Anyone up for a road trip on Saturday

Thread: Anyone up for a road trip on Saturday

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Default Anyone up for a road trip on Saturday

Seems like the temps will be in the mid 50's and I want to ride. Anyone else up for a quick cruise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Says the man with the fairing!

Went for a little jaunt last Sat. Froze my off!
    '08 yellow LE

I just drilled out the pipes and really would like to try them out on the open road. I did the 8 holes in the end, and took out 2 baffles. I notice a much deeper sound at idle and can't wait to open it up on the road.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Depends on the time frame . . . give me a time . . .

Question: Does removing the baffles void the manufacturer's warranty?
    Last edited by Krusher; 01-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.

[quote=Krusher;1203043]Depends on the time frame . . . give me a time . . .[quote]

Anytime after 12:00.

Question: Does removing the baffles void the manufacturer's warranty?
    Let's hope not. I have an extended warrenty until 2012. I am thinking about getting another stock set just in case.

How far you guys planning on going? I got company in town but may be able to duck out for a few...maybe!?!?

I'm good for an hour or two. Birthday weekend and don't know what the family has planned . . . nothing hopefully . . . after 51 birthdays, the 52nd one really doesn't excite me anymore . . . ok, so is noon the go time?
    Last edited by Krusher; 01-14-2010 at 10:10 PM.

I will have to post a definate time tomorrow. I think noon will be fine, but, I just found out that I may need to babysit the grandkids for a couple of hours on saturday. If I do, you can bet I will be riding my bike when I am done. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the grandkids, but after a couple of hours alone with twin 4 year olds, and a 1 year old, I look like this.

I bet so. My brother has twins.....Keep me posted. I am sure I will have an hour or two to ride.

I feel the need for speed! if I can remember how to ride... can we stop somewhere for Hot Chocolat and some hot soup?
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

Don't have twins, but the wife & I are scheduled to keep our grandkids (girl 2, boys 3 & 6 yrs old) next weekend while our kids celebrate thier wedding anniversary. I'm usually the portable tree for my 3 yr old. Like you, Keith, I love 'em, but I also like to consider 'em my little "drive-bys" . . . love to see 'em come & and love to see 'em go! My day isn't filled tomorrow, so keep me posted.

KD normally chimes in on these invites . . . KD?

Brian, hot anything will be good . . .
    Last edited by Krusher; 01-15-2010 at 02:35 PM.

OK, I havn't heard from my daughter yet, so I will assume 12:00 will work. If that time is good, where do you want to meet? The ones on my side (KD, Justbman, and anyone else) can meet me at my house and we can meet with the Durham guys at the place of your choice. I will be back on in the morning to see what you guys think.

Meet me a Biscuitville in Asheboro!!!!!!!

just got in, I'm up for a ride. Rode a little last Saturday, ready for a longer ride.

Meet me at the McDonald's at Southpoint Crossing which is across I-40 from the mall. Take exit 276 (Fayetteville St exit), turn right at the light, immediately bear left and take a left at the next light. McDonald's should be on the right. I'll meet you guys at 1230p.
    Last edited by Krusher; 01-16-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusher View Post
    Meet me at the McDonald's at Southpoint Crossing which is across I-40 from the mall. Take exit 276 (Fayetteville St exit), turn right at the light, immediately bear left and take a left at the next light. McDonald's should be on the right. I'll meet you guys at 1230p.
    Sounds good to me. John, will this work for you? If not, KD & I talked about crusing through to Ashboro. Maybe we can get a meet up time to come through that way. Give me a call if this works for you. I am good for riding today from noon until around 5:00. My only thing is, I want to ride.

small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.

You Raleigh/Durham guys don't ride all week? JEEZ we're in North Carolina not North Dakota I'll be riding to but I'm staying local...it was cool but nice all week to and from work. blacklightning...drilling the pipes will void the warranty.....on the exhaust. Course knowing some dealers it would cause an oil leak as well Ride well and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    You Raleigh/Durham guys don't ride all week? JEEZ we're in North Carolina not North Dakota I'll be riding to but I'm staying local...it was cool but nice all week to and from work. blacklightning...drilling the pipes will void the warranty.....on the exhaust. Course knowing some dealers it would cause an oil leak as well Ride well and safe.
    Gramps, when I stepped out for work last week, my 'nads didn't even drop to see what the temps were due to the chill (LOL). I rode to work yesterday and the temp was 29 degrees. Any lower and I'm headed for the F-150.

The reason I asked about the exhaust was because I'm thinking 'bout installing Scorpion Tips. I know, I know, I've been saying for 3 years that I'm satisfied with the OEMs, but listening to everybody else's makes me want a deeper sound (not necessarily louder, but I guess that comes with the territory . . . darn). But if that's going to void the warranty in any way, I'll wait til next year when mine expires.

Returned home (albeit chilled) safe and sound . . . Good seeing you again John! Enjoyed the ride!

Great ride today guys! I checked my therm. and it is showing 55 degrees. I must say that it feels a little cooler (wouldn't you agree Justbman). Went a total of about 160 miles or so. Good seeing you again John. Let me know if you see another one of those ebay deals on those great pipes. Time to thaw out and look forward to another nice weekend with friends.

Good times! Great laughs! As always... The dollar store gloves helped alot. When I got home and looked and found out it was in the 50s I was "God! I'm wimpy!"
    I really enjoyed my $3 lunch too! Then I had to sit there watch KD pull out all his warming vest, gloves and whatever else was keeping him warm he plugged in LOL... I gave my hands a personal jacuzzi in the sink when I got home It was worth it being in the saddle again
    Last edited by justbman; 01-17-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justbman View Post
    Good times! Great laughs! As always... The dollar store gloves helped alot. When I got home and looked and found out it was in the 50s I was "God! I'm wimpy!"
    I really enjoyed my $3 lunch too! Then I had to sit there watch KD pull out all his warming vest, gloves and whatever else was keeping him warm he plugged in LOL... I gave my hands a personal jacuzzi in the sink when I got home It was worth it being in the saddle again
    I kept looking in my rearview to see if KD was going to "FLAME ON!" like Torch in the Fanstatic 4 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Krusher View Post
    I kept looking in my rearview to see if KD was going to "FLAME ON!" like Torch in the Fanstatic 4 . . .
    I do need a controller (thermostat) had to keep switching on and off to keep from overheating. I wasn't wearing the pant liner not cold enough for the pant liner. Saturday before last the pant liner was needed.

I really did enjoy meeting up with you guys at Wendy's, shame they didn't sell carmel to go with the apples!!!!!!! Always a fun time talking with my friends.

Ha! Ha! Just wait, come February, I will be eating the biggest steak, burger, rack of ribs in the place.

I gave up celibacy...

Quote Originally Posted by justbman View Post
    I gave up celibacy...
    Sometimes celibacy is forced upon some of us. Hope to see some of you guys on the road this week since it should be nice. Just don't dis me in case I decide to ride the kat for those short around town rides.