exhaust question

Thread: exhaust question

Default exhaust question

just curious...

do any of you georgia riders have the roadhouse slip ons??

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jakobreid View Post
    just curious...

i have them but not from GA

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by boulevardM109 View Post

ok. do you like them? any complaints?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

also, are you running any kind of fuel management? like fi2000 or power commander?

just curious...

Yeap. I have them and love them. They look almost identical to the OEM pipes and sound great. I run the Tornado Air Kit and PCV. I'll have it dyno tuned soon and will post the results.

Very Active Member GeorgiaRoller's Avatar

Jake have you tried debaffling your stock pipes first? I only ask because you can save yourself $450.00 and see if you like that sound for basically nothing. If it's still not loud enough for you then go ahead and get the slip ons.

FYI: I drilled through all three baffle walls with a 1-1/4" hole saw on both pipes and added 8 1/2" holes in the end. I got to test ride the bike yesterday with the new sound and I was quite happy with it. Not overly loud but very throaty/sporty sounding.

Banned

ok. do you like them? any complaints?

all good ,running power commander and tony mod. debaffling your own pipes sound nothing like roadhouse.

and when you need to re wrap the baffles just use fibre insulation, that stuff in your roof of your house

all good ,running power commander and tony mod. debaffling your own pipes sound nothing like roadhouse.

and when you need to re wrap the baffles just use fibre insulation, that stuff in your roof of your house

The insulation, that's why no one likes to ride behind you, cos every time you back off or give it a fist full your pipes spew out a heap of fluff...

Banned

oh stop your bitchin lol

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    Jake have you tried debaffling your stock pipes first? I only ask because you can save yourself $450.00 and see if you like that sound for basically nothing. If it's still not loud enough for you then go ahead and get the slip ons.

FYI: I drilled through all three baffle walls with a 1-1/4" hole saw on both pipes and added 8 1/2" holes in the end. I got to test ride the bike yesterday with the new sound and I was quite happy with it. Not overly loud but very throaty/sporty sounding.
    Yes my baffles are drilled.. Jason Parnell (mad109-panama city Fl) did them for me before i moved up here..

i'm not sure, but I think he did all 3.. it is a throaty/sporty sound.. I don't have a pc3, or an air mod.. just saw the slip ons and wanted an opinion.

I'll eventually do my own air mod, and a power commander. I'm definitely NOT going to shell out $400+ for an air mod when I can do it myself.

Yes my baffles are drilled.. Jason Parnell (mad109-panama city Fl) did them for me before i moved up here..

i'm not sure, but I think he did all 3.. it is a throaty/sporty sound.. I don't have a pc3, or an air mod.. just saw the slip ons and wanted an opinion.

I'll eventually do my own air mod, and a power commander. I'm definitely NOT going to shell out $400+ for an air mod when I can do it myself.

I had Vance/Hines Cruzers (not available for the 9) on my last bike and I really loved them. Very loud with WOT so I was pretty used to it. I've looked at EVERY set of aftermarket pipes for the 9 and I only like a couple of them and even then I don't have that "must have" feeling towards any of them.

I bet the slip on's sound great. I've heard a few YouTube clips of them. But I have a hard time justifying that much money for slip ons and it doesn't even change the look from stock.

I almost always hate any stock pipes............except for the M109's. I kind of like them. Their just too quiet.

I had Vance/Hines Cruzers (not available for the 9) on my last bike and I really loved them. Very loud with WOT so I was pretty used to it. I've looked at EVERY set of aftermarket pipes for the 9 and I only like a couple of them and even then I don't have that "must have" feeling towards any of them.

I bet the slip on's sound great. I've heard a few YouTube clips of them. But I have a hard time justifying that much money for slip ons and it doesn't even change the look from stock.

I almost always hate any stock pipes............except for the M109's. I kind of like them. Their just too quiet.
    Just so you know: Don't let the term "slip on" fool you. The roadhouse slip ons pretty much replace the full exhaust system except for a portion of the header pipe and the exhaust covers. Like you, I really liked the look of the OEM exhaust. So by getting the slip ons I could get increased performance while keeping the original look. If you haven't heard them in person yet, I'd be willing to bet you a diet coke you will love the sound.

That's one reason I like them - I've looked at so many pipes for the 9.. I just really like the look of the stock pipes.. I've read some pretty nice reviews about the roadhouse.. still, I'm not racing to spend hundreds at the moment. just collecting opinions.. I'm hoping I'll get to see and hear some in person before I buy.

Definitely looking forward to the warmer weather this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Rider View Post
    So by getting the slip ons I could get increased performance while keeping the original look. If you haven't heard them in person yet, I'd be willing to bet you a diet coke you will love the sound.
    That's one reason I like them - I've looked at so many pipes for the 9.. I just really like the look of the stock pipes.. I've read some pretty nice reviews about the roadhouse..
    Your probably both right. I'd love to see & hear them in person myself. I might be convinced as well.

Banned

here my roadhouse with tips off

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_7Dr_-KC94[/ame]

from what I can tell, it sounds more "raw" than stock and maybe a little deeper.. but that may just be the camera microphone.. is that how you would describe it?

I'm a musician by trade - I've got some recording equipment that will handle the sound pressure and frequencies of a bike exhaust.. when I get ready for the roadhouses, I'll do a high-def before and after.

I had the Roadhouse "slip-ons" installed a couple of weeks ago and I love the heck out of them. The sound is great! The only complaint I have, is the same as the rest of the crowd, the installation sucks and so does the hardware they send! I had a shop put them on for me, and they quoted me a half hour installation because they were considered "slip-ons" and they were probably used to the Harley stuff they usually work on. So when I picked it back up the next day they said it took them almost four hours to install the pipes and change the oil haha! I paid them extra for their efforts, but the pipes are leaking at the joints, which is another thing I'm not happy about. It causes an ungodly backfire sometimes when decelerating and downshifting...scares the fire out of you if you're not expecting it! But anyhow, he said he'll fix the leaks for me as soon as I can get it to him. Overall, I'd buy them ten times again because they sound great. The look is perfect because it looks so much like stock, but sounds very impressive. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you one day to let you see and hear them in person. I'm riding this coming Saturday April 10th, so I'll be out and about. I'll send you a PM...