
    Same update I got (BTW - the tracking no referenced is for my shroud - can't wait!):
    --------------

Hey Blake,

Sorry for my delayed reaction, but we lost power here on Tuesday morning
    and my computer was lost in process. (Dammit) So here I am a couple of
    days later trying to get through a few hundred messages with a cell phone.
    argh. I will get that tracking number for you and send it along. Likewise
    I will check in with R&D to see what's up on the seat fit. I lost track of
    that action in the chaos. Back at ya soon.
    G
    ~ Blake
    --

I wonder what their next excuse will be...

I wonder what their next excuse will be...
    I know, eh? Kinda sounds like a 'the dog ate my homework' kind of excuse. I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt, though, as I had to get someone to manually get me a tracking no. for my shroud - the automated email system was down and the auto tracking email didn't get sent.
    ~ Blake
    --

Default Update from Corbin as of Friday afternoon - 05-07-2010

Hi Folks - here's the latest:
    ------------

So it was the worst case scenario, our brand new product doesn't fit (front seat). I've been talking to our VP of production and he's holding up all front seat orders while we try to get this fixed ASAP. The dealer told us we can borrow the bike next week so assuming I can get someone down there to pick it up, we may have it back into production in as little as two weeks.

This totally sux, what a debacle. What a huge loss of $$.

If you don't hear from me again, you'll know who the blame landed on.

I'll keep you posted and thanks again for all you've done. As always, our regards and apologies to all those who got caught up in this mess.

Happy Trails,
    G
    ------------------------------

Well - at least they are able to borrow another Suzuki M90 next week so we should be getting a resolution within a few weeks.
    ~ Blake
    --

Default Corbin Seats...

I really can't express how important this site is to 109/90 riders. Before I do anything connected with aftermarket parts. problems, ideas, etc., I review the M90 Forum. I was ready to dial Corbin and order Front/Back/Sissy for my '09. Wow was I surprised. Will I wait, absolutely. What is really rewarding is that when the seat does arrive, it will fit. Well that is if Corbin does fix the problem. They just may throw in the towel on the 90 for now, one model with only two years of production may not be worth the 'recall' and retooling. We will see.M109riders.com and it's members...

I am extremely reluctant to order any parts that have not been actually tested by the end user. Too many issues seem to pop up once on the market.

I feel bad for all the M90 guys who ordered the Corbin seat and now have to wait to see what, if anything, Corbin intends to do. As a business owner myself, I have to admit that I also feel bad for Corbin as well. Someone over there really screwed up and now the company is going to take a hit. I'm sure they didn't intentionally screw up. That being said, I hope they step up and do the right thing for you guys!

Fortunately for Corbin, it sounds like only three of us actually paid for and received the front seats...at least from the site.

Default Waiting

Fortunately for Corbin, it sounds like only three of us actually paid for and received the front seats...at least from the site.
    How many have paid for and are waiting for seats? I have, i am glad the issue came to light before it was delivered to Oz though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    How many have paid for and are waiting for seats? I have, i am glad the issue came to light before it was delivered to Oz though.

I've paid for front, back and two backrest, plus showd and my mate has paid for front back and two back rests for his Victory , but he won't get his untill they sort out my order so we can combine shipping to Oz. they have Nearly $2000 of our coin ...

At least once you finally get your front seat it will actually fit...perhaps they will also realize the passenger seat could use some redesigning as well. They need to stop dragging their feet on this entire debacle and get on the stick rather than making excuses.

For the guys that replaced thier stock front seats with corbin seats.

If you are interested in selling your stock front seats check with Baldylatino... i think he is looking for some stock seats.

All this BS from Corbin is definetly a pain, but I have to say that even though it's not a perfect fit I wouldnt go back to my stock seat if someone paid me.

Quote Originally Posted by aberman View Post
    All this BS from Corbin is definetly a pain, but I have to say that even though it's not a perfect fit I wouldnt go back to my stock seat if someone paid me.

Yeah - I feel the same way! The Corbin saddle is infinitely more comfortable than the stock Suzuki M90 saddle.
    ~ Blake
    --

How do the new pipes sound. Is there a big difference from the stock pipes?

I've got the Cobra swepts on my bike too and they sound great. A nice, deep, mellow rumble at idle but they can be loud when you twist the throttle. They're louder than stock for sure but not objectionably loud. Not as loud as the Cobra speedster longs on my buddy's C90 (which is a good thing).
    ~ Blake
    --

So has anyone heard how Corbin are going with our Seats or what ? seems things have gone quiet ?

Too Dam quiet