M109 Rider Forums banner

Will you be purchasing a backrest?

GROUP BUY - Grasshopper Driver Backrest

48K views 315 replies 100 participants last post by  ghostm109 
#1 · (Edited)
Update - 4/24/10 - The backrest design for the standard cut gel seat is complete. Order away!

4/21/10 - For those with the standard gel seat, please call Allison. She will create a list and Lonnie will send replacements out once the design is finalized (end of the week). Thank you for your time and patience.

4/20/10 - For those ordering the backrest with the Standard Gel seat, please wait on ordering until a solution is created.

Those who have the full cut gel seat, you would be best to order the standard backrest

4/14/10 - We have the Green Light! For those wanting a backrest, please contact the Grasshopper company at the number below!

The sale will now go until May 30th! A big thanks to Lonnie for extending the sale!

Details of buy: Two backrests will be offered. One that is 2" forward and one which sticks straight out of the bracket. Each variant can have a rear pocket added for small storage.

The base price for the group buy is $75. To add the pocket add $10. To add studs add $5. Shipping is $10 for the states.

For those who are living out of the continental US, please work directly with Lonnie to discuss shipping costs.

To order the backrest simply call: 608-346-1029. You will speak with Allison (Lonnie's wife). Just mention the M109 forum when purchasing in order to get the group discount. You may also pay through paypal at bf4cm28@yahoo.com.

This thread is dedicated to creating a list of those members who wish to purchase the newly designed backrest from Grasshopper Backrests.

If you have questions about the backrest please see the thread below which follows the progress with pictures and details. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1257718#post1257718

Please leave this thread for voting if you will or will not be purchasing any variant of the backrest and post a reply with your screen name so I can get a list of names.

Thanks for the interest,
Nick

See less See more
#19 ·
The backrest was designed using the OEM seat, but I do not believe there should be an issue with the gel seats. Alignment with the flow of the saddle and backrest may be different as the gel seats generally force you more forward then the OEM seats.

#20 · (Edited)
SVZuki...Just to let you know and/or at least for me. The link in your first post goes directly to a "Post Reply" page and not the thread you were wanting. ;):bigthumbsup:

thanks.:D

EDIT::
Here's the other two threads...
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126393&highlight=grasshopper&page=1

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124917

And a pic from those threads:

I'd be interested in buying one of these too!
well, just found out a job at the house is gonna cost way more than I thought. I guess I better hold off on this for now. Grrr!

#37 · (Edited)
I'm in!...

You mentioned it not moving around, does it feel rock solid while riding? Does it support your lower back or does it feel like it needs to be a bit wider/larger? Or is it the most awesome comfort addition to your bike. Just curious. I wish I could try it out first, but I'm in anyway unless it feels like you could bend it backwards if not careful. Please tell me your thoughts!

#39 ·
I'm in!...

You mentioned it not moving around, does it feel rock solid while riding? Does it support your lower back or does it feel like it needs to be a bit wider/larger? Or is it the most awesome comfort addition to your bike. Just curious. I wish I could try it out first, but I'm in anyway unless it feels like you could bend it backwards if not careful. Please tell me your thoughts!
The backrest pad itself is not uber-stiff. The padding forms to your back nicely and there is just a little flex in it when all your weight is on it (highway riding). I think it will be one of the best additions to the bike for comfort!

It support the small of your back very well. The pad is just the right size. You will like it. If I could I would give you the "Men's Warehouse" guarantee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.