Not a very nice day

Thread: Not a very nice day

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Unhappy Not a very nice day

I thought I would wash the katana and wax it this evening. Before waxing it I decided to ride out to run a few errands. First, a young girl on a black chevy cavalier tries to run over me from the rear at a stop light on Holly Springs Rd.. Then as I turn off Walnut St. to get on Maynard, a guy pulls out of a driveway and stops only after being 3ft. in my lane. I had to lock it down and swerve just to miss him. I finally decide that this is too much and I head home. On the way, I stop at the Rapid Refill store at 1010 and Kildare to exchange an ink cartridge. While I am in the store, I hear a crash, and the wind has blown the bike over on its side. Fortunately I parked just far away from the car so that my helment is thrown off the bike and barely touches the car. I am now home and thankfull to be safe, but as I look at the scratches, I decide not to wax the bike. Oh well, I am thankfull I didn't get in an accident (even though it was close 2 times) and at least it wasn't the nine that turned over. Sorry about rambling, but I just needed to vent. Hope your day goes nicer.

Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear that Keith, Strike three and you out. The best thing to do sometime is just go home.
    Glad you’re safe, See you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tbud View Post
    Sorry to hear that Keith, Strike three and you out. The best thing to do sometime is just go home.
    Glad you’re safe, See you soon
    with TBud. Call it a day and have a beer sorry to hear about the ****ty riding! It can really stress a guy out.
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Six more day to February

Some days just getting home in one piece is a major accomplishment,
    Glad you made it

I told you the black beauty was jealous......................the 9 put on curse on you riding the Kantana!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to be anywhere around if a wind was strong enough to knock you Nine over . . . me thinks that would be a hurricane . Anyhoo . . . glad you're safe! That near rear-end incident would scare the out of me. I normally try to look in my rear view at stop lights, as taught in my MC class, but more times than not, I don't. I try to learn from others as much as possible and I'm going to make a conscious effort to look in my rear-view mirror everytime I stop from now on. Don't consider your post so much as venting . . . consider it educating.

Very Active Member Hubert Hefner's Avatar

well atleast you made it home safe. Still sucks about the bike tho.
    '07 Black, debadged, tach relocation, cobra dragsters w/big city thunder baffles,fi2000, ATRE, ISO grips, cobra dipstick, and red's custom plate bracket.

Sorry to hear about that Keith. Glad you made it home safe. Hope to see you soon!
    Greensboro, North Carolina

Stay safe bro! Glad your ok!
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

Glad you made it dude! But that's what happen when you ride a "girl bike"...
    [

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncbearcats98 View Post
    Glad you made it dude! But that's what happen when you ride a "girl bike"...
    I knew the "girl bike" thing would come up sooner or later. I love my nine, but for short trips, you can't beat the 50 miles to the gallon. 440 lbs. is also a lot easier to work with in tight spaces than over 700 lbs.. Hope to be riding with you guys soon.

Very Active Member BLACKBEAST 109's Avatar

Glad your ok better luck on your next outting