Sept 18 2010 - Vegas!

Thread: Sept 18 2010 - Vegas!

Default Sept 18 2010 - Vegas!

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121082

This should be a great time for the Utah group to show up and have some fun with a bunch of other 9 owners!
    - Mntsnow -

Respect turns into AWE with the twist of the Throttle!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default What about Las Vegas Bike Fest?

The Annual Bike Fest is Oct 1-4 2010! Is there a way they can postpone a few days? That would be so awesome to have some
    109's down there for once. I see a few but not many. I would love to go in Sep too but it's not in the cards. I still like them postponing a few days to make the bike fest

here is a link

http://www.lasvegasbikefest.com/

Joe

Ride it like you stole it, unless the wife is riding along!

It will be so good to see you and Sly again!
    - Mntsnow -

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedStranger View Post
    Cant wait to see the Utah 9's! Its been too long! (RedStranger aka Fixxer.)
    Hi Fixxer and Sly, this is Brett, formerly known as My9, (we met in st. george). I think I can swing this and would love to see you guys again. Hope all is well.

Hey all

I PM'd MntSnow on this one but he was keen to add it here.

Us Aussies are doing a little road trip before Vegas. We will be staying in Springdale on the 16th(Thursday Night) and then heading into Vegas from there. It seems we will also be meeting others there, in particular those travelling down from the North.

If you want to meet us and join the trip into Vegas your more than welcome. We haven't found our accomodation in Springdale yet, but I will post our accomodation as soon as we find it.

Rick
    __________________Halo's... Inner light... I'm not that kind of Angel ______________________

Bambam, are you guys leaving for vegas on fri, if so what time you think?

xxx

I'm trying to plan my route to Vegas and meeting up with the Aussies should fit in nicely. I'll be entering Utah at Bonneville Salt Flats (I've already been told not to ride on the salt) and heading to Salt Lake City 'cause I've never been there before. From there I'd like to snake down towards Telluride, Co and do the Million Dollar Highway, Four Corners, north side of the Grand Canyon, and then back into Southern Utah.

What I need are some suggestions for routes from SLC to Colorado that will take me along some 'must see' roads.

Thanks

Dan

- Mntsnow -

Basically that map I linked puts you on I-80 leaving SLC UT heading East to Park City up over to the Jordanelle reservoir over to Kamas and up over Wolf Creek Pass to Tabiona and Dueshese up over Indian Canyon to Price, down to Green River to Moab (spend time in Arches NP/Monument) then over into Colorado to be able to pickup the Million Dollar Highway...Down thru Cortez CO. on to 4 Corners (be able to be in 4 states at the same time..well at least an arm in two different and a leg in two different ones!)...On over to Page AZ and part of the Grand Canyon....Up into the Grand Staircase area over past Bryce Canyon and down thru Zion NP into St. George then on into Vegas :)
    - Mntsnow -

Pegasus

Some of us from Nor Cal are doing a similar trip. When do you plan on getting to the million $ Hwy?

Pegasus

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam70 View Post
    Hey all

I PM'd MntSnow on this one but he was keen to add it here.

Us Aussies are doing a little road trip before Vegas. We will be staying in Springdale on the 16th(Thursday Night) and then heading into Vegas from there. It seems we will also be meeting others there, in particular those travelling down from the North.

If you want to meet us and join the trip into Vegas your more than welcome. We haven't found our accomodation in Springdale yet, but I will post our accomodation as soon as we find it.

Rick
    Californiaroadrunner, Yamadog, Chief and I are booked at the Terrace Brook Lodge in Sringdale for the 15th & 16th. So we'll see you there.

If you haven't booked a room there yet you better do it soon, They're mostly booked up already.

All 10 of us booked in... Sept 16th.

See you there.
    __________________Halo's... Inner light... I'm not that kind of Angel ______________________

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mntsnow View Post

Thanks for the advice. And I've booked into that same motel for the evening of the 16th.

Dan

No problem and my pleasure to help you see some great sights while visiting :)
    - Mntsnow -

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Some of us from Nor Cal are doing a similar trip. When do you plan on getting to the million $ Hwy?
    My plans are still in the developmental stage. Right now the trip is at a very ambitious 8,000 kms for the entire loop. I'm quite glad that I have to fly back east from Vegas to give myself a little rest before the ride home.

Right now, I'm riding from Moab Utah through the Million Dollar Highway on Wednesday the 16th with the overnight stop likely being Cortez, Co.

Dan